Have you ever seen a bar tender in Wake View Bar?

shredie

We are talking about two ships here, Sapphire and Diamond, and the bar on Deck 6, accessible only from Club Fusion on Deck 7. It's down a spiral staircase at the back of Club Fusion, and it's very cozy down there. Quiet and nice for reading. I haven't been on the Diamond yet, but I never once saw a bar tender in the Sapphire bar. Going through some YouTube videos just now, I came across one where it looks as if the bar is open on the Diamond bar. Just wondering if they built the bar part of it just to keep it closed.

We have friends that just got off the Diamond last week, (2/15), that said the bar was still there but not operational.

That's what I'm afraid of. Oh well, nothing prevents me from getting a drink elsewhere and taking it down there.

I was on the Sapphire twice in 2010 (Mex Riviera and Alaska). It was a nice, quiet, out of the way place (but it seems like you had to walk across a dance floor in one of the lounges to get to it), however there was never anyone there, nor were there even any locked up bottles. If you wade through the video in my signature there are some family pics in front of the staircase around the 18 min mark.

I don't think I've ever seen the bar staffed for general public use, but I have attended several private events there with bar service.

The original design had much different window configuration and it would have been much more popular, but the classifiers (ship safety nerds) required design changes late in construction.