Past final payment and lots of suites left

Wilson

We took advantage of a "W" suite guarantee and resident rate and upgraded from a balcony on our April 2016 Liberty cruise. As expected we were assigned a JS and happy with the mid-ship location on the 10th floor.

Just curious why there are so many suites still available? There are 25 JS's and 6 GS's. We were previously going May 8th and there are only 6 JS's and no GS's available. We are booked in Nov and there is only 1 JS and no GS's available. Just seems odd.

Searching other categories there seems to be lots of vacant cabins. Is there a site that provides info on the % of cabins still available? I have no objection to being on a ship with fewer people, but it seems that they always sail at or near capacity.

The current GS rate is ridiculous. I am watching it in hopes of a significant drop. For the right price we would upgrade to a GS. Maybe there will still be a few available closer to sail date and we can get a deal.

• 3 weeks later...
We are still assigned to our JS. They have still not sold a single JS or GS since my original post. Come on Royal, give me a fair deal to upgrade. :D

Try calling C&A, see if they have anything to offer.

Lots of D+ and greater out there who get the upgrade offers first.

Plus unless it is truly off season Royal seems hesitant to drop the GS prices by too much. Don't want to anger those who paid "regular" price it seems.

We are still assigned to our JS. They have still not sold a single JS or GS since my original post. Come on Royal, give me a fair deal to upgrade. :D

About 2 weeks ago I called my "major online TA" and they quoted me the difference in the website price with what I paid for current JS.

I was under the assumption that if I called C&A they would refer me to my TA.

I am just surprised that GS are still so high ($6518 for 2 with all discounts) 60 days out. Now the difference from our JS ("W") rate almost $4000! :eek:

About 2 weeks ago I called my "major online TA" and they quoted me the difference in the website price with what I paid for current JS.

I was under the assumption that if I called C&A they would refer me to my TA.

I am just surprised that GS are still so high ($6518 for 2 with all discounts) 60 days out. Now the difference from our JS ("W") rate almost $4000! :eek:

6518 is too rich for me but me DS and DIL are looking at a GS on Allure for just over 8000, which includes discounts. This is in the summer so I know prices are higher.

I wanted a grand suite on Adventure for our Sept. 10 sailing. I'm hoping that they become available before final payment. I look everyday to see if one has freed up. So far, only JS available.

I hope you get want you want, too and at a price you want to pay!

I wanted a grand suite on Adventure for our Sept. 10 sailing. I'm hoping that they become available before final payment. I look everyday to see if one has freed up. So far, only JS available.

I hope you get want you want, too and at a price you want to pay!

I bet one does. :)

They still have not sold any of the GS cabins for our sailing. Called TA and Royal still sticking to there super high price and no desire to negotiate.

Edited by WilsonFamilyNRH