ALL things Liberty of th Seas

Cheaper than A and W (popular Cdn chain ) or McDonalds!

Yes, when I am already paying for food that is much better in the MDR. They have a great burger on their lunch menu and it’s free. I went there when it was $7, thought that was a lot. By the time my DW, DD and I ate with tip,it’s over $30, that’s Applebee’s prices, LOL. Now it would be over $40, I will just stop there and get my BOGO milkshake and eat it as I walk.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Liberty of the seas Cruise compasses attached below. These have hours for venues, shows, scheduled activities, ect..

Posting kids club flyers next. Sorry they do have a teen club flyer but i forgot to grab them .

Thank you! We are getting on the Liberty today for a 7 day cruise. :D

• 2 months later...

Question about hair straighteners: I saw a Cruise Compass on someone's blog that said hair straighteners are a prohibited item. Really?! Please tell me this is some sort of special appliance, and not just a regular, small flat iron. I use a flat iron on my naturally wavy hair every day!

Edited by ChristieP

Question about hair straighteners: I saw a Cruise Compass on someone's blog that said hair straighteners are a prohibited item. Really?! Please tell me this is some sort of special appliance, and not just a regular, small flat iron. I use a flat iron on my naturally wavy hair every day to tame a couple of cowlicks. I will be afraid to see what my hair would look like after a week of unruliness!

All hair appliances are allowed.

We're going to be on Liberty in November, and this will be our first time on the Cozumel, Roatan, Belize itinerary. Can anyone comment on whether customs takes longer to clear on this itinerary? I know I saw comments in the past that customs took longer due to these ports having a higher incidence of drug smuggling or some such. Any recent experience with this itinerary? We're trying to figure out when to have our daughter pick us up.

Thanks,

Pat

We're going to be on Liberty in November, and this will be our first time on the Cozumel, Roatan, Belize itinerary. Can anyone comment on whether customs takes longer to clear on this itinerary? I know I saw comments in the past that customs took longer due to these ports having a higher incidence of drug smuggling or some such. Any recent experience with this itinerary? We're trying to figure out when to have our daughter pick us up.

Thanks,

Pat

They usually say that cruises that have Belize or Roatan on the route have issues. We just disembarked last Sunday after two weeks on Liberty, thus we had both routes. There was no difference in the two for us. Our disembark this past Sunday was the Roatan/Belize route. We were off the ship before 8 am and there were many before us, and they were embarking the next cruise by 10:30 am. I think there are many factors that cause late debarked, but route isn’t often one of them.

Thank you, Karen. When we were on Liberty last May, our daughter got caught up in a big traffic jam where traffic officers were letting cars into Terminal 1 and just holding up those going to Terminal 2. We are trying to work it out this time so that she has the minimum of frustration and yet we still get to Hobby in plenty of time for our 1:15 flight. Hopefully, our experience with customs will be as seamless as yours.

Pat

As far as I know—I stand to be corrected—Hobby has only one terminal. I used to work for the Houston Airport System but that was 2003 so do your own research. Hobby is pretty good as far as passenger throughput. Small airport. It’s a straight shot up 45 from Galveston and isn’t that far off the Interstate. Houston Traffic is legendarily bad but on a weekend debark, you’re primary obstacle may be construction; not congestion. I would look into investing on the TSA express pass. It’s like $85 bucks for 5 years and you get preferred security clearance.

As for the Galveston Cruise Terminal; I have nothing to compare it to but I was horrified both times I left out of there. It seems incredibly spartan, needlessly cumbersome, and above all else, the officials seem to be doctrinaire in their methods. I did the same itinerary as you did and another where we just went to, of course— Cozumel. There didn’t seem to be any difference in the customs clearances.

As far as I know—I stand to be corrected—Hobby has only one terminal. I used to work for the Houston Airport System but that was 2003 so do your own research. Hobby is pretty good as far as passenger throughput. Small airport. It’s a straight shot up 45 from Galveston and isn’t that far off the Interstate. Houston Traffic is legendarily bad but on a weekend debark, you’re primary obstacle may be construction; not congestion. I would look into investing on the TSA express pass. It’s like $85 bucks for 5 years and you get preferred security clearance.

As for the Galveston Cruise Terminal; I have nothing to compare it to but I was horrified both times I left out of there. It seems incredibly spartan, needlessly cumbersome, and above all else, the officials seem to be doctrinaire in their methods. I did the same itinerary as you did and another where we just went to, of course— Cozumel. There didn’t seem to be any difference in the customs clearances.

Yes, Hobby has only one terminal. I was actually referring to Terminals 1 and 2 at Galveston. The traffic officers were holding up those trying to get to Terminal 2 in favor of those going to Terminal 1. She waited in traffic about 15 minutes. Since she's doing us a favor ferrying us to/from Galveston, I'm trying to get information as to what is the best time for her to pick us up.

Thanks, Pat

Yes, Hobby has only one terminal. I was actually referring to Terminals 1 and 2 at Galveston. The traffic officers were holding up those trying to get to Terminal 2 in favor of those going to Terminal 1. She waited in traffic about 15 minutes. Since she's doing us a favor ferrying us to/from Galveston, I'm trying to get information as to what is the best time for her to pick us up.

Thanks, Pat

Hobby now has two terminals Gates 1 thru 5 which are international gates then all the domestic gates in the other terminal that you are thinking about.

Thanks, Pat

apologies :o

Just off Liberty today. One annoying thing is the Johnny Rockets shake situation as it pertains to the drink package. On other ships you can get a shake from JRs without purchasing any food. Not so on Liberty. You must pay the $11+ cover charge and then you can get a shake with your food. So be advised if you are planning on having a few shakes with that deluxe beverage package...you aren’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just off Liberty today. One annoying thing is the Johnny Rockets shake situation as it pertains to the drink package. On other ships you can get a shake from JRs without purchasing any food. Not so on Liberty. You must pay the $11+ cover charge and then you can get a shake with your food. So be advised if you are planning on having a few shakes with that deluxe beverage package...you aren’t.

So you cannot walk up and get a shake even if you are paying extra for the shake?

I guess I should have been clearer. You cannot use your drink package to purchase the shake as a stand-alone item. In order to use your drink package you must purchase the food.

I didn’t ask about buying a shake for a cash price.

Several people on our Liberty social media page have gotten shakes without buying a meal, but not without having to drag out the documentation saying they could. But, if persistent, they got it.

You can always walk up and buy just the shake anytime.