Orient Beach Updates?

BethV114

I understand from another thread that Orient Beach was undergoing some major reconstruction due to storm damage. The last photos I saw posted were from September. I am hoping that they have completed the work by now, as we dearly love spending our beach day at Orient Beach and are bringing some first-time cruisers along on this trip who we would love to show a good time, as well.

Has anyone been out to Orient Beach lately? Care to share your thoughts on whether the work was completed? Photos would be lovely, as well!

Thank you!

We were there three weeks ago. Did not see any construction (didn't walk the full length of the beach) and it's my understanding they are done.

It was our first visit and we thought the beach was beautiful. I love the pure sand beach -- no shells or rocks to have to pick your way around when getting into or out of the water.

Lots of people trying to sell us things. We waved them off.

Since it was our first time to St. Maarten, I can't say whether another beach would have been better (or more quiet).

(We were on a tour with Bernards, which gave us 90 minutes at Orient.)

My photos are on another computer. I'll try to remember to post some tonight.

We were there three weeks ago. Did not see any construction (didn't walk the full length of the beach) and it's my understanding they are done.

It was our first visit and we thought the beach was beautiful. I love the pure sand beach -- no shells or rocks to have to pick your way around when getting into or out of the water.

Lots of people trying to sell us things. We waved them off.

Since it was our first time to St. Maarten, I can't say whether another beach would have been better (or more quiet).

(We were on a tour with Bernards, which gave us 90 minutes at Orient.)

My photos are on another computer. I'll try to remember to post some tonight.

Thanks so much for the update. Photos would be greatly appreciated if you can remember to do that! :D

The posted photos do not show the area of the beach where the construction was going on.

The major construction there has completed, and most of the affected beach bars have re-opened, but there are still some hold-outs (for various reasons).

There appear to be some problems with the new construction as to health and kitchen violations to be dealt with by the operators, but most are open with their chair rental and bar operations. Not sure if any kitchen operations are up to full speed yet.

gary

• 1 month later...