Fort Lauderdale hotel

mcchane1

I know there are lots of threads here about Fort Lauderdale hotels and I have read many but I am going to ask for a suggestion from someone that has been there.

Here's my need.....

We are a family of 5, myself and hubby and our 3 adult children. We are flying in the day before our cruise on April 3, 2017. We need a hotel for 1 night and need to have 4 beds. I don't expect the kids to sleep together, 1 bed needs to be a queen or king (don't think hubby and I could survive a double).

The best I have come up with is Embassy Suites, 2 rooms, a king for myself and hubby and 2 doubles for 2 of the kids and the 3rd would have to sleep on one of the pull out sofas. Not trying to spend a fortune to just sleep but I'm guessing it's the time of year where costs will be on the high side.

Other ideas?

I know there are lots of threads here about Fort Lauderdale hotels and I have read many but I am going to ask for a suggestion from someone that has been there.

Here's my need.....

We are a family of 5, myself and hubby and our 3 adult children. We are flying in the day before our cruise on April 3, 2017. We need a hotel for 1 night and need to have 4 beds. I don't expect the kids to sleep together, 1 bed needs to be a queen or king (don't think hubby and I could survive a double).

The best I have come up with is Embassy Suites, 2 rooms, a king for myself and hubby and 2 doubles for 2 of the kids and the 3rd would have to sleep on one of the pull out sofas. Not trying to spend a fortune to just sleep but I'm guessing it's the time of year where costs will be on the high side.

Other ideas?

Can only reccomend a three bed villa at The Pillars to fully meet your requirements. It may be slightly more, but worth every dollar. Think of it a a great way to start your vacation, plus spoil them with style and in comfort.

Can only reccomend a three bed villa at The Pillars to fully meet your requirements. It may be slightly more, but worth every dollar. Think of it a a great way to start your vacation, plus spoil them with style and in comfort.

While I appreciate your suggestion it appears there is only 1 bed in each of the 3 bedrooms.

I would go with the Embassy Suites. The pullout couch is fine. It's only one night.

Keith

Thanks Keith!

I will probably just bite the bullet and book it once it becomes available. Just seems pricey for a place to sleep but I think it is probably our best option. Since breakfast is also included that adds a little value also.

It is the only hotel I have stayed at in my lone previous adventure. We also ate at Duffy's and I think it is well suited for my family for dinner.

Why am I making suck unnecessary stress on myself when I already probably have the right answer? :eek:

The one other option that I failed to mention is Gallery One has a 2 bedroom suite that would work for us too. It seems comparatively reasonably priced to the Embassy Suites. Same bedding, 1 king, 2 doubles and a pull out sofa.

I am confused.

A suite has either a king OR two doubles. Both have a pullout sofa.

Unless there is some room that doesn't show up on their website ( Presidential suite ? ) there is NO way that both a KING and two doubles will fit in the space.

Are you sure you have the right info ? I'm staying there ( again ) in August and may have others join me. If there is a room as you say I want that one! I love my friends but....:D

I am confused.

A suite has either a king OR two doubles. Both have a pullout sofa.

Unless there is some room that doesn't show up on their website ( Presidential suite ? ) there is NO way that both a KING and two doubles will fit in the space.

Are you sure you have the right info ? I'm staying there ( again ) in August and may have others join me. If there is a room as you say I want that one! I love my friends but....:D

Not sure which hotel you are referring to the Embassy Suites we would need 2 rooms, one a king and the other 2 doubles with the 5th person on a pull out sofa.

At the Gallery One there is a 2 bedroom/ 2 bathroom suite that has 1 king, 2 doubles and a pull out sofa.

So sorry!!! I thought you meant in one room.

Try the Hyatt Place just down the road and book through ValueTrips.

The rooms have similar setups, only a divider instead of a door between the beds and couch.

You should keep your Embassy Suites reservation until the other one is confirmed.

Also, you can book the rooms now and watch for price drops in the interim and cancel and rebook the cheaper rate.

As an example, we booked our cruise in Nov for this April. In Nov Embassy Suites was $208 per room (total of $230 with taxes) for Saturday, April 9, so I booked it. The room for one night upon return from cruise was only $132 (146 with tax) so I booked that room, too,

However, within a month prices crept into the 250-300 range.

In the interim, Hyatt Place which is right next store had shown as unavailable and then around $300, with prices now showing as approx $224-250. Prices can go all over the price with Ft Lauderdale

Ultimately, we've ended up canceling the Embassy Suites in favor of the Hyatt Place, since it is way more laid back AND we got the room using a combo of points , that we'd completely forgotten about, and $72. So we are now paying $72 to stay at Hyatt Place this APRIL 9. We also canceled ES upon return since we got a great Hotwire rate at the Riverside Hotel for $109 plus tax for $133 total.

You might also try Priceline Express Deals. You can pick a region and a star rating, and a mystery hotel's amenities are listed. You just won't know the name of the hotel until you pay for it. the good thing about PL Express is you can request two beds per room if you wish, and right now the PL Express rate is $140 per night $165 including taxes, for this April 17, and you could always bid for three rooms, which basically comes out to the Price of ONE Embassy Room for one night

I've learned a lot bidding using biddingfortravel.com

You have to wait until about 10 months out to bid, and the best deals are naturally gong to be closer to departure date when hotels want to unload their rooms or when Hotwire and PL wish to unload their inventory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

We've done the ES with our adult children (two rooms) and it worked out great..It's our go to hotel when we do a pre-cruise in Fort Lauderdale and enjoy eating at Duffy's.

BTW...I believe that you can't book Hyatt Place using valuetrips when you have that many in your group. I could be wrong though.

I've stayed at both. We had the 2 bedroom at Gallery One, but we only needed 1 room at Embassy. Both were good for a night or two. I liked the pre-cruise shopping at Publix being right behind the Embassy. Can from airport was maybe $20 to Embassy. We stayed at Gallery One after cruise and it was like $30 for can from there to airport. Gallery One was next door to a really nice mall and was right on the Water taxi line. If you have time to sightsee it might be worth it. If not I'd go Embassy. They have cocktail hour included and a decent hotel breakfast with fresh omelets

Check out Hyatt Place. Most book on valuetrips.com. Not sure if prices for then are listed on the site yet. But it does include breakfast, free shuttle from the airport and easy cab ride to the port. It is ALWAYS less costly than ES.

Gallery One will offer lots of room in the two bdrm units. Another good option.

We always stay at the Embassy. Nice 2 room suites, large breakfast area, never had to wait for a table, (includes great breakfast with made to order eggs). If you take the cruise package it includes shuttle from airport to hotel and shuttle from hotel to port Has always been very organized.

Have a wonderful cruise!