Recent photos of empress of the seas in dry dock

If you got a JS, just go to CK. It's awesome. Plus Johnny Rockets or Wipe out for breakfast. You're golden

Don't we need reservations for there? Or access to concierge to get us times? (Which we won't have) Sorry never had CK on a ship before.

Don't we need reservations for there? Or access to concierge to get us times? (Which we won't have) Sorry never had CK on a ship before.

You'll get a letter in your room with the number for CK reservations desk. Mix in a specialty or two and you'll be fine. We booked early times for better availability.

Looks to be that way. I know an earlier reply said about adding a solarium. I I swear her deck plans from 2004 had this and their adding a rock wall? Didn't she already have a rock wall fitted when she was still Nordic empress?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Rock wall already exists from the videos I have seen when she was sailing under Pullmantur. I don't understand why that feature was mentioned as a cause for the cancellations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Something stinks regarding this. I have seen many images of the inside of empress some coming just minutes ago.

I have come to this conclusion, that ship sitting in Cadiz is ready!

Most contractors have left the ship. 1 hour before the statement another 4 photos came through and I quote the caption "ready for Miami". Though this has been rumoured for a few days now as bookings were suddenly sold out despite there being tons of berth still available they now have a ship sitting there costing a bomb for the privilege.

Have they suddenly changed their minds on something on board we will find out but at present rci seem to be stalling either because the first sailings, the ship wasn't full enough to break even, or for Cuba.

None the less rci have done massive revites on bigger ships in similar time most recent being Liberty.

Still waiting on info but hopefully I'll get something by morning.

I haven't chimed in much about this whole situation, but IMHO, something is definitely strange. As you stated, I've also seen several photos/posts mentioning Empress' journey across the Atlantic, with one as recently as today. The first mention of a "Sold Out" cruise in this thread came on March 15th, so why did crew members (3 days after Royal apparently knew of this situation b/c of the "Sold Out"s) still think Empress was heading to Miami? Also, if there was a serious structural problem, would crew still be onboard at this point? It's just not adding up in my mind.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Does anyone know if they are giving $200 airline change fee per passenger or per reservation? I changed from 3/30 to 6/20 sailing and the airfare change for 4 of us was $1200. Hoping we get $800 back and not $200.

Does anyone know if they are giving $200 airline change fee per passenger or per reservation? I changed from 3/30 to 6/20 sailing and the airfare change for 4 of us was $1200. Hoping we get $800 back and not $200.

Per person. At least that is what I was told today.

We rebooked for the May 9th cruise. I spent a total of 5 hours on the phone, changing the cruise, airfare and hotels. We are going with friends thankgoodness that I was able to do a three way call. Cost me about 100$ to change airfare and hotel.

Eeeeek wowsers. That's why I fly southwest haha. No fees.

I have to assume from all of this information that the problems are not cosmetic, but structural.

Once a ship is refurbished it has to go through many inspections, my co workers son is in the coast guard and actually does these inspections and has gone to numerous ports in america and overseas. It sucks that they cancelled 4 cruises but stuff happens. They should have done one at a time then the phone lines would not have been so backed up. It took almost 6 hours today to get everything changed, lucky for me today is my day off.

Keeping an open mind. Is the fault for these cancellations a result of issues with Navantia in Cadiz and no fault of RCI?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The ship is out of drydock and floating. I can't imagine what sort of error, omission, or delay at that point on behalf of the ship yard would cause a 4 week delay. So, while possible, highly doubtful

200 per ticket but in most cases it costs that much to change reservations.

Don't bother trying to discuss anything other than what they have offered you. They just do not care. Seriously. They put me on hold for 2 hours to tell me there was nothing different from the last person. Not worth the effort. Just cancel.

Did they give you money for airfare/cancellation fees when you cancelled outright?

Don't bother trying to discuss anything other than what they have offered you. They just do not care. Seriously. They put me on hold for 2 hours to tell me there was nothing different from the last person. Not worth the effort. Just cancel.

Did they give you money for airfare/cancellation fees when you cancelled outright?

They are Florida residents. ;)

The ship is out of drydock and floating. I can't imagine what sort of error, omission, or delay at that point on behalf of the ship yard would cause a 4 week delay. So, while possible, highly doubtful

Still no word from Scotty?

The wording is "change fees" Ii was assuming cancelling would be included but not likely and it only occurred to me when you asked.

Not that it matters as changing the air for me is more expensive then just buying new tickets including what Royal is offering. it will end up costing me more so may as well just be able to use the original tickets another time and eat the cancellation costs.

Do you know if Cruise Care covers any of this?