Cabin service only once a day??

jealdaka

It is really a study in speech and debate. I read entire thread. I get both sides of coin.

I will pick next cruise with this 2 times a day around my weird schedule being a known given if at all possible...another reason for me to try elsewhere.

Those already booked have an issue. But are somewhat for-warned here. It appears to be clear on forms now...but not all forms are the same...in other words no "both" on some ships....only either or on one so far..think the Dream..shot term memory after whole thread a bit bad..

I am not a mess. If I rest all day then once a day is ok...but if in and out as per usual...ice, towels and a tidy up 2x is what I pay for in a small cabin...and new sheets every 3rd day or so....that is a BIG deal to me..room care on vacation...just a lovely spoil me thing. Ice always there..that is really nice to me..so special.

The way they streamline and cost cut has to be honest..there has been a lot since 2011 or so...big difference in my 2009 and 2012 cruises...and things seen the same...in cost cutting. Adjust wants accordingly and the more you cruise..the more you want certain perks..or not..as the whole business evolves and more and more of the public can go...

Edited by sjn911

This is about staff reductions pure and simple. My guess is that encouraging guests to choose reduced service will allow them to cut the room stewards by 20-25% and the laundry staf by 15-20%. The savings will NOT be passed on to the guests.

All the lines are finding ways to cut corners so that they can increase their profits for Wall Street.

This is about staff reductions pure and simple. My guess is that encouraging guests to choose reduced service will allow them to cut the room stewards by 20-25% and the laundry staf by 15-20%. The savings will NOT be passed on to the guests.

All the lines are finding ways to cut corners so that they can increase their profits for Wall Street.

Absolutely. This is what we all have to face and pay a bit more for what we want or...let some things slide.

Your pic brings great memories...Nuclear family..kids 19 to 10 and my folks in mid 40's..our first trip to Hawaii and that said group snorkel picture..with gear..big grins, ugly happy gear faces, first big snorkel for all...Maui Water Sanctuary Crater...best Christmas card ever and family memory. Grandparents with on the shore...

Not only won't it get passed on to the consumer, but the expected service levels of the VERY PEOPLE assigned to us will plummet. We are already experiencing longer dining times due to changes. I used to have my dessert and coffee before the dining room dancing. Now it's like, WHERE ARE THEY? Dining times are equaling the fastest time to eat in the steakhouse. It used to average about 90 minutes.

And we shouldn't even KNOW what their workload is; just that they perform the service expected of them.

But ultimately comes back to one thing. They are trying to roll this out under the radar. It seems the lies are actually coming from the top. I also noticed that when the topic is brought over on Carnivals Facebook page, the post is deleted.

But certainly count me as one of those, who is told there is only one service offered per day, my tip will be cut in half.

I'm also looking forward to see an actual form in someones hand that says BOTH.

Just saw that John posted the comfort matters form they are using on the trial ships. Says turn down morning, evening or both....... Not sure how that is a cutback. Guests can choose whatever they want. I would love to hear where you get your reduction numbers from.

Just saw that John posted the comfort matters form they are using on the trial ships. Says turn down morning, evening or both....... Not sure how that is a cutback. Guests can choose whatever they want. I would love to hear where you get your reduction numbers from.

That form has not made it to the ships yet, evidently. He keeps showing that form, but many others coming off the ships are posting images of forms that don't have "both".

That form has not made it to the ships yet, evidently. He keeps showing that form, but many others coming off the ships are posting images of forms that don't have "both".

Would love to see one from a current cruise.

Not according to John Heald. Check it out on Facebook

That's nothing more than a jpg. No one has seen that one on any ship, and came out about 12 hours after someone called Carnival a liar on their corporate Facebook page after posting the one they found on the ship. That post was deleted. I've been following this since the end of February.

Edited by Je Souhaite

Great when it gets to the ships

Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk

That's why I asked, assuming it is now there or on the way, it puts at least that much to bed (pun intended).

Edited by jimbo5544

I'm thinking that the plan is to reduce the cleaning staff, increase the number of cabins that they service from 20 to 35, and by implementing once a day service fleetwide, the stewards will actually have a reduced workload and assuming tips stay the same, a huge raise.

I'm thinking that the plan is to reduce the cleaning staff, increase the number of cabins that they service from 20 to 35, and by implementing once a day service fleetwide, the stewards will actually have a reduced workload and assuming tips stay the same, a huge raise.

Where are you getting these from?

The Sunshine is not one of the pilot ships.

So what dos that have to do with anything. I was referencing how many rooms that a room steward and his assistant can have and service without the pilot. That is more work than the potential one a day (assuming everyone does not check off both - on the new new card -).

My thoughts on what is going on. It all looks like a cost cutting adventure to me. :)

Looks like a cutback becaus it is. Heald is lying and trying to cover it up. Man up and admit it for what it is. Another Cutback!

That's a large assumption. Being that many are stating they demand twice a day service, I expect many, like myself, to cut my steward portion of the tip in half.

That's a large assumption. Being that many are stating they demand twice a day service, I expect many, like myself, to cut my steward portion of the tip in half.

Carnival's mistake was rolling out those flawed Comfort Matters cards. They should've just quietly gone to once a day service without any fanfare, and they probably could've gotten away with it. Eventually, I look for once a day service to be the norm. It's just taking a circuitous and painful journey getting there, now. ;)

And I will leave my steward tips the same. Thing is, I get it. Gratuity is to clean my stateroom. There is nothing in writing or no guarantee that my room has to be serviced twice a day based on the amount of gratuities paid.

If everything is supposed to be the same and never change, why am I paying twice the amount for a candy bar half the size that it was 5 years ago?