Koningsdam dining reservations

lahlah57

We need to get on the ball for our october 2016 voyage in regards to reservations for the different dining venues. Did the check in process.....but since our banking card expires the same month as departure everything came to stop as far as reserving for anything. We get the new card in september.

Could use another card but do not want to use that one for the trip. Is it true that as far as reserving this early the charges for Pinnacle....canalleto and all the rest with fees will actually be charged out now if I were to reserve or is it just a for holding?

It doesn't seem right to charge out 7 months before the voyage.:confused:

As it is we are on a 8:30 dining time in MDR with a table of 8 (requested the 8) but 8:30 is far too late. Already the early dining times are waitlisted or booked! I dod not know how We ended up with 8:30.....requested 5:45 I thought.

You can continue with your online check in by just putting "cash" for you onboard account. Then in September, when you get your new card, you can go online and edit your payment method.

As it is we are on a 8:30 dining time in MDR with a table of 8 (requested the 8) but 8:30 is far too late. Already the early dining times are waitlisted or booked! I dod not know how We ended up with 8:30.....requested 5:45 I thought.

Two things - on HAL the Early dining fills up very quickly (most of us old timers like to dine early), so this is very common. If early is filled, they will put you in Main/Late.

Second, sometimes dining times get improperly booked, as Main (HAL's term) is the 8:30 (or Late as we would call it) time, so people accidentally book Main when they want Early. Be sure your TA did not make this mistake.

Also, you can always go with Open and dine around 5:30 PM or whenever you want. We did this on a couple of cruises, especially on those where we have several late port departure time, as it gives us more flexibility. Of course, you normally get a different table and table mates each day (sometimes they can make arrangements for you to have the same table).

Two things - on HAL the Early dining fills up very quickly (most of us old timers like to dine early), so this is very common. If early is filled, they will put you in Main/Late.

Second, sometimes dining times get improperly booked, as Main (HAL's term) is the 8:30 (or Late as we would call it) time, so people accidentally book Main when they want Early. Be sure your TA did not make this mistake.

Also, you can always go with Open and dine around 5:30 PM or whenever you want. We did this on a couple of cruises, especially on those where we have several late port departure time, as it gives us more flexibility. Of course, you normally get a different table and table mates each day (sometimes they can make arrangements for you to have the same table).

How easy is it to get into open dining and how long is the wait for a table? Koningsdam is a 2500 pax ship.

In open dining can you be seated with larger tables with others. We do not have to have a table for 2.

[QUOcTE=OVgirl;49384186]You can continue with your online check in by just putting "cash" for you onboard account. Then in September, when you get your new card, you can go online and edit your payment method.

Okay I will go online and give this method a shot......thankyou:)

How easy is it to get into open dining and how long is the wait for a table? Koningsdam is a 2500 pax ship.

In open dining can you be seated with larger tables with others. We do not have to have a table for 2.

We normally go around 5:30 PM for dinner and never have more than a couple of minutes wait, especially when we are flexible enough to dine at a larger (6-8) table. If you go when it first opens, around 5:15 (varies by ship) there can be a line, but still not a big wait.

I understand that during the peak times (around 6:30-7:30) the lines get a bit longer and they will give you a pager buzzer.

We normally go around 5:30 PM for dinner and never have more than a couple of minutes wait, especially when we are flexible enough to dine at a larger (6-8) table. If you go when it first opens, around 5:15 (varies by ship) there can be a line, but still not a big wait.

I understand that during the peak times (around 6:30-7:30) the lines get a bit longer and they will give you a pager buzzer.

Oh good....these times are good for us and no later than 6:00. Like the idea of meeting many different people.5:30 happy hour would be good too!

I prefer early dining and have gotten it from the beginning most of the time. On all but one of the others I have been able to change it onboard. I don't think the Explorer (HAL's Reflections) lists it but the Dining Room Manager will be available the first day and I inquired about the location when I went to lunch the first day.

The one time I couldn't get out of open dining (Zaandam, 2012) I generally went in the 5:30 time frame, was asked if I wished to share, and was seated within 5 minutes. A bit of a surprise was that I was probably seated with the same people about half the time, we are creatures of habit and sometimes several people will have the same habit.

Roy

We would prefer to sit together at a table for 4 (not share). What is our best chance to get this: specified time or open seating?

Requesting a set dining time table for 4 will definitely get you that but I also do not see a problem with always getting a table for 4 in Open dining. Quite a few 4 tops in the dining room.