Escape - Aqua Racer Slide

acharris1

I read on another site I won't name, lol, that to ride the Aqua Racer slide you have to be at least 100 pounds. Is this true? My daughter is 12, but not 100 pounds. Seems like on the YouTube videos I've watched there's all kinds of kids in line. I understand the premise of having to be 100 pounds for the stand-up slides, but not the Aqua Racer.

They weighed my son. 80lbs. He was turned away.

On the Aqua Racer (large single enclosed blue tube), or on the drop slides (dual blue/green)? My gf's kids were going down the Aqua Racer solo all day, and both weigh less than 80lbs.

I ask because some people confuse the name Aqua Racer as being the fast side-by-side drop slides.

Edited by TheDougOut

On the Aqua Racer (large single enclosed blue tube), or on the drop slides (dual blue/green)? My gf's kids were going down the Aqua Racer solo all day, and both weigh less than 80lbs.

I ask because some people confuse the name Aqua Racer as being the fast side-by-side drop slides.

Thread saving post. Kudos! :)

They weighed my son. 80lbs. He was turned away.

Just off the Escape yesterday . My son was turned away at 97 lbs and he needed to be at least 99. They had a scale on the top.

I think you guys are posting about the free-fall slides (drop slides). The OP's question was about the Aqua Racer. I don't want them getting confused by incorrect answers.

No weight restriction that I encountered. They just give smaller donuts for the kiddies. IMHO I liked the slides netter on BA/GA and Epic....

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

We were on the Escape in February. The Aqua Racer is the slide that uses blow up tubes to sit on and there is no weight requirement. The drop slide (that does not use tubes to sit on) is the slide that requires riders to be 100 pounds.

My kids went on the AR. Both under 100lbs. The only rule that was enforced was absolutely no jewelry of any kind.

They were strict with that rule on the Escape during our November cruise.

No jewelry? Even wedding rings?

Correct. I read a recent post from someone who was turned away because they were unable to remove their wedding ring.

By description the free fall slide can swing you up to 4 Gs acceleration. They're not going take a chance that *anything* gets caught or snagged on the way through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once again, this post is about the Aqua Racer, and people are responding about the free fall slides, so they are answering with completely wrong info.

Yes, you may wear jewelry on the Aqua Racer slide. I wore 2 chunky Pandora bracelets, a necklace, and my wedding ring. There are no rules whatsoever about jewelry on this slide.

Edited by LrgPizza

Once again, this post is about the Aqua Racer, and people are responding about the free fall slides, so they are answering with completely wrong info.

Yes, you may wear jewelry on the Aqua Racer slide. I wore 2 chunky Pandora bracelets, a necklace, and my wedding ring. There are no rules whatsoever about jewelry on this slide.

Which is why in my answer I said on drop slides