How long to disembark Equinox and get to Fll

reaperman

We've never sail in or out of Port Everglades or on Celebrity. The Equinox is arriving back on Friday, Apr 15th and I was wondering if its possible to make a 11:15 am flight. I can save $100/pp on airfare if its possible to make this flight. I realize the airport is close but there is customs and TSA to factor in. Thanks.

We've never sail in or out of Port Everglades or on Celebrity. The Equinox is arriving back on Friday, Apr 15th and I was wondering if its possible to make a 11:15 am flight. I can save $100/pp on airfare if its possible to make this flight. I realize the airport is close but there is customs and TSA to factor in. Thanks.

We are on that same cruise. It can vary but don't think you will have any problem making an 11:15 flight out of FLL. We disembarked once and were at the airport by 8:15. Just be sure to sign up at the front desk for walk off if you are concerned. If it were Miami, I would say nothing before noon but FLL is not that far from Port Everglades. I wouldn't purposely book anything before 11:00 but anything afterwards, you should be ok barring anything catastrophic happening to the docking or during the immigration process.

Reaperman,

It is possible under most circumstances to make your chosen flight.

If you have not self disembarked before and do not know everything you must do to facilitate this procedure from your cabin to your flight gate please post and I will go over the tedious rules I have devised.

Reaperman,

It is possible under most circumstances to make your chosen flight.

If you have not self disembarked before and do not know everything you must do to facilitate this procedure from your cabin to your flight gate please post and I will go over the tedious rules I have devised.

Haha, tedious rules. I love it.

Tedious rule #1- Don't put your luggage out the night before disembarkation.

Tedious Rule #2- Read when the self-carry times are in the daily compass

Tedious Rule #3- Get in line and walk off the ship at said times.

I will say that a lot of people do this, so the line gets long quickly. But it moves fast once it starts.

On the flip side - if there is a weather issue, customs people decide to only have one or two agents checking people, or if there is an issue at the airport then you will be cutting it VERY close. We too have made a 9:30 flight and missed an 11:00am one. so you never know. If the alert level rises then both security at the airport and in the terminal get very tight and slow. I also note we do have global Entry so can get in a very short line at the port and have expedited screening at the airport.

We're at the airport about 8 or 815 every time and make our 10:15 flight.

Do the self-disembark. Sign up for it and then when they tell you when and where to go down that morning go down about 45 minutes at least before that.

Put your luggage down to hold your place in line and then go grab something quick for breakfast or just get a bagel or muffin at the airport.

You'll be among the first handful off. Even if you have a LOT of luggage, just do it in tandem. IF the meeting spot is on a different deck as the deck you exit (occasionally it is) then unless you're standing right next to the elevator, don't take it. Take stairs and do it in tandem (leaving one at bottom and going back for other). We've done that with two big cases and golf clubs and three carryons.

Don't pre-arrange a taxi or shuttle. All of that depends on waiting for others to get on and to get their luggage on and off. You're among the first off, so just grab a cab. Just walk left and there you are.

You'll be at the airport in less than 10 minutes after getting in the cab.

Have fun and no worries. We like to get home fast too - once the cruise is over we have no desire to hang in FLL another day. There *can* be delays that are out of anyone's control, but if you're among the first off the ship your chances are still very excellent.

For an 11:15 am flight I don't think you need to be first off the ship. Make sure you have one of the lower numbers and you will be fine. If you walk off the ship by 8:30 you should be at the airport by 9:15. The cab ride is maybe 10 minutes and there will be hundreds of cabs waiting.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I booked the air. I was also thinking we could take advantage of that program (forget what its called) where the cruise line picks up our luggage and takes it to the airport and provides us with our boarding passes. That seems like it would speed the process up somewhat, if needed

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I booked the air. I was also thinking we could take advantage of that program (forget what its called) where the cruise line picks up our luggage and takes it to the airport and provides us with our boarding passes. That seems like it would speed the process up somewhat, if needed

X has a cut off time for flights...if you flight is before a certain set time you can't use the valet program.

Depending on what time you flight is, and if you are pre check for customs and tsa, I would recommend that if you have a lot of luggage, you should just get in the first "regular" group and not do self disembarkation.