Restaurant bookings

Wol

I have been looking at our future booked cruises: the first one in Marina, 30-odd nights in Concierge level. I am surprised to see that only one speciality booking is allowed; I don't remember this being the case on Marina or Riviera before.

Number of Reservations, Marina and Riviera:

Owner's Suites, Vista Suites, Oceania Suites

0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservation at each restaurant

8-17 Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 3 reservations at each restaurant

Penthouse Suites

0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservation at each restaurant

8-17 Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

Concierge Level Veranda, Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom

0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

I just checked one of my bookings and it says on sailings of 18 days or more there are three reservations per restaurant for concierge level and above.

Mura

The R ships get more per cabin

WOL

You probably can get more once onboard usually you can only book 1 per restaurant online then get other reservations at the Dinner reservation desk on deck 5

WOL

You probably can get more once onboard usually you can only book 1 per restaurant online then get other reservations at the Dinner reservation desk on deck 5

Yes, Concierge is lumped in with the Big Suites on the R ships:

Number of Reservations, Regatta, Insignia, Nautica, Sirena:

Owner's Suite, Vista Suite, Penthouse Suite and Concierge Level Veranda

8-17 Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 3 reservations at each restaurant

Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom

18+ Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

WOL

That explains the difference between what I wrote and the real rule: the reservation I checked is on Sirena next October.

If one is on a btb, then one can book the number of allowed specialty reservations, for each cruise, on the allowed date for that cruise. However, if Oceania has predeemed a certain btb cruise as being a "grand cruise" then it only counts as one cruise and one is only allowed to book the number of reservations allowed under a single cruise category. It is almost always a better deal, imo, to have your cruise(s) booked as btb, in lieu of a grand cruise.

If one is on a btb, then one can book the number of allowed specialty reservations, for each cruise, on the allowed date for that cruise. However, if Oceania has predeemed a certain btb cruise as being a "grand cruise" then it only counts as one cruise and one is only allowed to book the number of reservations allowed under a single cruise category. It is almost always a better deal, imo, to have your cruise(s) booked as btb, in lieu of a grand cruise.

I thought so too, until we went on a Grand Voyage to the Caribbean in Dec on the Riviera in a concierge class cabin. Dec 2-22, 2015. Imagine our surprise when I went to view my restaurant bookings, and we were allowed 2 per specialty, AND...I could book them all at the same time! Not sure if that practice stopped in 2015, but it sure was a pleasant surprise as we were under the impression we would only be allowed 1 per specialty.

Edited by Cruseforme

I thought so too, until we went on a Grand Voyage to the Caribbean in Dec on the Riviera in a concierge class cabin. Dec 2-22, 2015. Imagine our surprise when I went to view my restaurant bookings, and we were allowed 2 per specialty, AND...I could book them all at the same time! Not sure if that practice stopped in 2015, but it sure was a pleasant surprise as we were under the impression we would only be allowed 1 per specialty.

Maybe PINOT is confusing the cruise credit with restaurant res

Your cruise could be 2 segments or the GV

Thanks for the replies!

After I had posted I looked at our other bookings, and as several said, it depends whether you are on the big or small ships. I have to confess that I don't remember in the past there was a difference or whether it's a new "feature" (A la Windows :rolleyes: )

My experience says differently.

Yes, this is what I found also. If your GV is over a certain amount of days, I think 24, you get 2 credits.

Thanks for the replies!

After I had posted I looked at our other bookings, and as several said, it depends whether you are on the big or small ships. I have to confess that I don't remember in the past there was a difference or whether it's a new "feature" (A la Windows :rolleyes: )

I don't think it's a new feature. When Marina first rolled out we all noticed the difference and commented on it. PH occupants were used to being considered to be in suites, and suddenly they weren't ... well, just not as lofty. A PH is still a suite. But it doesn't get the same advantages on Marina and Riviera as the top three levels.

Likewise, the in-suite liquor set-up is for OS, VS and OC in the big ships and OS and VS in the smaller ships. No PH benefit here either.

Mura