10 nites and 4 people=40 pairs of underwear!!!

We pack our underwear in a 2.5 gal zip lock bag. Fill it with the folded garmets, press out all the air, and quickly seal the zipper on the bag. Instantly vacuum sealed (almost) undergarmets that do not take up much space. Plus, if security at the airport must go through your luggage, it does not mess up the folding.

Just a thought.

Tim & Crystal

How big are your undies, only kidding! I use the 2.5 gal zip lock bags for lots of things & love them.

RCCL charges $1.20 per item for underwear and $1.00 per pair of socks. There isn't much of a difference in price versus buying these items. Underwear and socks take up very little room in the suitcase compared to everything else so I would bring enough for the whole cruise. This weeks Kohl's ad has 6 pack of sport socks for $7. Why would you pay $6 to have them washed?

http://www.tilley.com/thumbnail.asp?gender=&extractBy=CategoryId&id=3

According to this website 2 pair will take you round the world . :)

That was the point of my earlier post. We each take three pair (different colors) of microfiber or silk. They wash out easily in the sink and dry overnight. It's really not necessary to bring a lot of undies if you choose the right fabrics.

A good, sturdy pair of underware will last you 12 days (or changes). Let me explain.

Day 1 = wear them as you normally would.

Day 2 = wear them backwards

Day 3 = wear them inside out, correct side front

Day 4 = inside out and backwards

Now, a good sturdy pair will have 3 holes (2 for legs, one for waist). For the next four days, rotate the underware clockwise and repeat steps 1 - 4. After day 8, rotate again for days 9 - 12.

Problems solved.

Note: Will NOT work with thongs. Days 5-12 are rather uncomfortable.

Thanks to all for the great ideas.

I have to say...Phins and Gills really gave me a chuckle...that is the option my DH would pick I'm sure !!!

I checked out the Tilley underware. they look great...but $15 a pair.. I would only be taking 2.

My biggest error was forgetting about the possible 2 pair a day need as everyone pointed out...the need for fresh ones for the evening.

I'm thinking the best plan of action is a mix of all the great suggestions. Baggies, disposables, and commando when I can.

A good, sturdy pair of underware will last you 12 days (or changes). Let me explain.

Now, a good sturdy pair will have 3 holes (2 for legs, one for waist). For the next four days, rotate the underware clockwise and repeat steps 1 - 4. After day 8, rotate again for days 9 - 12.

Problems solved.

Note: Will NOT work with thongs. Days 5-12 are rather uncomfortable.

ROFLMAO!! :D

On a recent budget cruise, the hygiene officer announced on the sixth day that a change of underwear was, at last, allowed. That was the good news. The bad news was that Deck C would be changing with Deck F....etc...etc...You get the picture!

Stick with RCI....or stick to your undies....the choice is yours!

Grumm

[B]10 nites and 4 people=40 pairs of underwear!!![/B]

Ten nights is Eleven days...

[B]11 days and 4 people=4[U][SIZE=3]4[/SIZE][/U] pairs of underwear!!![/B]

Someones going commando!

I think Hanes needs to jump on this disposable idea for travelers.... maybe one pair with tear off inner panels!

[quote name='PhinsAndGills']A good, sturdy pair of underware will last you 12 days (or changes). Let me explain.

Problems solved.
Note: Will NOT work with thongs. Days 5-12 are rather uncomfortable.[/quote]

Sounds great, but I'm female! The same part of the panties get "used" whether they're backwards or forwards.:p

With PhinsAndGills method, you won't have to worry about finding a peaceful spot to relax, no one will want to be very close to you. No one will save chairs around you in the theater, no one will hestitate in front of you in the buffet line. Perhaps he is onto something!

Take enough for 3 or 4 days, wash them out in the sink. Even with the ziploc baggies, your cabin will smell like dirty underwear after a few days. You will be glad to pay the $ a pair for the boxers.

[quote name='KKeeganS']I probably bring twice that amount per person because I don't like putting on used underwear when I change out of a swimsuit or get out of the shower. I like the idea of packing underwear nearing the end of its lifespan and then tossing it - might be a good way of purging my husband's pathetic stash. Then again, do I really want my poor cabin steward hauling off husband's underpants as they snarl and battle to crawl back into the stateroom??? :D :D[/quote]

:eek:

then I hurt myself laughing~! Thank you for the good belly laugh!:D

This was my one great opportunity to exchange the religious underthings for brand new, in package undies and socks for my men! I am thrilled. I also tossed out tons of holey undies and socks in the trash today. I am hoping no one notices until we come home :)

10 pair? Ok for the guys but I always want a fresh pair after I shower and when I am in salt water I shower so for out 11 day trip I have 15 pair packed (I wash with Woolite).

[quote name='Happy ks']With PhinsAndGills method,... Perhaps [B]he[/B] is onto something![/quote]
[quote name='Laetitia']Sounds great, but I'm female! The same part of the panties get "used" whether they're backwards or forwards.[/quote]
Hold on, wait wait, I AM female. :D Is it that unbelieveable that a WOMAN could come up with such an unsanitary underware method. hee hee.:D I've been stuck in a few travel "snafu's". This particular idea came from sitting 5 hours in the Paris airport trying to fill out lost luggage forms (when noone in the group spoke French) and trying to decide what to do about underware because NONE of us wanted to spend our precious souvie-money on undies. I developed this idea. Noone paid much attention to me. However, the gal that suggested washing them out and drying them in the TOASTER OVEN won, and we wore crunchy underware for 2 days until our luggage arrived.

On sea days....you get up and put on your bathing suit...
You change before dinner and put on a pair of undies..
that's one per day.
On excursion days you either put on shorts or again a bathing suit for beach days, cave tubing etc. You change before dinner and put on a pair of undies.
Most days one pair. Bring 10 and a few for good luck.
Or use the laundry service. We got a great deal on princess last cruise....everything that could fit into a bag for one price....Can't remember but it was pretty cheap.
Does RCL have this deal? Can't remember.

[quote name='cruisinsly']Why wear any at all? hehe couldnt resist.[/QUOTE]

Too much information!

And for whoever said "Sounds great, but I'm female! The same part of the panties get "used" whether they're backwards or forwards." I just don't get your point ;)

-Monte

Archived