Allure of the Seas Live March 13-27 -- High Tides and Great Vibes

Allure. Thanks again. And the questions were - closet space upstairs and the blackout qualities of the curtains. :)

We travel with three medium sized cases for two weeks and have enough space. If you have more than that you will be in trouble. The upstairs closet had a panel with a water shot off behind it so it does change the internal functionality. I might be able to get a photo after we pack just prior to going home. Right now it had Lisa's clothing in there.

As for nighttime Lisa is a light sleeper and she sleeps with the light that happens to come in around the curtains edge. Blackout eye blinds might not be a bad idea tiring f you are concerned. We also have a trick for the curtains, but I can not a photo until tomorrow. I will post it tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We travel with three medium sized cases for two weeks and have enough space. If you have more than that you will be in trouble. The upstairs closet had a panel with a water shot off behind it so it does change the internal functionality. I might be able to get a photo after we pack just prior to going home. Right now it had Lisa's clothing in there.

As for nighttime Lisa is a light sleeper and she sleeps with the light that happens to come in around the curtains edge. Blackout eye blinds might not be a bad idea tiring f you are concerned. We also have a trick for the curtains, but I can not a photo until tomorrow. I will post it tomorrow.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

I always overpack but can usually do a week with a large suitcase and a larger carry on back pack/duffel. My cabin mate (who is originally from Toronto and I have spent lots of time in your country BTW :) ) is coming in from LA so he will likely have a bit less since he has to worry about airline baggage weight. So, hopefully no issues.

Oh - another question - does Owen find the pullout comfortable ? Do you guys ever ask for the egg crate foam thing?

Sure thing - it's: Tgatrnol :)

Didn't even think of that... yep, a DARK room is important - especially since we'll sleep until 9-10 am oftentimes!

Tom

I'm not sure why you had a problem. I just re-watched the video and I saw your first question, but no more. I checked to see if you were blocked and your weren't. So I blocked and then unblocked you. I also clicked your profile and am now following you. Hopefully that will correct the problem.

For Tom and Matt this is picture in the cabin with the blinds shut. There is a bit of light coming in around the edges, but if you had eye blinders it might not hurt to bring them.

1d169b51c153b075d60c3b69b83fb222.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont

I'm not sure why you had a problem. I just re-watched the video and I saw your first question, but no more. I checked to see if you were blocked and your weren't. So I blocked and then unblocked you. I also clicked your profile and am now following you. Hopefully that will correct the problem.

For Tom and Matt this is picture in the cabin with the blinds shut. There is a bit of light coming in around the edges, but if you had eye blinders it might not hurt to bring them.

1d169b51c153b075d60c3b69b83fb222.jpg

LOL

I was on it for sail away from PE. It is around the corner from the rock climbing wall for sea views. I'm not sure how accessible it is for the aqua show.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you were on this secret balcony sailing away from PE, I'm guessing you were on the port side of the ship. Is there a secret balcony on the starboard side as well? Also, do you, or does anyone know if Oasis have this same secret balcony? Thanks. :)

HA!HA!HA! Mountain climbing in Labadee--which RCI excursion is that?! [emoji12]

It is the little known excursion in Labadee called "how to climb like a mountain ram". It is found on the last page of excursions on their website. It is for people who are basically fit, have no conditions, no lunch is provided and runs for 10 hours.

There has only been one review on-line, by a man with the last name of Ramsbottom. He said it wasn't baaaasad. :D

Edited by A&L_Ont

If you were on this secret balcony sailing away from PE, I'm guessing you were on the port side of the ship. Is there a secret balcony on the starboard side as well? Also, do you, or does anyone know if Oasis have this same secret balcony? Thanks. :)

I can only assume that it is on the starboard side. Since Oasis and Allure are so much a like I'd lhink if one ship has it the other should as well.

I can only assume that it is on the starboard side. Since Oasis and Allure are so much a like I'd lhink if one ship has it the other should as well.

We were able to watch one of the Aquatheatre shows from the port side on Oasis and noticed people watching from the Starboard side. The area right in front of the rock wall was closed but the chairs and seating area closer to the aft were available.

We were able to watch one of the Aquatheatre shows from the port side on Oasis and noticed people watching from the Starboard side. The area right in front of the rock wall was closed but the chairs and seating area closer to the aft were available.

Ken, I will check to see if the sweater is there. Thanks for the info as well.

It is the little known excursion in Labadee called "how to climb like a mountain ram". It is found on the last page of excursions on their website. It is for people who are basically fit, have no conditions, no lunch is provided and runs for 10 hours.

There has only been one review on-line, by a man with the last name of Ramsbottom. He said it wasn't baaaasad. :D

I'll be looking for that excursion next time we go to Labadee.:D

Many products have been launched with poor marketing branding if not just a simply poor name choice. A prime example is when Coors translated its slogan, “Turn it loose” into Spanish, it was read as “Suffer from diarrhea”." When Ford introduced the Pinto in Brazil, they were confused as to why sales were going nowhere. The company later learned “Pinto” is slang for “tiny male genitals” in Brazil. Ford ultimately changed the car’s name to Corcel, which means ‘horse’ in Portuguese.

I found this product in my cabin, and it needs a name change. If it truly represents it's name we all might be in trouble. If this toilet paper is Heaven then we are all in trouble. ;)

528427af1a12b624f2d6da71c349bfe9.jpg

That's some amusing marketing info - great trivia to know (I'll pass it along as if I'm an authority)! :D

Regarding the t-paper... I see you too will photograph the odds and ends! Here's one of my favorites I spied on a Carnival ship... I trust the level at which they placed the image on that door was not intentional!

IMG_0132-L.jpg

Now, back to the T-paper... For whatever reason (I'm sure it's a combination of price and dissolvability) that brand seems to be on virtually all ships. Several years ago we decided to add T-paper to our packing list. Ever since then Cottonelle comes along! Not to worry, it's also listed as septic "safe", and we've never had any clogging issues in dozens of sailings. And, just to add to the horseradish and t-paper items, we also bring our own facial tissues as well. Something about blowing your nose (with the stock stuff) and realizing it's just a bit too thin, not to mention rough with repeated use!

Creature comforts ! ! !

Tom

Thanks. Now I'll have to find something to scope since I have a follower! :D

It must be some kind of anti-spam feature (can't find any references to that), which makes sense - as I typed in the same thing verbatim each time.

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

Ten hours without eating while on a cruise? Sorry, not going to happen. I won't be booking.

Thanks. Now I'll have to find something to scope since I have a follower! :D

It must be some kind of anti-spam feature (can't find any references to that), which makes sense - as I typed in the same thing verbatim each time.

Tom

Hi Tom,

You should go into Scope and make sure that you are still following Andrew as his act of blocking then unblocking you may have removed you from his followers list. Wouldn't want you to miss any of his live Scopes.

Di

Hi Tom,

You should go into Scope and make sure that you are still following Andrew as his act of blocking then unblocking you may have removed you from his followers list. Wouldn't want you to miss any of his live Scopes.

Di

Thanks - yep, I noticed that (after he added me) I needed to follow him again.

:)

Tom

That's some amusing marketing info - great trivia to know (I'll pass it along as if I'm an authority)! :D

Regarding the t-paper... I see you too will photograph the odds and ends! Here's one of my favorites I spied on a Carnival ship... I trust the level at which they placed the image on that door was not intentional!

IMG_0132-L.jpg

Now, back to the T-paper... For whatever reason (I'm sure it's a combination of price and dissolvability) that brand seems to be on virtually all ships. Several years ago we decided to add T-paper to our packing list. Ever since then Cottonelle comes along! Not to worry, it's also listed as septic "safe", and we've never had any clogging issues in dozens of sailings. And, just to add to the horseradish and t-paper items, we also bring our own facial tissues as well. Something about blowing your nose (with the stock stuff) and realizing it's just a bit too thin, not to mention rough with repeated use!

Creature comforts ! ! !

Tom

That picture of the bathroom door had me cracking up! oh my gosh what were they thinking with that!

Hi Andrew! I was wondering if you could suggest an area at labadee for us folks who can't get a cabana? which areas seem less crowded and such. Also how far is it to actually walk around on the island? I have a bad back and wondered if I should just stick to the closest beach or not.