Dress Code on Five Night Constellation

crusader

Jacket is now optional. You won't feel out of place by not wearing one.

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater
  • Optional sport coat or blazer

I was wondering with the new dress code are there any men wearing just dress shirts with no jacket.

I believe there is only one dress up night.

Thanks

From Celebrity's website, crusader:

"Any cruise 6-nights or shorter will feature one Evening Chic night. All other nights of the cruise will feature Smart Casual attire. Celebrity Xpedition will continue to feature casual attire for the entire cruise.

Smart Casual attire can be enjoyed every other night of your cruise.

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

• Skirt, pants or jeans with a casual top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• Pants or jeans with a sport shirt that has sleeves"

http://www.celebritycruises.com/frequently-asked-questions#faq478

Enjoy your cruise, crusader!

I'm on the Constellation now. Just finished a 4 night and started a 5 night today. I thought people generally looked nice on chic night - some with and some without jackets. It seems most tried to look at least a little dressier than other nights, but within their comfort zones. Only one chic night - usually first sea day. Enjoy!!

Just went on the Constellation...FLL- KeyWest- Bahamas... There were people dressed in everything and anything. Even though it says no shorts in the dining room there were men in shorts. I saw women in everything from pants and tshirts to dressy dresses

Just went on the Constellation...FLL- KeyWest- Bahamas... There were people dressed in everything and anything. Even though it says no shorts in the dining room there were men in shorts. I saw women in everything from pants and tshirts to dressy dresses

Shorts in the evening, or shorts for lunch? If evening, this really surprises me.

Marie

Will a very nice polo shirt (not a golf type one) and dark pants work for men on "chic" nights? We are going to the Mediteranean soon and are trying not to overpack.

Thanks!

Mary Anne

• 2 weeks later...

I'm the original poster, and just returned home from a wonderful 5-nights on Constellation.

I was concerned about dress on non-chic nights in Luminae. Granted, this was a shorter Caribbean itinerary, but there was everything from nicer casual, to athletic wear (yoga capris and tank tops) and shorts, at dinner time in Luminae.

We loved it. Food was very good, beautiful presentation, and service was exceptional. This was my first experience in a dedicated suite dining room, and Celebrity has set the bar high.

Shorts in the evening, or shorts for lunch? If evening, this really surprises me.

Marie

I was wearing sorta longish Bermuda shorts, and was asked to go change on the Constellation last May. It was a Mediterranean cruise, maybe its less casual on those? I've never worn shorts to dinner, nor have I seen anyone else wearing them.

DH loves the new dress code...not that he minds suit and tie but in the caribbean, he is always too warm. So he wore a Tommy Bahama type shirt and I wore sundresses, long and short on most evenings, even Chic night... never felt underdressed.