Escape Deck 19

Obx_1974

Yes, just outside the entrance to Vibe. It is actually part of the Vibe bar but is open to all.

Thanks. Is deck 19 crowded like the main pool and spice or is it a hidden gem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got off. It was packed had to wade thru the sea of people to get to Vibe. Saw 2 year olds in the hot tube. This past week was the most crowded I have ever seen a pool deck on a cruise. If it wasn't for our spa balcony and daily spa visits along with a few hrs at vibe every day I'd have a very different opinion of this last cruise and the Escape. The service was top notch especially in Vibe and as long as you have a plan you can get some quiet space.

Just got off. It was packed had to wade thru the sea of people to get to Vibe. Saw 2 year olds in the hot tube. This past week was the most crowded I have ever seen a pool deck on a cruise. If it wasn't for our spa balcony and daily spa visits along with a few hrs at vibe every day I'd have a very different opinion of this last cruise and the Escape. The service was top notch especially in Vibe and as long as you have a plan you can get some quiet space.

Thanks for the response. Why do you think this was the most crowded you have ever seen a pool deck? Poor design?

Yes and possibly number of people. As every where was very crowded - elevators, muster drill, getting off at 730 am, dinner one night in Le Bistro (adding table). 1st evening trying to visit a bar. Took 4 different stops to finally find 2 seats (Margaritaville outside).

I never went to pool deck to watch the pool contests as it was literally no where to sit or stand. I have been on all of NCL mega ships Epic 5 times. The design of Epic allows the outside food venue to flow to the pool bar and then the outdoor stage. This is the best design to host contests and bands. Last year at Spring Break we were up there every day to watch the contests and bands. So yes design for sure.

The crowded deck areas seem to be a common complaint regarding this ship. This design flaw is disappointing. You would expect the design to be improved upon from previous ships but this doesn't seem to be the case. This is our first time on a Norwegian ship having previously cruised RCL. Hoping we are able to get vibe passes but want a back up plan too.

Thanks. Is deck 19 crowded like the main pool and spice or is it a hidden gem?

Very crowded when we were there, bar was mobbed. So glad we had Vibe passes:D

Very crowded when we were there, bar was mobbed. So glad we had Vibe passes:D

I hope we are able to snag some passes. Plan to get to the port early but I'm concerned that since this is our first NCL cruise we won't be able board early enough to get he passes.

I hope we are able to snag some passes. Plan to get to the port early but I'm concerned that since this is our first NCL cruise we won't be able board early enough to get he passes.

I'll be on NCL for the first time too. What does it have to do with boarding? Do you mean all of the Latitude and Haven people?

I'll be on NCL for the first time too. What does it have to do with boarding? Do you mean all of the Latitude and Haven people?

Yeah...they will get on before us I believe.

Yeah...they will get on before us I believe.

Latitudes don't board early. There is a specific check in desk for the various latitudes levels, but they get the same boarding numbers as everyone else

Latitudes don't board early. There is a specific check in desk for the various latitudes levels, but they get the same boarding numbers as everyone else

Yep, high level Latitudes have only "priority check-in", not "priority embarkation" like suite passengers have.

Edited by Demonyte

deck 19 is the top of the top. we were in the haven but our children cruised with us and we spent time with them on deck 19/sun deck. there is a bar just at the bottom of the steps and there was NEVER a wait for service. Cheers!!!

That's good to hear. Were you recently on the Escape?