BOGO for $1 Question

San10s

Although I recently cruised on the Royal Princess, I never thought to try buying two cans of soda during the BOGO for $1 promotions.

Has anyone tried to do this? :cool:

Thanks!

Lots and lots and lots of people do so, and you can ask for them to not be opened and take them back to your room, etc. No problem.

Can you buy a bottle of wine or champagne for the buy one get 1 for $1 during happy hour?

Perhaps not a "normal" size bottle, but DW often gets the "small" bottles of Korbel Brut that way...gets one delivered open to drink during the happy hour and takes an unopened one back to our cabin. I'm guessing she could get both unopened if she asked.

....that way...gets one delivered open to drink during the happy hour and takes an unopened one back to our cabin. I'm guessing she could get both unopened if she asked.

For beer, yes, I always ask for the bottles (usually 4) not to be opened and brought to our cabin.

And make sure it's actually a BOGO event. I assumed Crooners had it from 3-4 on the Caribbean Princess in November and happily ordered for two (was never given receipts) but part way through the cruise the bartender said no, we don't do those. Oops - read your Patter!

Edited by LoriPhil

Can you buy a bottle of wine or champagne for the buy one get 1 for $1 during happy hour?

It is limited to drinks that are $10 or less ... so no, a bottle of wine cannot be purchased. There is nothing to stop you from buying 2 glasses of wine ... you will get 4....that is almost a bottle (4.5 glasses to a bottle) -- problem is, they will all be poured so won't save well.

For beer, yes, I always ask for the bottles (usually 4) not to be opened and brought to our cabin.

On the Regal first 2 weeks of February, the waiter would open all beer bottles as he said he had to b/4 we left. I guess we were just served by the wrong waiter.

On the Regal first 2 weeks of February, the waiter would open all beer bottles as he said he had to b/4 we left. I guess we were just served by the wrong waiter.

We've had it happen both ways. Sometimes we have been told they all need to be opened and other times we get them not opened. A couple of times we were told that they needed to open two of the four bottles.

Edited by ar1950