ALL things Liberty of th Seas

will we be getting some extra compensation for less time on the ship, possibly in the form of onboard credit?

We got 20 credit for a late boarding to reimburse meal costs. If you have trip insurance you should be able to get expenses you are out. Keep receipts.

On board Liberty now. Embarkation was a total nightmare. Lost the 1st day due to late arrival-boarded around 3pm, in rooms about 6:30pm. Went to dining room and got barked at because there was only open seating ( never communicated). In fact, RCL's communication on this whole late embarkation was pretty non existent or flat out wrong. Got $25 OBC for the trouble. Next day was informed Grand Cayman was cancelled -got another $25 OBC. No extra activities or anything planned for extra sea day today-main dining wasn't even open for lunch. Windjammer on this ship is total cluster! I have never seen anything more poorly laid out. So basically lost 2 days of 7 day cruise and got $50 bucks. RCCL has really slipped since my last cruise on them (I have about 8 with them). I'll stick to celebrity from now on-unbelievable they are owned by the same company.

On board Liberty now. Embarkation was a total nightmare. Lost the 1st day due to late arrival-boarded around 3pm, in rooms about 6:30pm. Went to dining room and got barked at because there was only open seating ( never communicated). In fact, RCL's communication on this whole late embarkation was pretty non existent or flat out wrong. Got $25 OBC for the trouble. Next day was informed Grand Cayman was cancelled -got another $25 OBC. No extra activities or anything planned for extra sea day today-main dining wasn't even open for lunch. Windjammer on this ship is total cluster! I have never seen anything more poorly laid out. So basically lost 2 days of 7 day cruise and got $50 bucks. RCCL has really slipped since my last cruise on them (I have about 8 with them). I'll stick to celebrity from now on-unbelievable they are owned by the same company.

Wow! Been on Liberty 4X in two years and have never had anything like this happen. Could I ask why it was such a late arrival & boarding? Sailing in 31 days...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow! Been on Liberty 4X in two years and have never had anything like this happen. Could I ask why it was such a late arrival & boarding? Sailing in 31 days...

Some sort of maintenance was being done, I believe in Nassau, and it took longer than expected, so they arrived late in Galveston.

We will be new diamond members on the Liberty in January. What might we expect?

24-hour access to the Diamond Lounge with free self-service specialty coffee. Continental breakfast in the DL for a couple of hours each morning. 3.5 hours of free drinks in the DL each evening. Services of the Diamond Concierge. 3 drink vouchers every evening, to be used at any bar, during the period when the DL is serving drinks.

I'm leaving in the next week on Liberty, does anyone have any questions they need answered for my return?

One question I'll pose to the group. This is the first time I'm getting the all-inclusive drink package. Likely my elementary school age son will want a drink from my Coke once in a while. Clearly I'm not supportive of buying him his own full drinks since it's a youth, but does anyone get the sense that they would get anal about me ordering a Coke with my free unlimited beverage package and letting him drink out of my straw by the pool when he wants a sip? I know it's a dumb question, but it's reality when dealing with a little guy that you're not going to give a full blown drink package to. Thanks.

I'm leaving in the next week on Liberty, does anyone have any questions they need answered for my return?

One question I'll pose to the group. This is the first time I'm getting the all-inclusive drink package. Likely my elementary school age son will want a drink from my Coke once in a while. Clearly I'm not supportive of buying him his own full drinks since it's a youth, but does anyone get the sense that they would get anal about me ordering a Coke with my free unlimited beverage package and letting him drink out of my straw by the pool when he wants a sip? I know it's a dumb question, but it's reality when dealing with a little guy that you're not going to give a full blown drink package to. Thanks.

It's only $8.50 per day to get him his own soda package.

It's only $8.50 per day to get him his own soda package.

Thanks. Although that wasn't the question. My wife doesn't allow him to drink much soda, so he'll never smell a soda package until he moves out. The question was that he like to sip a sip out of my soda while mom isn't looking once in a while. But I'm not sure if they care much if the see a kid come sip a drink from my drink by the pool. My sense is it's all good and in moderation since it's not like I'm trying to sneak him soda. But just curious since this is the first time I've got a free all-inclusive drink package with my cruise included and my wife didn't let our little guy get one to ensure he doesn't get his own sodas. So was just curious. But I'm guessing nobody will care.

• 2 months later...

I have an old catalog and am trying to decide between an 7th or 8th aft balcony. If I have my information correct the 8th has the Windjammer and Pool? What is on 7? I guess what I need is an actual drawing of the ship. Help please!

I have an old catalog and am trying to decide between an 7th or 8th aft balcony. If I have my information correct the 8th has the Windjammer and Pool? What is on 7? I guess what I need is an actual drawing of the ship. Help please!

On Liberty, Windjammer and the pool are on deck 11.

I clicked the link that started this whole thread. I guess it’s gone. Did the info get moved to a different location or is it just gone and I need to read through all 47 pages of posts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For aft balconies on Freedom Class, I think best to do a higher deck for a better view due to the ship superstructure.

• 2 weeks later...
Cruising Liberty of the Seas 4/1 -

Do we need to purchase tickets to Saturday Night Fever or how early should we show up?

There are no reservations to be made or tickets to purchase. If you have a large party and need to sit together, I'd get there 45 minutes before the show. A party of two can probably find decent seats 20 minutes before the show.