ALL things Liberty of th Seas

Anyone from a recent cruise who can comment on corkage fees? Are the fees being charged for bottles you bring from home and open in the mdr or bars?

Some have reported being charged corkage and some have said they were not charged. As typical with Royal, it's inconsistent.

I admit it - I don't have the energy to read through the whole thread ;p. We were on Freedom of the Seas a couple years ago and they had they Freestyle pop machines. I am wondering if Liberty of the Seas has finally gotten them.

TIA!

Liberty does NOT have the Freestyle machines. No current plans to install them either...

If Liberty doesn't have the freestyle machines, does anyone know if they have Diet Dr Pepper on board? That's the only soda my husband and I really drink. Guess if they don't then I'll just have to drink more alcohol on my drink package :')

Just thought of another question - does FNDR include Giovanni's? I know they will assign a restaurant, just wondering if that restaurant is an option. I don't see much of a description in the cruise planner. Thank you!

Just thought of another question - does FNDR include Giovanni's? I know they will assign a restaurant, just wondering if that restaurant is an option. I don't see much of a description in the cruise planner. Thank you!

Yes, Giovanni’s is a choice. We have done FNDR on Liberty. We have never had them assign a restaurant. When you board, go to the restaurant at which you wish to dine, and ask for an assigned reservation time. We have always chosen the place. Take the email receipt for your purchase in the off chance they somehow don’t have it in the system.

If Liberty doesn't have the freestyle machines, does anyone know if they have Diet Dr Pepper on board? That's the only soda my husband and I really drink. Guess if they don't then I'll just have to drink more alcohol on my drink package :')

They usually have this in cans. However, just in case, I'd bring some onboard.

When I sailed in October I saw the 3 liter bottles of Diet Dr. Pepper being used.

Thanks Clarea, that's what I figured. Guess we'll just see what mood our waitstaff is in!

You might want to ask your wait staff about the policy on the first night, before you bring any bottles We did that on a recent cruise and were assured there would be no charge.

You can not go to Giovannis the first night as it is holding the murder mystery dinner. So you either go to Chops or Sabor.

Thanks Jim and Bob for the responses on the diet Dr Pepper! Might just bring some bottles to have in the room.

If you're cruising around spring break, cans have a better chance than bottles of getting on the ship.

We will be sailing on Liberty in May 2018. This will be the biggest ship we've done so far with the biggest being Adventure as of now. We are excited to try Freedom class because we sail from San Juan every January and the Freedom is coming to San Juan for our Jan 2019 B2B!

Thank you all for the wealth of information here!

If you're cruising around spring break, cans have a better chance than bottles of getting on the ship.

Thanks again. Hadn't thought about the container although I did wonder if we could bring soda onboard. We're cruising December 17. I figured plastic bottles might be less likely to get punctured and spring a leak. Should we just get a 12 pack of cans and try to carry them on? We have the drink package so it's not like we are trying to sneak it on. In fact we are probably saving RCI money ;p

Thanks again. Hadn't thought about the container although I did wonder if we could bring soda onboard. We're cruising December 17. I figured plastic bottles might be less likely to get punctured and spring a leak. Should we just get a 12 pack of cans and try to carry them on? We have the drink package so it's not like we are trying to sneak it on. In fact we are probably saving RCI money ;p

You would probably be OK either way.

I was wondering what menus were on the Liberty currently (for the MDR). Do they use the old ones or are they using the newer menus. If they use the new menus does anyone have a link that shows the new menus? Thank you in advance! :)

I'd love to see some drink menus as well, since we are planning on getting the deluxe drink package. This is our first cruise with RC since 2001, so I know much has changed!

I was wondering what menus were on the Liberty currently (for the MDR). Do they use the old ones or are they using the newer menus. If they use the new menus does anyone have a link that shows the new menus? Thank you in advance! :)

I'd love to see some drink menus as well, since we are planning on getting the deluxe drink package. This is our first cruise with RC since 2001, so I know much has changed!

Still using the old "spice name" menus.