"Ultimate" vs "Adult" Beverage Package

Sterling

I have searched the forums for this answer and haven't found it weeding through threads and replies.

When I booked I was to receive an "Ultimate Beverage Package", but on the NCL site, under my reservation confirmation, it says "Adult Beverage Package".

Are these the same thing?

Thanks much!

Daniel

They're the same thing. Online and in marketing they call it the Ultimate Beverage Package. . .but on documents and confirmations they call it the Adult Beverage Package. It's too bad they cannot be consistent and eliminate confusion.

• Like 1

Mine says "Adult ultimate beverage package" but I'm sure it's the same thing.

Did you happen to book through a TA? Sometimes they word things differently.

I booked through an online "TA", but this was listed on the Norwegian site (see pic attached). Just has me a bit confused - want to make sure I'm getting what we were promised. :)

1412972544_ScreenShot2016-02-10at2_37_40PM.jpg.78b87b614bc40271fa647588d731fa1f.jpg

My online vacation summary actually says both - like this:

Adult Ultimate Beverage Package

Adult Beverage Package - Promo

So I am pretty certain it is the same thing, the name is just changed since you booked it.

Edited by TrumpyNor

Funny, I thought the U stood for Unlimited not Ultimate :D

So you have the Unlimited Beverage Package (UBP) which includes adult beverages as well as sodas. Then there is the Unlimited Soda Package which is for soda only or have they changed that once again :D

The only Ultimate package was the UDP or Ultimate Dining Package now replaced with the SDP or Specialty Dining Package.

Funny, I thought the U stood for Unlimited not Ultimate :D

So you have the Unlimited Beverage Package (UBP) which includes adult beverages as well as sodas. Then there is the Unlimited Soda Package which is for soda only or have they changed that once again :D

The only Ultimate package was the UDP or Ultimate Dining Package now replaced with the SDP or Specialty Dining Package.

Incorrect. It is called the "Ultimate Beverage Package".

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/beverage-packages

I think it all depends on the date you booked your cruise. At one point, they included the 18% grats and service charge. I cruise on Feb 20, 2016. I booked 10 months in advance. The gratuities and service charge was included with our package. They no longer include the gratuities and service charges. I think they needed to change the wording for their POS systems. One packages the grats and tips together, the other places the grats and tips on your account to pay at the end. Just a guess, but a pretty good guess considering I worked at a hotel and programmed different hotel packages. We had to use different names to identify them.

My online vacation summary actually says both - like this:

Adult Ultimate Beverage Package

Adult Beverage Package - Promo

So I am pretty certain it is the same thing, the name is just changed since you booked it.

I think it all depends on the date you booked your cruise. At one point, they included the 18% grats and service charge. I cruise on Feb 20, 2016. I booked 10 months in advance. The gratuities and service charge was included with our package. They no longer include the gratuities and service charges. I think they needed to change the wording for their POS systems. One packages the grats and tips together, the other places the grats and tips on your account to pay at the end. Just a guess, but a pretty good guess considering I worked at a hotel and programmed different hotel packages. We had to use different names to identify them.

"rnustad", when I read your explanation it sounded logic to me that that was the explanation. Except that I changed my cruise reservation almost a year ago to have the UBP included (promo) for my upcoming cruise in April 2016, and at that time the 18% gratuities was included (I didn't have to pay anything extra). And on my online vacation summary it is today listed as quoted above. Which is exactly the same name as it stated on the amenity "invoice" that I received by e-mail from my PCC in the beginning of April 2015.

Edited by TrumpyNor

• 2 weeks later...

I think it must be one and the same Adult/Ultimate/Unlimited Beverage Package. I would say that when we booked (around a month ago - and the trip included two nights in Times Square)) we phoned the TA via an ad in one of our UK papers . When booking, she asked whether we wished to pay the 'gratuity' then or on completion of our trip. We didn't know a lot about it, so opted out when booking, but we appreciate it will be added on to our CC tab on completion of the cruise. I think it shocking they do this, we would rather tip on merit (and we aren't mean) than have it forcibly taken off us. But, their cruise, their rules. We will tip on an individual basis as well anyway.

We have five of the speciality restaurants booked - I'm hoping the UBP applies in these venues. Anyone know please? Can't find any info anywhere other than any drink within the package is limited to a bar price of $15. Hope all is good with this - I can drink Pina Colada for breakfast!

Edited by majoranna

We have five of the speciality restaurants booked - I'm hoping the UBP applies in these venues. Anyone know please? Can't find any info anywhere other than any drink within the package is limited to a bar price of $15. Hope all is good with this - I can drink Pina Colada for breakfast!

Yes, you can have drinks with the UBP everywhere on the ship, as long as you order a type of drink that is included (like no specialty coffees, no water, no fresh juices). And you can even order a drink that cost more than $15 and then just pay the difference.

When booking, she asked whether we wished to pay the 'gratuity' then or on completion of our trip. We didn't know a lot about it, so opted out when booking, but we appreciate it will be added on to our CC tab on completion of the cruise.

It may be worth reconsidering this depending on how many of you there are and the length of the cruise.

The daily charge is $13.50 per day. If added to your cruise account then you may also incur foreign currency fees on your credit card.

When we made a booking just over a month ago the charge was £8.50 per day when added to the final payment, which is a saving of nearly £1 per day each.

Hey guys thank you so much for the replies.

Good to know we can get our 'free' drinks in the speciality restaurants.

Apropos the gratuity, makes sense, so we'll try and sort tomorrow. We were quoted £170 by our TA so that's spot on at £8.50 pp per day. Just hope it hasn't gone up.

Not complaining mind - can't wait

• 10 months later...

Just wanted to check in on this to see if anyone had any surprises. We cruise in a couple weeks out of NYC, and we got the "Adult Beverage Package" for free along with Free Gratuities via booking through JetBlue.

The NCL site doesn't list such a package for purchase, only the "Ultimate Beverage Package" which is like $652 per person!!

Cheers!

Just wanted to check in on this to see if anyone had any surprises. We cruise in a couple weeks out of NYC, and we got the "Adult Beverage Package" for free along with Free Gratuities via booking through JetBlue.

The NCL site doesn't list such a package for purchase, only the "Ultimate Beverage Package" which is like $652 per person!!

Cheers!

You won't get any surprises. The promo beverage package is exactly the same as the one you purchase. This has been the case since the promos started a few years ago.

Thanks for posting this because I was just questioning it last night. I noticed a cabana excursion on Great Stirrup Cay and it said you can have beverages from your Ultimate Beverage Package while in the cabana but my reservation says "Adult Beverage Package". I couldn't find any other package resembling what I have so I was assuming they were one and the same.

• 3 weeks later...
While the terms and conditions state that the package applies to Great Stirrup Caye, it also implies that it will NOT apply to Harvest Caye.

Can anyone confirm from first hand experience?

Yes, everyone who has stopped at Harvest Caye with NCL since it opened has confirmed it.

You're right that the terms are poorly written (sadly, not an isolated example). They say that the UBP cannot be purchased on Harvest Caye, but what they evidently meant to say is that it cannot be used there, either.

Thanks Hawkeyetlse ... that is what I expected, but good to know 100%.

Yes, everyone who has stopped at Harvest Caye with NCL since it opened has confirmed it.

You're right that the terms are poorly written (sadly, not an isolated example). They say that the UBP cannot be purchased on Harvest Caye, but what they evidently meant to say is that it cannot be used there, either.

We just recently booked the 15 day San Francisco ~ Panama Canal ~ Miami cruise on the Sun. I booked through NCL and not through a travel agent. The "free" drink package, which does not include the 18% gratuity ~ now an add on of $213.30 per person, but still a great deal ~ is called the Adult Beverage Package in my documents and online information.

I have a question. In the usage rules, it states, "One drink per order." I am assuming that you are allowed multiple orders, such a evening drinks at a bar, but you have to finish a drink before you can order another one. Correct? We haven't sailed on NCL since they started offering these packages.

AB.jpg.f3fc055842f176de602ea00e2e3badab.jpg