Canceling Prior to Final Payment

welshman71

My Wife and I each booked a room on the Vision in October but the couple travelling with us might have to cancel. We booked when the reduced deposit was being offered. Looking at the cruise documentation it says the deposit will be lost if we cancel between July 26th & August 12th. So am I right in my assumption that we can cancel now with no penalty as it doesn't say anything about cancelling prior to July 26th.

How long does it usually take to process a cancellation? Can it be done online or is better to call and cancel?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by welshman71

My Wife and I each booked a room on the Vision in October but the couple travelling with us might have to cancel. We booked when the reduced deposit was being offered. Looking at the cruise documentation it says the deposit will be lost if we cancel between July 26th & August 12th. So am I right in my assumption that we can cancel now with no penalty as it doesn't say anything about cancelling prior to July 26th.

How long does it usually take to process a cancellation? Can it be done online or is better to call and cancel?

Thanks in advance.

You will absolutely get every penny back if you cancel before July 26.

It should be refunded in the form that you paid. I.E., if you put it on your credit card, it will be refunded to your credit card.

I always prefer to call. C&A number is 800-526-9723

You will absolutely get every penny back if you cancel before July 26.

It should be refunded in the form that you paid. I.E., if you put it on your credit card, it will be refunded to your credit card.

I always prefer to call. C&A number is 800-526-9723

Thanks for your quick response :)

A couple who was supposed to travel with us last week broke up the DAY AFTER final pay in November. Like get it together guys...Anyway, as of January, the male half of that couple was still waiting for his refund, sans deposit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Here's a question for Canadians - will the refund be for the same amount or the USD converted back to CDN $? If the latter, the OP might make some money since the exchange rate probably changed in their favor since booking.

It's just like any other US$ refund. So if OP purchased in US$ at a 1.2 exchange rate, and then cancelled at a 1.4 exchange rate, he will make money. Same is true vice versa. However, if the cruise was purchased in Canadian dollars, the same amount will be refunded.

I've found it takes between 5 and 10 business days before I see the credit on our credit card.

Yes that was my experience when I had to cancel once. I think it was refunded right at the 5 day mark. :cool: