Oasis balcony

I agree with ocean view as well but to the question of Central Park or Boardwalk the differences are Central Park would be generally quieter and Boardwalk would generally be noisier into the evening with the activities going on. Depending on location you will also have a limited to good view of the Aqua Park from the Boardwalk.

If it were me it would only be ocean view, but given the choice of the other two it would be Central Park.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Were going on Oasis for the for the first time , whats the better option boardwalk balcony or central park ?

Thanks for the help !

If you cannot swing an oceanview, then consider the differences. Central Park is usually quieter, but hotter and no outside view. Boardwalk is noiser, but is more likely to have a breeze and you get a view (small) of the sea and aquatheater.

If you cannot swing an oceanview, then consider the differences. Central Park is usually quieter, but hotter and no outside view. Boardwalk is noiser, but is more likely to have a breeze and you get a view (small) of the sea and aquatheater.

^^ This. :)

No one has mentioned the canned bird sounds in Central Park. We've not yet been on Oasis, but on our Allure TA the volume was deafening at times. I'm all for rain forest/bird chirping etc. but it was noisy and if I had a CP balcony when it was going full blast, it would have driven me inside. Luckily it wasn't on 24/7 but when it was...!!!

We loved our boardwalk balcony (12729). The noise at night was gone around 11 pm, and we loved being able to see the shows and the ocean. If a CP balcony gets as hot during the day as CP itself, it would not be for me... We spent very little time on CP during the day - it got very humid.

We've done two cruises on the Allure in the boardwalk balcony cabins. The noise was never an issue except for 1 night on one of the cruises in which the ship decided to play a recorded Rod Stewart concert on the Aquatheater screens with the volume blasting till 2am. Even then, it wasn't that bad. Those doors manage to seal off the noise pretty well. One of the cruises, we were three cabins away from the back and another we were two cabins away. You actually can see quite a bit of the ocean from the back of the ship and it was great. Avoid deck 14 because your view to the ocean will be blocked by the flowrider crossover deck but choose a B1 as close to the very back as possible.

By the way, my profile pic is of myself and my wife from deck 12 of our boardwalk balcony on the Allure.

Edited by beigedog

I did two Caribbean cruises on the Oasis with Ocean View balconies, where we had two connecting cabins. My older daughter and son-in-law were in an accessible cabin, and he loved being able to get out on the balcony in his power wheelchair. I joined them on their balcony a few times for afternoon snacks, but I almost never sat on the balcony of the room I shared with my grandson. I may be weird, but I honestly get bored after about 15 minutes of looking at the ocean, and the afternoons when we were headed back north were very sunny and hot.

Two weeks ago I cruised with my younger daughter in a Central Park balcony cabin, and we loved it. We were on Deck 10, the lowest deck with balcony cabins above Central Park. (CP is on Deck 8, and there are cabins with a window but no balcony on Deck 9.) We sometimes heard noise from the pool zone 3 decks above. (There is no Deck 13.) The only time it was disturbing was when they had a very loud Calypso band one day for a couple hours. That day we shut the balcony door, which cut the music to a tolerable level.

We played Scrabble and cards on our balcony, except for one day when it was too windy. The balcony was sunny for a fairly short period of time each day. Any time of day, we loved just looking out and seeing all the greenery below. We never had any issues of seeing undressed people in the cabins across the way, or feeling that we were being observed. It's a very simple matter to close the drapes while getting dressed.

We enjoyed sitting on our balcony in the evening, watching people stroll through the park. Every night of our cruise, there was a violin & piano duo playing for about an hour in the middle of Central Park. We also enjoyed the recorded bird songs during the day, and crickets in the evening, and we never found them to be overpowering.

We found a number of spots on the ship where we could sit and look at the ocean when we wanted to, but we loved our Central Park balcony so much that we have another one booked on the Harmony next February.

Were going on Oasis for the for the first time , whats the better option boardwalk balcony or central park ?

Thanks for the help !

When will you be sailing Oasis?

We sailed her this past January (22) and had a CP Balc. It was breezy and cool that cruise so it wasn't as hot as it could have been if sailing at other times.

Can other see in? Sure, just be smart about your curtains.

Is it quiet? Yes, just ambient noise as you would normally have on any ship. We were on deck 12, mid ship and could hear the bands/music from the pool deck, 2 decks above, while on our balc, but it wasn't a bother. The seals on the doors are amazing!!! Cuts out almost ALL of the outside noise.

At night you can sit on your balc and listen to the string quartet/duo playing. It's a nice relaxing atmosphere when winding down at the end of the day.

Were sailing Jan 8th 2017 , We booked cabin 12321 BW balcony , it's five cabins from the end. I think we

should be able to see the aqua theater from there and some ocean view's.

Any pictures would be great, also does anyone know what the room layout is ?

bed by closet or by the balcony ?? I've heard arguments both ways, I think I

would rather have more room by the balcony.

Edited by wingman2014

Were sailing Jan 8th 2017 , We booked cabin 12321 BW balcony , it's five cabins from the end. I think we

Any pictures would be great, also does anyone know what the room layout is ?

bed by closet or by the balcony ?? I've heard arguments both ways, I think I

would rathers have more room by the balcony.

The bed is by the balcony.

Any pictures would be great,

I don't have any of your room, but these were taken from 12729:

DSCN9670_zpslhfxqyey.jpeg

DSCN9659_zpsb7ckdt0f.jpeg