Asia Flight

pieshops

Might want to consider adding the App "Hopper" to your repertoire (if you haven't already) of tools to combat the war on fares and itineraries. Just enter a destination into the app and it searches the internet for the best deals revealing a sensible snapshot of fares, ideal travel dates and the likelihood as to when prices might rise and fall. It's been consistently high rated as one of the best air travel apps, we are all looking for the best prices and options in our travel - whatever tools we can use to "beat the system" the better off our trips will be. Can't hurt to try ;) (it's free!)

Host Bonjour

Colleen

HostBonjour@CruiseCritic.com

Tried the app, thanks for the referral.

Do you know if there is a way to do open jaw tickets on this, i could only find a way to do roundtrip

EVA is a good airline. Taiwan based. They have some excellent sales from time to time.

Given the choice between EVA and Delta or United, I would pick EVA if the schedules/elapsed times were as good or better.

ANA is also very good.

Tried the app, thanks for the referral.

Do you know if there is a way to do open jaw tickets on this, i could only find a way to do roundtrip

Not yet, but I believe it's on deck for a future release of the App...these newer options take a little time to catch up with the rest of what's going on in fare price strategies! The more feedback they get (leave reviews) the quicker the App updates happen ;) Many people purchase open jaw for many reasons, keey an eye open for it.

I've seen some great prices on EVA Air from LAX to Singapore and return to LAX from Singapore. Does anyone know anything about EVA Air?

Got a great deal of $441 pp one way LAX to Singapore, leave in 3 weeks! At the time I had never heard of them but in the past month or so I heard they were named one of the top airlines, feeling even better now ;)

I am finding some amazing pricing on the consolidators on line.

Trying to figure out what the catch is

The catch is you never know the fare rules for consolidators, you can't accrue miles most of the time, and if anything happens and you get stuck, you might not be able to be re-routed (on that airline or any other). Read the Air forum here for MANY more details.

Airfare booked.

I found a consolidator with good reviews, book through them and then I deal with airlines after and same conditions and change policy as if I booked through the airline.

JFK to Zurich with a 12 hour layover - get out and see the city and then onward to Hong Kong on Swiss Air

Singapore to Tokyo on ANA (UNITED flight) and then Tokyo to Newark nonstop - 4 hours in Tokyo layover

$1127 - Very, very, very happy with this rate - there are 5 of us so this is over $3500 savings then what I though we would have to pay for the 5 of us

Now this feels real

Congrats on securing those prices and the $$ savings - just make sure you have the airline booking or reservation codes, if not already provided to you, reconfirm the details as needed directly on the airlines' website - including seat assignments or requests, special meals, etc. Check & reconfirm your free luggage allowances for all segments.

We use a local TA for almost all TPAC flights as we can seldom come up with better prices, not always "round-trip" pricing - sometimes, one-way pricing and/or open-jaws ... and, savings can be substantial especially if our travel plans/dates are flexible (which often exclude those cruising)

Have you thought about travel / trip insurance if not covered by your CC ?

FYI for others - just saw CX round-trip specials, JFK-HKG for this fall - need to book by end of Feb. for under $700 p/p in coach, taxes/fees/surcharges, etc. included. That's more than 35% off when fares were sky-high with fuel supplements not that long ago.

Edited by mking8288

Congrats on securing those prices and the $$ savings - just make sure you have the airline booking or reservation codes, if not already provided to you, reconfirm the details as needed directly on the airlines' website - including seat assignments or requests, special meals, etc. Check & reconfirm your free luggage allowances for all segments.

We use a local TA for almost all TPAC flights as we can seldom come up with better prices, not always "round-trip" pricing - sometimes, one-way pricing and/or open-jaws ... and, savings can be substantial especially if our travel plans/dates are flexible (which often exclude those cruising)

Have you thought about travel / trip insurance if not covered by your CC ?

FYI for others - just saw CX round-trip specials, JFK-HKG for this fall - need to book by end of Feb. for under $700 p/p in coach, taxes/fees/surcharges, etc. included. That's more than 35% off when fares were sky-high with fuel supplements not that long ago.

Thanks we always get travel insurance. Once we payed for tickets I logged on with Swiss air , u tied and ANA who we wil be flying with and confirmed al was there, got our seats etc. all is awesome.

We had seen those low fares but they all seemed to be on the Chinese airlines or Aeroflot with a 12 plus hour layover in Moscow without being able to leave the airport without a 200 pp visa and I have heard a lot of really bad things from a lot of people about the Chinese airlines.

Thanks we always get travel insurance. Once we payed for tickets I logged on with Swiss air , u tied and ANA who we wil be flying with and confirmed al was there, got our seats etc. all is awesome.

We had seen those low fares but they all seemed to be on the Chinese airlines or Aeroflot with a 12 plus hour layover in Moscow without being able to leave the airport without a 200 pp visa and I have heard a lot of really bad things from a lot of people about the Chinese airlines.

I am not finding any good fares for one way from Singapore to Ottawa, Ontario on or around December 11th when our cruise ends. Any advice anyone on where to look for good prices.

Any info appreciated.

I am not finding any good fares for one way from Singapore to Ottawa, Ontario on or around December 11th when our cruise ends. Any advice anyone on where to look for good prices.

Any info appreciated.

We booked on fly Hong Kong dot com. You book with them but you can manage you own reservations after purchase. Very easy

This winter we used it matrix to identify a good flight Calgary-Bangkok return. Good on terms of price and schedule. it is not a booking site.

We identified our preference. AC to Tokyo and ANA to Bangkok. AC wanted 1500 for the flight. Booked on Orbitz (after trying three other sites) for 1020 CAD. Same flight, same fare code, same aeroplan miles. Ticket was issued by AC and charged by AC.

Ok, my mind is spinning.

We are heading out to Hong Kong and retiring from Singapore next December and January.

Flights are now coming available and I am surprised at how high pricing is.

It seems the cheapest non stop to Hong Kong and One stop on the return from Singapore from JFK is just under 2000 dollars pp - this is the quickest (16 hours flight time)

I have looked at other options such as booking on Air France, Lufthansa and ANA all with long layovers (10-15 hours) in Paris, Munich and Tokyo which is fine with us, we can leave the airport and check out the city but the flight times are longer (19 hours in the air total plus ground time) but the flight are about 1500p

there are 5 of us so a 2500 dollar savings is substantial.

For all of you who have done this route what are your thoughts?

Am I missing something in pricing this out?

Have you looked at EVA, the Taiwanese national carrier from JFK? Seemed reasonable fare and free shuttle from Piscataway to JFK. We live at Shore too, so this shuttle is a bonus! Good luck!

Have you looked at EVA, the Taiwanese national carrier from JFK? Seemed reasonable fare and free shuttle from Piscataway to JFK. We live at Shore too, so this shuttle is a bonus! Good luck!

we booked through fly hong kong dot com they are a consolidator.

We paid 1170 outbound swiss air through zurich with long layover and return on ANA to Tokyo and United Tokyo to Newark

Very happy

we booked through fly hong kong dot com they are a consolidator.

We paid 1170 outbound swiss air through zurich with long layover and return on ANA to Tokyo and United Tokyo to Newark

Very happy

On fly hong kong dot com the price for a one-way flight from Singapore to Ottawa is $1100 U.S. In Canadian dollars that is a lot more. I could get a flight for $877 but it's at 12:55 a.m. and the ship does not dock until 6:00 a.m.

What does CX stand for?

Wendy

It may stand for Cathay Pacific Airlines. A great choice.

We priced out SE Asia trip using Hong Kong as a hub however it turned out to be the most expensive option for us. Plus, HK hotels are expected save. It turned out to be more advantageous for us to use Bangkok as a hub and then take local flights from there.

We have done ANA from Tokyo-Bangkok for the past two years. It is fine.

Edited by iancal