Immediately Post Hump views on LIberty

I am looking at booking adjoining staterooms on Liberty. We prefer the mid / aft to the forward portion of the ship - and I prefer to be closer to the water / lower floors..

We are looking at Deck 7 -7650/7652. (These are immediately after the hump). OR Deck 6 6382/6384.

We stayed in an area close to the deck 6 rooms on Navigator last year (a little further forward but not much) and really liked the location, but I was considering the move to the deck 7 to be closer to the stairs (since this ship is bigger than NOTS!).

I wondered what the view would be like for those rooms near the hump - do they lack balcony privacy and disturb the sight lines from the balcony or is it not a real issue? Is there any extra wind/movement/noise to consider?

Most of what I have read suggests that the hump balconies are quiet enough.

Thanks! Looking to book soon so any feedback would be GREAT!

It's not an issue...you have a full outward view. True, you won't be able to see the bow of the ship, but since YOU aren't steering, you don't need to! You will be able to see forward, just not the bow!!!

The wind is always strongest standing right at the railing....sitting, you will barely feel it!

Great convenient location!

Edited by cb at sea

I am looking at booking adjoining staterooms on Liberty. We prefer the mid / aft to the forward portion of the ship - and I prefer to be closer to the water / lower floors..

We are looking at Deck 7 -7650/7652. (These are immediately after the hump). OR Deck 6 6382/6384.

We stayed in an area close to the deck 6 rooms on Navigator last year (a little further forward but not much) and really liked the location, but I was considering the move to the deck 7 to be closer to the stairs (since this ship is bigger than NOTS!).

I wondered what the view would be like for those rooms near the hump - do they lack balcony privacy and disturb the sight lines from the balcony or is it not a real issue? Is there any extra wind/movement/noise to consider?

Most of what I have read suggests that the hump balconies are quiet enough.

I don't think you will have a privacy issue at all. However, the hump will obstruct a small portion of your view forward. It would not bother me much, but it might bother others.

We are looking at Deck 7 -7650/7652. (These are immediately after the hump). ggests that the hump balconies are quiet enough.

These are the two we booked for our trip in July, so I'd love to know about them also (though we're pretty excited about them already!) Weve cruised before but this will be the first time with my mom and our daughter (12) so we thought the adjoining cabins would be great.

Edited by journey2002
Grammar

Myself personally, would not like to book next to a corner hump cabin but a few rooms forward. If I book at all a cabin on the hump it would be ccenter or a cabin either side. This is my personal take but right next to the corner hump, you vision is blocked except straight out of ahead.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

this is a view from 9642, a hump room balcony on Liberty.

I would think if you were aft of this, it might impede your sight line looking forward.

I think thats what you are asking. Hope this helps.

ry%3D400

Edited by Larry&Darla

• 3 weeks later...
this is a view from 9642, a hump room balcony on Liberty.

I would think if you were aft of this, it might impede your sight line looking forward.

I think thats what you are asking. Hope this helps.

ry%3D400

YAY! this will be our cabin next summer!

I'm not 100% certain, but I believe this might be the stateroom that we are in on the May 29th sailing. Since we've never had a balcony stateroom before, I will take it. Since the hubby and daughter like to sleep in, I hate getting up and around to much so I don't wake them. I'm really looking forward to my mornings sitting on the balcony watching the sunrise. I. CAN'T. WAIT.