Drink package timing

bertsgirl

Hello all,

My DH & I leave on the brilliance tomorrow & his only concern is how long he has to wIt I between ordering his bud lights with the drink package:)

Anyone know of time limits...on Carnival last year it was a minimum of 20 minutes between orders.

Thanks in advance!!!

Hello all,

My DH & I leave on the brilliance tomorrow & his only concern is how long he has to wIt I between ordering his bud lights with the drink package:)

Anyone know of time limits...on Carnival last year it was a minimum of 20 minutes between orders.

Thanks in advance!!!

No time limits between alcoholic beverages on Royal.

Edited by clarea

Hello all,

Thanks in advance!!!

Wow, that could cause a riot!

Actually, there is a time limit in the Royal point of sale system. I did a personal tequila taste test on BOS during our 1/21 sailing. During the conversation with the bartender he told me he could only enter one of the shots in the POS. He said there is a time limit between drinks. That being said, the bartenders on Brilliance did not enforce that limit and will just give you another drink without putting the "sale" in the computer. So, no worries.

Actually, there is a time limit in the Royal point of sale system. I did a personal tequila taste test on BOS during our 1/21 sailing. During the conversation with the bartender he told me he could only enter one of the shots in the POS. He said there is a time limit between drinks. That being said, the bartenders on Brilliance did not enforce that limit and will just give you another drink without putting the "sale" in the computer. So, no worries.

Interesting, did not know that. Did they say what the time limit was?

They will refuse him if he orders back to back drinks with zero time in between. Packages are for one person only and no one should be slamming down drinks that fast. Waiting ten minutes or so won't kill him.

Is it ok with you if a person slams down two full sugar sodas in a row?

Can I chow down two orders of French fries in a row? How about the child

I saw having the vacation of his life and slamming down three soft serve ice cream cones in a row?

Even though none of those things happen in everyday life but on a one week vacation can be common. Maybe you could just make us all a short list of what is unacceptable according to you. Don't forget to include the stuff that won't kill a person to do without but that you find unacceptable.

Is it ok with you if a person slams down two full sugar sodas in a row?

Can I chow down two orders of French fries in a row? How about the child

I saw having the vacation of his life and slamming down three soft serve ice cream cones in a row?

Even though none of those things happen in everyday life but on a one week vacation can be common. Maybe you could just make us all a short list of what is unacceptable according to you. Don't forget to include the stuff that won't kill a person to do without but that you find unacceptable.

No way it would be a short list especially if all the great parenting advice was added in.

I was told on Navigator last year there was a 15 min wait between drinks, you can not order a double, if there was no wait you could get a double. But no limit on amount of drinks, I have no problem with 15 mins

I had not heard of a time limit, except on the use of the Freestyle machines. Maybe this is something new they are just implementing.

I was told on Navigator last year there was a 15 min wait between drinks, you can not order a double, if there was no wait you could get a double. But no limit on amount of drinks, I have no problem with 15 mins

This is only for drink packages correct? Time limit I mean.

I was told there was as well...but anytime I mention it on any boards I am told by others no there isn't.

I haven't had an issue with it, but I could see it being an issue if you do a shot and then they make you wait 15 mins for a beer.

Don't need doubles though...drinks are mixed plenty strong I can assure you.

Edited by monctonguy

They will refuse him if he orders back to back drinks with zero time in between. Packages are for one person only and no one should be slamming down drinks that fast. Waiting ten minutes or so won't kill him.

When we were on Allure and Brilliance with friends there were multiple times we ordered drinks "back to back" and it wasn't because we were "slamming" them down...

There were actually a few drinks we didn't end up liking and turned around and ordered different ones immediately!'

Also, there were times when we ordered shots and then an actual cocktail/beer directly after with no issues.

So, in our experience they have never refused service to someone ordering drinks in a short time period and if people were "slamming down drinks that fast" it really wouldn't have bothered us one bit :) We are all on vacation to relax and have fun!