Flam no more

BarnhamDave

We are on this trip and specifically booked it because of the itinery.

How did you hear about the change? We have not heard anything although we didnt book with P and O directly.

We booked with P&O direct . Received Email this morning. Cruise personaliser has been updated to reflect this.

Sorry to hear this - they do this a lot with Geiranger - cancel the port at fairly short notice. You wonder how long they have known.

This probably sounds like a ridiculous question to all you seasoned cruisers....but how do I access my cruise personaliser?

P&O website

then Manage Booking (top rightish)

then Cruise Personaliser

We are on this trip and specifically booked it because of the itinery.

How did you hear about the change? We have not heard anything although we didnt book with P and O directly.

Sorry you are not going to Flam. I have never been to Andalsnes but I know there is a railway there - the Rauma railway - so hopefully you will still enjoy :)

Edited by P&O SUE

I had a notification overnight (booked direct with p&o) about the change. I had booked the railway independently (but took out the insurance). Such a shame, on the bright side it's an excuse to book another cruise there in the future :) every cloud!

Sorry you are not going to Flam. I have never been to Andalsnes but I know there is a railway there - the Rauma railway - so hopefully you will still enjoy :)

Yes, I have booked this through the ship and it sounds lovely.

On trip advisor some people say that it is nicer than the Flam train, lovely scenery and well worth doing.

The ship tour does the train one way and a coach trip on the way back stopping at various points including the troll wall.

So all in all, after a small blip, I am still happy.

Hi we are booked on Britannia in July and Flam on our cruise has also been replaced but with Alesund. I have not had any emails, saw it on my cruise personaliser and Called P and O who confirmed the change. Not too worried as we have been to Flam before..But not Alesund Any tips please on excursions and what to do in Alesund please?

[

Yes, I have booked this through the ship and it sounds lovely.

On trip advisor some people say that it is nicer than the Flam train, lovely scenery and well worth doing.

The ship tour does the train one way and a coach trip on the way back stopping at various points including the troll wall.

So all in all, after a small blip, I am still happy.

Great, good attitude to have!

Hi we are booked on Britannia in July and Flam on our cruise has also been replaced but with Alesund. I have not had any emails, saw it on my cruise personaliser and Called P and O who confirmed the change. Not too worried as we have been to Flam before..But not Alesund Any tips please on excursions and what to do in Alesund please?

[

Ooh they seem to be changing a lot in Norway this year! Not been to Alesund either but it looks very pretty with 30's style art deco house. I would be happy to change from Flam to there as we've been to Flam before.

We are travelling on Azura in August and have today received an email to say Flam is off the itinerary to be replaced with Andalsnes . Never been to either have an overnight stay in Andalsanes that will be a change.

What do you experienced Fjord cruisers recommend to do there?

If you are fit it's worth walking to the cafe at the top of the hill in Alesund. We did it and the views over the town and surrounding countryside are spectacular. I think there is a tram service from near the dock for the less mobile. And the town and parks are pleasant just to wander around.

I am booked on the 9/7 sailing and unfortunately booked on the train independently, so far no refund available. Whilst it is not the end of the world I would be interested to know when P&O were made aware of this change as there have been rumours for many weeks. We were not informed by P&O but they confirmed the change today when we phoned them. I also noticed on their website that Flam is still listed on the itinerary for sales purposes. At the moment I feel that P&O have not acted with integrity, maybe I am being cynical and unfair but we appear to be informed only after full payment has been made. Lets hope we all enjoy the cruise anyway.

Very little to do in Adnalses, its a one street town used as a base for trips to Troll Road and Wall and possibly Alesund as its at the far end of the same fjord.

Alesund is a small town, but a place you can spend time. Trips will be probably be similar as those offered from Adnalses.

Sorry previous message should be change to Alesund any tips appreciated. Thanks

Alesund is nice, you dock in town and the walk to the top of the hill with the cafe is lovely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've been to Norway many times and have often missed various ports of call over the years for various reasons. Some replaced others a stop completely missed.

The weather plays a big part; one trip we couldn't go because it was still covered in snow and they hadn't opened up for tourists yet. Another pilot boat drivers strike and weather too rough for tenders.

We missed the Orkney islands last year due to being unable to land by tender. :(

Off to Norway end of May on the Arcadia and touch wood everything okay so far.