Waiting to board Anthem

ESN

That was so incredibly cool watching Anthem leave. May you all have so much fun and a very unventful in a bad way cruise. Please thank the staff, and make some awesome memories, and yes you will be unbelievable cold outside for the next 24 hours so no bitching on that front. [emoji13] !

Safe travels Anthem! Thanks to the ship and crew for getting eveyone home safe and may this trip be really calm and easy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I saw one guy on FB who was upset RCI wouldn't give him a refund for today's sailing. He decided to skip the cruise, and spent part of his afternoon taking/posting a selfie with the ship in the background and a crudely painted protest sign in his hands. He looked cold!:rolleyes:

I would have sailed the Athem today if I had purcased a ticket. But, I wonder why Royal did not refund him... just peanuts in the grand picture of what this has cost the company. I am a Royal Fan (not a cheerleader) but love the product. With that said, I am not sure

Royal handled the media well. 50% off the next cruise also seemed a little unblalnced espically after the apology. Umm.. I bet there is or will be thread on that topic.

So very Happy for everyone that the Anthem sailed on today!

I wrote a brief email Thursday to support Captain Claus. Below is the response I got. Not sure if he will be on this sailing or not. In any case, I wish you all a great cruise.

Thank you for contacting the Executive Office of Royal Caribbean International. It is my pleasure to respond on behalf of Mr. Bayley.

Mr. Bayley cannot thank you enough for sharing your kind words regarding Captain Claus. He has the utmost respect for the Captain and his decades of experience serving our brand. Captain Claus is currently assisting us in Miami with our investigation and will be returning to the Anthem of the Seas shortly.

Thanks for this quote....I am only this far...I so understand the horror of misunderstandings, mistakes, excellent jobs, doing heroic acts, or falling short and everyone's ride on all sides of this and forgiveness, whether needed or not. Not making any judgement. Just my opinion he did a great job in the storm and that must have been HE "you know what". I am also glad you wrote a support note. I am inclined to think it was not his fault and just not being able to predict that it would get that bad right on course...just so glad somebody wrote something good to support him....from here.

Bon voyage all.

Edited by sjn911

I would have sailed the Athem today if I had purcased a ticket. But, I wonder why Royal did not refund him... just peanuts in the grand picture of what this has cost the company. I am a Royal Fan (not a cheerleader) but love the product. With that said, I am not sure

Royal handled the media well. 50% off the next cruise also seemed a little unblalnced espically after the apology. Umm.. I bet there is or will be thread on that topic.

So very Happy for everyone that the Anthem sailed on today!

Wouldn't that fall under a "cancel for any reason" insurance?

I just got home. My car said it was 5 degrees. There is a major wind blowing and they say the windchill tonight will be about -20 to -30 F.:(:(:(:(:mad:

Horrible!! It's 9 here. We've had basically no winter, but this is still rough! Hope you stay safe and warm. Think of those warm Caribbean breezes you left not too long ago....

Has anyone heard if the Puzzle Room, Northstar and Ifly will be open at all on this cruise? Or is it just closed temporarily. I can't remember where I read it.

It is too bad that the 2 of the 3 main things that differentiate the Quantum class from any other ship class (SeaPlex being the other) are unavailable. Hopefully they will be repaired while at sea and if not maybe some OBC as a goodwill gesture to the passengers (even though they don't have to). RCI can currently use a PR win...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horrible!! It's 9 here. We've had basically no winter, but this is still rough! Hope you stay safe and warm. Think of those warm Caribbean breezes you left not too long ago....

I am thinking about heading back out on Navigator in May. I need something to look forward to. I like those 8 nighters.

I am happy the cruise is off and running and hope all goes well! Many different opinions on here about what happened last week. I hope everything is fixed and back to normal before our upcoming sailing as we have been looking forward to it for a very long time. My hope is for good weather, lots of sun and that RCCL has learned their lesson and if there is warning of a storm they make better judgement in the future. They skated out of what could have been a much worse outcome. Yikes!

Hope everyone onboard has a great cruise! We were on the New Years cruise and really enjoyed this wonderful ship. Get to the 270 Theater as often as possible, it's a great place to relax in between the shows. Johanna at the bar is the best. I am sure they will have I-fly and Northstar up before long. They were likely focused on getting everything else tidied up first. I don't recall them up and running on the first night on our cruise either. We are comforted by how well Anthem handled the storm and look forward to boarding again for Bermuda in August.