Sky, Majesty or Enchantment?

Chrisey

Hello!

We are typical Disney cruisers but my husband and I are planning on doing a 3 day just the two of us.

Our 3 choices are:

1)RCL Enchantment (Orlando, Nassau, Cococay)

2) RCL Majesty (Miami, Nassau, Cococay)

3) NCL Sky (Miami, Nassau, Great Stirrup)

All are similar prices.

Which would you recommend and why?

• 2 weeks later...
Hello!

We are typical Disney cruisers but my husband and I are planning on doing a 3 day just the two of us.

Our 3 choices are:

All are similar prices.

We are looking at the EXACT SAME options today, only for the 4 day,and we chose the Sky. The reasoning is the following:

We really wanted to go in April rather than May.

We want to go out of Miami rather than Port Canaveral.

The Enchantment looks a lot nicer, but it runs out of Port Canaveral and the transfer from Orlando to Port Canaveral can be a bit costly.

The Majesty is not a option for us, just too old, small and basic.

We decided on the Sky, even though the ship looks more basic, we have 3 port days, and do not need all the activities that RCCL offers.

We also like the idea of going to Grand Bahamas (Freeport).

If we were willing to go in May, we probably would have chosen the Enchantment. But we are excited now about the Sky!!!

I sailed on the Majesty--she is small, but so nice for those quick 3 or 4 night cruises...I love that ship because it is smaller...I am a pool person and I just love sitting out there without the huge crowds...If you are sailing and hoping for new and 'extras' onboard, this will be limited since the Majesty doesn't have that much froo-froo stuff.

I sailed Enchantment---she is a lil' bit bigger than Majesty and quite nice. You are looking at a Port Canaveral departure for that one.

Sky--I have not sailed her yet, but on the boards here, it seems she compares to the size of the smaller Majesty...but aren't drinks included on that one? That would be a deal breaker...hee hee

have fun...i love your itineraries...

We just booked Royal Carib Empress June 2 --- the sister ship to Majesty...she sails to Key West and stops there 8a-8p...really looking forward to that one :)

Edited by MICHLEV1974

I will be sailing for the fourth time (in August) on the Sky! She's a great little ship...adequate pool and not a lot of bells and whistles. Her crew is outstanding, which makes a cruise much more enjoyable. I've not sailed her though since the "all-inclusive" but I've been hearing positive feedback (no problems with too much alcohol consumption). I like the smaller ships....more personalized service.

I agree though that sailing out of Miami is better than Port Canaveral.

Have a great cruise!

I have taken a Bahama run on NCCL, Carnival RCCL. To me, Carnival and RCCL seemed to have a vibe of "Short cruise, little customer spend, just move 'em in and out".

The Sky, probably because of the UBP and SDP felt like a longer, more luxury type cruise.

While I would prefer to sail out of Port Canaveral, the Sky for me was worth the extra drive time.

Have fun whichever one you choose!

Hello!

Our 3 choices are:

All are similar prices.

I've been on all 3 more than once.

Majesty is nice but she's old and the staterooms are tiny. She really has nothing special about her.

Sky...I just don't like her. Everything feels and looks cheap and chintzy to me.

By far, I think the best option of the 3 is Enchantment. The ship is beautiful inside and out, and has an adults only glass covered Solarium pool. Also, I think the main pool deck is much better laid out and much more roomy than the others...especially Sky.

I haven't been on any of them yet, but my husband and I just booked Enchantment for June for our 10-year anniv. No kids. We debated between the 3 also but almost immediately eliminated the sky since it was over $500 more. I know the sky includes drinks but we would never drink $500 worth in 3 days. Enchantment was a great price and we figured since it was bigger than Majesty and had a few more upgrades we'd go for it.

I thought GSC was nicer than CocoCay. If pricing is similar I'd take the Sky just because the drinks are included. Sky has more food options than Majesty; and more late night options than either Royal Caribbean ship. Maybe the Royal ships are a little bit "nicer" but not significantly so. I have no problem recommending the Sky for a quick getaway

I think the OP already booked, but I'll throw this out there - if you're driving, parking is cheaper in Canaveral. We drive from Atlanta, and stay at the Resort at the Port in Canaveral - they have a park and stay deal. In Miami, we have to pay for both a hotel and parking (which is $5 a night more than Canaveral if you park at the port).

I haven't sailed the Majesty, but I have sailed the Sky and Enchantment - I'd take the Enchantment over the Sky, even though I generally prefer NCL. I loved the Solarium and regular pool deck on the Enchantment. Food in the Sky buffet was better that EOS, but the dining room food was a lot better on the Enchantment. Entertainment was about equal.

The Sky's ship director, Tyler "Crusing with that guy" is amazing.

The entire staff is friendly and nice, and it's a fun ship and now included UBP at no extra cost.

And it's usually one of the cheapest sailing avail.