Adult pools... Carnival are you listening again?

cruzn buckeye

So, I like many others, would like to see the aft pools on the ships to be adult only. i was told that it is a family cruise, so many ships that are not aft adult only won't be.

My thing about this is... The MID pool is family friendly, the water works are a great thing for families with children...

The majority of the year, are adults cruising without kids...Sep. through May.

But... even though we have the serenity areas, only a few ships, Sunshine and Spirit class, have pools in them.

Most Serenity areas only have hot tubs... Adults need an area where they can enjoy the cooling off at the pool without it being full of kiddos. I know some people don't agree... ususally those whose children are still young.

I have 5 grandchildren. two are grown... three are babies.. i love kids... don't get me wrong:rolleyes:

It just that WE ADULTS NEED AN ADULT ONLY POOL AREA:)

CARNIVAL... ARE YOU LISTENING?????? PRETTY PLEASE????:p

Edited by cruzn buckeye

The only way Carnival will listen is if you take your dollars elsewhere. Try Princess. They have the very nice Aft pool area, which is Adult Only, AND is enforced. Urban Myth: Princess is more expensive than Carnival. Must be a Buckeye morning.

Edited by golfb4cruzing

The only way Carnival will listen is if you take your dollars elsewhere. Try Princess. They have the very nice Aft pool area, which is Adult Only, AND is enforced. Urban Myth: Princess is more expensive than Carnival. Must be a Buckeye morning.

Not really, we were on the Splendor when she first came out and they actually had two employees stationed there every day to make sure that the adult pool stayed adult, it was wonderful. Not a Buckeye thing at all. With you 100%

North Carolina Nana of 8

Edited by dbrucern

I think that Carnival Corporation has made it pretty clear through their advertisements and their on ship amenities and activities that they have divided their "fleet" of companies into certain demographics.

Just take a look at the carnival corporation web site and they list all of their cruise companies and the demographics they are targeting.

Carnival Cruise Line is the "family" friendly cruise line. It's passengers, for a good 5 months of the year are primarily families with the larger ships carrying as many as 1/4th or more of their passenger load under the age of 18.

I am sure they have thought long and hard about limiting areas to adults only....especially precious pool and deck space.

Want adult only then try Holland America (the oldest demographic afloat) Cunard, Seabourne or even Princess. Leave Carnival for families.

I think that Carnival Corporation has made it pretty clear through their advertisements and their on ship amenities and activities that they have divided their "fleet" of companies into certain demographics.

Just take a look at the carnival corporation web site and they list all of their cruise companies and the demographics they are targeting.

Carnival Cruise Line is the "family" friendly cruise line. It's passengers, for a good 5 months of the year are primarily families with the larger ships carrying as many as 1/4th or more of their passenger load under the age of 18.

I am sure they have thought long and hard about limiting areas to adults only....especially precious pool and deck space.

Want adult only then try Holland America (the oldest demographic afloat) Cunard, Seabourne or even Princess. Leave Carnival for families.

Thanks for the advice... but... that's alright... I have been cruising with Carnival since 1991... Not interested in the cruiselines you mention. I will be on my 28 cruise in April... guess what... all Carnival.

There is more than enough "space" for the kiddos... we adults would like some pool time withOUT kids... 5 months of the year might be primarily families... which makes 7 months NOT. Asking for a space with a pool to cool off without kids is not too much to ask, when there are several other places the kids can enjoy cooling off including the MAIN midship pool

Edited by cruzn buckeye

Thanks for the advice... but... that's alright... I have been cruising with Carnival since 1991... Not interested in the cruiselines you mention. I will be on my 28 cruise in April... guess what... all Carnival.

There is more than enough "space" for the kiddos... we adults would like some pool time withOUT kids... 5 months of the year might be primarily families... which makes 7 months NOT. Asking for a space with a pool to cool off without kids is not too much to ask, when there are several other places the kids can enjoy cooling off including the MAIN midship pool

I don't know if you're being serious or just venting. If you're serious, read Sweet Dutch Girls first sentence again. Then stop, you don't read anything else in this thread.

If you're just venting, vent away:D

Edited by fuddrules

I completely agree. My two favorite ships are Pride and Miracle where the aft pool is adult only/serenity deck.

The thing that shocks me the most is that I've been on the Breeze and Dream. Given that the pride is virtually half the size of these larger ships you would not expect the Pride and Miracle to have adult only pools but not only that, three pools compared to the two on the Dream class ships.

I hope that some trend starts where instead of building ships that hold 6000 guests, they go back to the ships that hold 2000. I get the financials, I'm not stupid, but I'm at a point where I may have outgrown carnival. This sucks, I just turned diamond. But if they keep changing things to pack more and more like they did with the Sunshine, then I'm at a loss and will have no choice but to look into other cruise lines that have smaller ships and cater more to couples than families.

That said, there's an alternative that we all have not explored well enough. Get an extended aft cabin and bring a kiddy pool and fill it up on your balcony. Then you have an adult only pool and if you setup the table just right, a swim up bar as well. :D

Some parents don't want their kids at the main pool. I heard lots of people complaining on our last cruise on the breeze because young girls in thongs were "twerking" by the pool. Our hairy chest contest got raunchy too.

My kids never really go in the pool so it doesn't affect me. But the main pool is not always kid friendly.

Edited by brookeq

We aren't sun worshippers, prefer shade. Music and activities at the main pool were too loud. Only available seating in a shaded area was near smoking section.

we liked the aft pool out of the elements and with access to pizza pirate right there. Just a more subdued and relaxing setting.

The adults only area is Serenity. Seems like it would get you more traction to ask for a pool there for adults only. But don't take space dedicated to all and say it should be adults only.

I have no problem with the aft whirlpools themselves being adult only, but not the entire area.

I agree with those that suggest Princess for a more adult experience with less kids. Their big ships offer MULTIPLE areas that really are conducive to subdued adult relaxing. Aft pool, Retreat area, Sanctuary, etc. It's not hard to find deals on Princess that meet or surpass Carnival in terms of value, just have to look. They are a great line and under the same corporate parentage so if you own stock you will get your shareholder benefit. Carnival is the family friendly / entry to cruising line. Everyone is basically treated the same with access to the same venues, same events, same dining, same entertainment. If you want exclusivity and higher end treatment you have to try some of the lines that offer that. Princess is a GREAT step up from Carnival for adults, not so much for kids. Not sure why people are resistant to giving it a shot. I feel it would meet some people's need a lot better. Boarding Royal Princess this Monday for the second time. :)

Disney Cruise Line, which I'm sure no one would disagree, is very family oriented, has adult only pools on all of their ships. And they actively enforce this. I'm with everyone else on this thread. It would be nice to have an adult only pool to relax in.

Princess is a GREAT step up from Carnival for adults, not so much for kids. Not sure why people are resistant to giving it a shot. :)

I agree with this, a step up for adults but not for kids.

Probably cost is why they are resistant.

Princess has always been more costly when we have looked to book.

Maybe if we were more flexible in dates, but most families aren't.

Everyones situation is different. Brother just went on Regal. $449 per person for a midship balcony 7 day with $100 OBC. Not bad for a new ship. I didn't get quite as good a deal on Royal Princess, but it's comparable to Carnival or any other line for pricing for a 7 day. Under $700 per person with all taxes and fees for a 7 day in a balcony. I used to think Carnival was the cheapest and it just doesn't hold true anymore.

If you don't want to travel with kids and families don't book Carnival...that's the bottom line. Just because someone wants a cruiseline to cater to their expectations doesn't mean it is going to happen.

I love traveling with my extended family...and when we do the kids always beg for Carnival. They LOVE the camp, the slides, the rope course, the scavenger hunts, the "kids" only night time activities. When we travel as adults only we choose other lines that offer and are known for more "adult" activities.

No cruise line can be all things to all people. There are give and takes dependent on who the cruise line feels is their demographic. I would never travel Disney as I don't care for silly animated characters walking around a ship, etc. What they "offer" doesn't appeal to me or my family. I also don't cruise to Hawaii because I don't find a gazillion scooters appealing, or the interaction with "old" people who actually act old. So I choose other destination cruises or fly to Hawaii if I want to go there.

I really don't understand the meme that is prevalent in the cruising community that things need to be adjusted because peeps want things to be their way. There are so many choices available...Choose the one that best meets your needs.

I also don't understand why people who choose to travel on a budget feel that they need to get 5 star treatments when they aren't paying for them. I'd like to travel at the "coach" rate on an airline and get first class service but I know that isn't possible, I'd like to stay at a cheap Motel 6 and be treated like I'm staying at a 5 star hotel, but that isn't going to happen.

And, if you travel with your family why is it important to have an "adult" only place to get away from them? Leave the kids at home if you don't want them around or don't want them bothering you. That is something I have never understood.

Edited by Sweet Dutch Girl

I agree with those that suggest Princess for a more adult experience with less kids. Their big ships offer MULTIPLE areas that really are conducive to subdued adult relaxing. Aft pool, Retreat area, Sanctuary, etc. It's not hard to find deals on Princess that meet or surpass Carnival in terms of value, just have to look. They are a great line and under the same corporate parentage so if you own stock you will get your shareholder benefit. Carnival is the family friendly / entry to cruising line. Everyone is basically treated the same with access to the same venues, same events, same dining, same entertainment. If you want exclusivity and higher end treatment you have to try some of the lines that offer that. Princess is a GREAT step up from Carnival for adults, not so much for kids. Not sure why people are resistant to giving it a shot. I feel it would meet some people's need a lot better. Boarding Royal Princess this Monday for the second time. :)

Also for the Vets out there, Princess gives $100 OBC for DD214 proof. Great way to start a vacation.

If you don't want to travel with kids and families don't book Carnival...that's the bottom line. Just because someone wants a cruiseline to cater to their expectations doesn't mean it is going to happen.

I love traveling with my extended family...and when we do the kids always beg for Carnival. They LOVE the camp, the slides, the rope course, the scavenger hunts, the "kids" only night time activities. When we travel as adults only we choose other lines that offer and are known for more "adult" activities.

No cruise line can be all things to all people. There are give and takes dependent on who the cruise line feels is their demographic. I would never travel Disney as I don't care for silly animated characters walking around a ship, etc. What they "offer" doesn't appeal to me or my family. I also don't cruise to Hawaii because I don't find a gazillion scooters appealing, or the interaction with "old" people who actually act old. So I choose other destination cruises or fly to Hawaii if I want to go there.

I really don't understand the meme that is prevalent in the cruising community that things need to be adjusted because peeps want things to be their way. There are so many choices available...Choose the one that best meets your needs.

I also don't understand why people who choose to travel on a budget feel that they need to get 5 star treatments when they aren't paying for them. I'd like to travel at the "coach" rate on an airline and get first class service but I know that isn't possible, I'd like to stay at a cheap Motel 6 and be treated like I'm staying at a 5 star hotel, but that isn't going to happen.

And, if you travel with your family why is it important to have an "adult" only place to get away from them? Leave the kids at home if you don't want them around or don't want them bothering you. That is something I have never understood.

I agree all the way to the last paragraph. It's not my kids, I'm looking to escape from. We do leave them home cause they are both now in their 30s. It's the entitled unattended cherubs that are let loose on a ship and Carnival does nothing to refrain. I liken it to a 24/7 Chuckie Cheese. Maybe adults like everything about Carnival except the relentless decibels of uncontrolled kids.

Maybe adults like everything about Carnival except the relentless decibels of uncontrolled kids.

Serenity

And Carnival is not going to place an adult only pool on a majority of their ships. It won't happen. It's a budget family cruise line. It's a budget family cruise line. It's a budget family cruise line.

I've said it before, Carnival Corp has other cruise lines to graduate up or over. If it's your time to graduate, it's OK to do so. Graduating outside the Carnival family is OK too. But Carnival is a budget family cruise line. That's their business model and they are crystal clear about it.

Edited by fuddrules

I agree all the way to the last paragraph. It's not my kids, I'm looking to escape from. We do leave them home cause they are both now in their 30s. It's the entitled unattended cherubs that are let loose on a ship and Carnival does nothing to refrain. I liken it to a 24/7 Chuckie Cheese. Maybe adults like everything about Carnival except the relentless decibels of uncontrolled kids.

But you are choosing to sail a line that advertises itself as "kid" friendly. If you like Carnival you need to accept it the way it is...and that means tons of kids during the summer and holiday weeks. The concept is not hard to grasp.

Kids are kids (don't you remember being a kid?). They aren't little mannequins or robots. They make noise, they like to run, they can't sit still for long periods of time, they like to splash in a pool, they are doing all the things natural to kids. Again, if you don't "like them" choose a different vacation. Geesh, its liking going to an amusement park and then complaining the whole time that things are too frenetic, or loud, or boisterous.

I don't go on a "family" friendly cruiseline to get away from kids...that is absurd. I can give you lots of vacation alternatives where kids aren't welcome.

My "bottom line" is i choose to cruise Carnival because I like their ships, the crew, and the party. Its just more fun. Having one area adults only is not too much to ask. Period. Kids are not the only ones on the cruise... as far as choosing other lines... I have spent years on Carnival. The fact is, there are some of their ships, including the Liberty, Pride, Spirit, and possible Valor? that do have adult pools on the aft. Why is it that the kiddos can splash around in every pool, taking away from adults enjoying the area also? They have plenty of space. So, that being said, my point is made. We adults would like an area where we can cool off in the pool... On Carnival... thank you:)

Disney Cruise Line, which I'm sure no one would disagree, is very family oriented, has adult only pools on all of their ships. And they actively enforce this. I'm with everyone else on this thread. It would be nice to have an adult only pool to relax in.

Great point.. and exactly what i am saying. And asking Carnival for... thank you for this great input.

Great point.. and exactly what i am saying. And asking Carnival for... thank you for this great input.

Then go on Disney if they "have" what you want. If Carnival's business model isn't what you want then look elsewhere.

We don't choose Holland America when we travel with kids...that would be untold "torture" for them. We don't take kids to a 4 hour opera when we know they can't sit still for that long. We don't take the under teen set to 5 star restaurants, the food would be wasted on them. And, as adults only, we don't eat dinner at Chukee Cheese...what would be the point?

Just because you may love Carnival doesn't mean it has to cater to you, specifically, even though you are a loyal customer. The cruises you take every year are a drop in the bucket to the big picture that Carnival is looking at.

My "bottom line" is i choose to cruise Carnival because I like their ships, the crew, and the party. Its just more fun. Having one area adults only is not too much to ask. Period. Kids are not the only ones on the cruise... as far as choosing other lines... I have spent years on Carnival. The fact is, there are some of their ships, including the Liberty, Pride, Spirit, and possible Valor? that do have adult pools on the aft. Why is it that the kiddos can splash around in every pool, taking away from adults enjoying the area also? They have plenty of space. So, that being said, my point is made. We adults would like an area where we can cool off in the pool... On Carnival... thank you:)

Add the Sunshine and I believe switch the Valor with the Miracle. They have Serenity area pools.

If you don't sail on one of those ships, you have a real quandary.

Edit: BTW, new Carnival Vista - Havana Area is what you're looking for as it's 12 years old and up until 5 pm. Add that ship too.

Edited by fuddrules