Celebrity Best Price Guarentee?

mom02

I submitted a form through Celebrity's website last week and haven't heard from them yet nor received confirmation that they even received my request. Has anyone else here tried submitting a request through Celebrity's website? Did you get a response?

Just remember the restrictions on the guarantee. OBC and offers from TAs are not included as the cruise fare is the same, just the TA is giving you some of their fee. Also sending anything on line usually gets no response or a wait of at least a month.

Have never heard of anyone collecting on this unless Celebrity dropped its price the next day. If that happens much faster and easier to simply call and rebook.

I submitted five forms because I could never tell if they had been sent or not; the screen just went blank after I pressed send. I never received any response to any of them. Then I sent an email to concerns at celebrity.com and I got a response telling me to submit my issue to celebrity one touch at celebrity.com. So I did that and of course never received any response again. So I sent another email to both of those addresses saying that it was unacceptable not to receive any response, and I got another response from concerns at celebrity.com saying that they had escalated my issue to the proper office and that I would be hearing from them soon. Yeah, right. Still waiting.

I submitted five forms because I could never tell if they had been sent or not; the screen just went blank after I pressed send. I never received any response to any of them. Then I sent an email to concerns at celebrity.com and I got a response telling me to submit my issue to celebrity one touch at celebrity.com. So I did that and of course never received any response again. So I sent another email to both of those addresses saying that it was unacceptable not to receive any response, and I got another response from concerns at celebrity.com saying that they had escalated my issue to the proper office and that I would be hearing from them soon. Yeah, right. Still waiting.

An increasingly frequent story, it would seem. A couple of months ago I had a relatively minor issue and fired off on email to seek advice from Celebrity. I subsequently resolved it on my own, but I'm still waiting for a response. I'm not sure which is more frustrating, receiving erroneous information when you phone or no answer when you write.

Wanted to update for others out there that are also looking into Celebrity's Best Price Guarantee...

As eurotraveler1 suggested, I called to check on the form I submitted through Celebrity's website. The first person I spoke to didn't know much about the Best Price Guarantee. She transferred me to the Captain's Club department (why??) where I repeated my question about whether or not they received my online request. The agent put me on hold for a few minutes while she "checked with her manager". They never did confirm that they received my request and it doesn't sound like anyone knows which department those go to. But she told me that Celebrity will only honor adjustments if it can be found on THEIR website/email/flyer etc. I pointed out that their webpage doesn't state that it needs to be a CELEBRITY site, but she maintains that that is the policy.

("If a lower cruise fare or different promotional offer advertised to the general public is found and your booking meets certain requirements, you may request to have that savings or promotion applied to your booking")

Since Celebrity's website in general is lacking in detailed information on just about everything, I'm not surprised that they use that loophole to refuse to honor their "guarantee". She did suggest I transfer my booking to the other company that was offering the bonus perks I was requesting, which made me feel...unwanted??

Just want others out there to beware.

Mom2 - As I think was already mentioned the cruise price at all TAs is exactly the same as at Celebrity. As I suspected you were trying to get Celebrity to look at the "deals" offered by TAs as a lower price.

Sadly it is not. The TAs are paid a commission based on selling the cruise at a specific price. If they choose to give a "perk" or rebate out of their commission it does not constitute a lower price. A TA offering a lower price would lose their franchise to sell as an agent.

Your comment about using that "loophole" is not correct. Sorry, as the cruise itself is the same price. I personally always book with Celebrity and then transfer my reservation to a TA.

Mom2 - As I think was already mentioned the cruise price at all TAs is exactly the same as at Celebrity. As I suspected you were trying to get Celebrity to look at the "deals" offered by TAs as a lower price.

Sadly it is not. The TAs are paid a commission based on selling the cruise at a specific price. If they choose to give a "perk" or rebate out of their commission it does not constitute a lower price. A TA offering a lower price would lose their franchise to sell as an agent.

Your comment about using that "loophole" is not correct. Sorry, as the cruise itself is the same price. I personally always book with Celebrity and then transfer my reservation to a TA.

The price that was quoted for the same cruise from the non-Celebrity website was about the same, but it included additional perks on top of the promotions that Celebrity is advertising. The additional perks would've amounted to an extra $700 in savings for my family. The additional perks are advertised on the non-Celebrity website, so I doubt it's coming out of someone's commission.

I say it's a "loophole" because the Celebrity Best Price Guarantee website does not state that the lower cruise fare or promotional offer advertised must come from Celebrity. It only says it needs to be advertised to the general public. It is, at the very least, incredibly misleading.

If it wasn't for the fact I had a really hard time finding the type of room my family requires, I would've booked with the non-Celebrity company and automatically received the additional perks.

The price that was quoted for the same cruise from the non-Celebrity website was about the same, but it included additional perks on top of the promotions that Celebrity is advertising. The additional perks would've amounted to an extra $700 in savings for my family. The additional perks are advertised on the non-Celebrity website, so I doubt it's coming out of someone's commission.

I say it's a "loophole" because the Celebrity Best Price Guarantee website does not state that the lower cruise fare or promotional offer advertised must come from Celebrity. It only says it needs to be advertised to the general public. It is, at the very least, incredibly misleading.

If it wasn't for the fact I had a really hard time finding the type of room my family requiresm, I would've booked with the non-Celebrity company and automatically received the additional perks.

If you have not made you final payment and you booked within the last 60 days transfer the booking to the TA and get you additional perks. You will keep your booking number and cabin.

If it wasn't for the fact I had a really hard time finding the type of room my family requires, I would've booked with the non-Celebrity company and automatically received the additional perks.

I just want to clarify on this. If you go on the TA's website and the price is $2000.00 with $350 OBC and the "Go Better" Promo. Then Celebrity's price is $2000.00 with the "Go Better" promo, the cruise price is the same. The OBC is coming directly from the TA. It is part of their commission. You will see when booked you will not see their perks on your Celebrity dashboard as its from the TA.

Also, you should never see the price differ from the cruiseline, only the perks. It is not allowed. The only way the actual base price is lower is if they have booked rooms in group pricing and they are reselling it. Those prices will not be displayed online, only by phone as it can not be advertised.

I would switch the booking to your TA and pick up the perks THEY are offering.

As I think was already mentioned the cruise price at all TAs is exactly the same as at Celebrity.

The TAs are paid a commission based on selling the cruise at a specific price. If they choose to give a "perk" or rebate out of their commission it does not constitute a lower price. A TA offering a lower price would lose their franchise to sell as an agent.

Also, you should never see the price differ from the cruiseline, only the perks. It is not allowed. The only way the actual base price is lower is if they have booked rooms in group pricing and they are reselling it. Those prices will not be displayed online, only by phone as it can not be advertised.

I am genuinely wondering just what evidence would be required to convince people that this is false information. :confused:

At least one US based online travel agency (the one that I have used to book numerous Celebrity cruises) DOES indeed display prices on their website, that are lower than those advertised by Celebrity on THEIR website.

At this moment the Celebrity website is showing the 5 November, 15 night Silhouette transatlantic cruise, priced at $1439pp for an inside cabin with no perks/no BBB, and $1669pp for a standard balcony with no perks/no BBB included. (Taxes of $101.75pp extra and tips extra)

A large, well known online travel agency, shows the exact same cruise on the same ship on the same day, priced at $1149pp for an inside cabin also with no perks/no BBB included... and $1549pp for a standard balcony with no perks/no BBB included. (Taxes of $101.75pp extra and tips extra)

The agency does NOT charge you the same rate as Celebrity and then gives you OBC, or perks, or drinks, or transfers...

The agency NOT ONLY ADVERTISES, but CHARGES you A LOWER price for the exact same cruise. :rolleyes:

In the case of an inside cabin it is lower by $290pp, and for the balcony it is lower by $120pp.

The agency quite often (but not in this particular case) offers ADDITIONAL on board credit ON TOP of the lower fare.

Edited by teecee60

I am genuinely wondering just what evidence would be required to convince people that this is false information. :confused:

At least one US based online travel agency (the one that I have used to book numerous Celebrity cruises) DOES indeed display prices on their website, that are lower than those advertised by Celebrity on THEIR website.

At this moment the Celebrity website is showing the 5 November, 15 night Silhouette transatlantic cruise, priced at $1439pp for an inside cabin with no perks/no BBB, and $1669pp for a standard balcony with no perks/no BBB included. (Taxes of $101.75pp extra and tips extra)

A large, well known online travel agency, shows the exact same cruise on the same ship on the same day, priced at $1149pp for an inside cabin also with no perks/no BBB included... and $1549pp for a standard balcony with no perks/no BBB included. (Taxes of $101.75pp extra and tips extra)

The agency does NOT charge you the same rate as Celebrity and then gives you OBC, or perks, or drinks, or transfers...

The agency NOT ONLY ADVERTISES, but CHARGES you A LOWER price for the exact same cruise. :rolleyes:

In the case of an inside cabin it is lower by $290pp, and for the balcony it is lower by $120pp.

The agency quite often (but not in this particular case) offers ADDITIONAL on board credit ON TOP of the lower fare.

Agreed. Booked through a big box TA and the online price was way lower than X website. Of course, you had to be a member to see the prices, so not exactly shown to the general public, but anyone that is a member or had a friend that is a member could see the price online. It was a group booking, so that is why it was cheaper, but you could see it online.