Coral Princess 10-Day Panama Canal Partial Transit. D631 - Fiji Suite

Eagle_and_hawk

We are glad to hear it's help future travelers on the Coral and looking forward to our next trip on her.

I finally got the Reflections DVD's converted and uploaded. These are in our own private channel and only way to get to them is thru these links.

For those who don't know what they are, it's a collection of videos they take during the cruise and put together in a couple of DVD's to sell. They have a certain amount of stock footage, and then insert video's of the actual cruise to make it interesting. One thing they include is the destination segments, which are helpful in planning excursions if you have not been there. There are two different videos, just in case anyone is interested:

The drydock video I posted way back at the start of the thread is at the end of one of these two.

Thank you so much for the review, very impressive were the pictures and we appreciate all the patters and menu scanning that you did.. Helped us a lot since we board the Coral tomorrow!

We hope you two have a great time as we did. :)

Let's us know how you enjoyed it when you return.

David thank you so much for this great review. We are on the same cruise in April and is our first Princess cruise and the information you gave has really made me more excited. Only thing, I have gained 10lbs just by looking at the amazing food. Allison and Ian:D:D

I am glad you are enjoying it. I am a little concerned it's too picture intensive, although I am trying to at least describe each picture a little to help those who have not sailed on the Coral before.

I am sure you will have a great trip in October as we are already thinking about our trip back to Alaska next year.:)

Outstanding review. This is a new ship for us and a bucket list item. The menus are great and I miss the IC at home here. I'm trying to stay focused on our April trip but this keeps calling me back. No such thing as too many pics. (even if it's escargot)

David thank you so much for this great review. We are on the same cruise in April and is our first Princess cruise and the information you gave has really made me more excited. Only thing, I have gained 10lbs just by looking at the amazing food. Allison and Ian:D:D

I believe you two will have an outstanding cruise. In regards to food, there were very few things during the entire trip that we did not enjoy. My food likings are simple, a meat & three, although I told my bride, I would venture out this cruise and try things that were unique. I was not disappointed in what we picked in the MDR and to add some variety, we both tasted all the dishes we ordered.

It really did live up to our expecations of our previous cruise an no regrets.

I have to admit, I am glad I had my pants with the elastic wasteband, to add a skosh more room as the cruise went on. :)

We are on the Coral now and wanted to thank you again for sharing this information. We are loving our suite on Caribe deck and for some reason our balcony table has three chairs in addition to the two loungers. Odd number but better than 2! Food is great, only odd things wrong like the remote control doesn't always work and we've gotten multiple ones so far. Other than that having a wonderful time on the Coral - lovely "little" ship!

Thank you so much for all the info and pictures of your cruise. Can't wait to board her in 40 some days.

One more question .... Was the coffee in Sabatini's brewed or syrup based ?

It was brewed. I also finished my meal with a double shot of espresso and my sweetie would sometimes have a latte.

Enjoy your trip as wish we were going back in 40 days.......

Thanks again for the review!

Did you ever visit the Sanctuary? Any pictures?

We used the sanctuary on the Regal when we were in Europe last year and enjoyed it so much. Wondering if the Sanctuary is worth it on the Coral.

Where the pool decks crowded on sea days?:)

Thanks again for the review!

We used the sanctuary on the Regal when we were in Europe last year and enjoyed it so much. Wondering if the Sanctuary is worth it on the Coral.

Where the pool decks crowded on sea days?:)

We never went to the Sanctuary. We thought about booking it for the week until we moved into the suite with a fully covered balcony and that was good enough for us if we wanted to be away from the pool area. We of course did not get the service as you would in the Sanctuary or bigger loungers.

The pool decks still had open chairs out in the sun on sea days, and still a few under the shaded areas. We did not see as many actually in the pools as on a Caribbean cruise. The lotus pool area had a few loungers open all the times we walked through there.

Compared to the bigger ships, the Coral never seems that crowded except around the shows in the evenings.

Here are a few photos of the Sanctuary on the Coral. It is all the way aft and is on 2 levels. We didn't use it:

(I hope the OP doesn't mind me adding these.)

7390913670_958bb3fb4d_z.jpg

7190018215_99c30ae0f1_z.jpg

7375265234_ef6059d16b_z.jpg

7375240718_f66d6da403_z.jpg

7190023217_9c62bd95e9_z.jpg

Here are a few photos of the Sanctuary on the Coral. It is all the way aft and is on 2 levels. We didn't use it:

(I hope the OP doesn't mind me adding these.)

No, I don't mind you adding them as just more details about the ship. As you can tell, I like pictures :)

One day, we will probably go there for at least 1/2 day, just to see what it is like. Always heard good things about it and service was good.