Changing rooms on a back-to-back second week

Hi guys,

We are hitting Diamond just in time for our honeymoon in July on Adventure and are excited to be Diamond for Harmony in November.

We almost always do back-to-back cruises, and this time is no exception. However, this time we are changing rooms on the second week from a balcony to a JS.

Can you please advise of how the B2B procedure is different when it involves a room change? In particular the luggage....

Thanks!

Speak to your stateroom attendants (old and new) to confirm.

You usually have to pack all your things that are not hanging in the closet. The stateroom attendant(s) will move your bags and hanging items to the new stateroom.

• 1 month later...

Here's my problem on this. Moving rooms on a b2b seems pretty simple and semi painless since you don't have to totally repack (and since you leave the hanging stuff out, suitcase space doesn't need to be maximized so a half packing job is probably ok and fast). Is it really that easy? We are looking to add a b2b onto an already booked cruise and to get the same room is significantly more money (think a couple hundred dollars a person). I know it's worth something to me, but not sure that much. But will I regret NOT just paying the extra???

I'm not a super high maintenance person and I travel fairly light.

Thanks.

Here's my problem on this. Moving rooms on a b2b seems pretty simple and semi painless since you don't have to totally repack (and since you leave the hanging stuff out, suitcase space doesn't need to be maximized so a half packing job is probably ok and fast). Is it really that easy? We are looking to add a b2b onto an already booked cruise and to get the same room is significantly more money (think a couple hundred dollars a person). I know it's worth something to me, but not sure that much. But will I regret NOT just paying the extra???

I'm not a super high maintenance person and I travel fairly light.

Thanks.

We've done many B2Bs and had to change rooms.As with you, it wasn't worth the several hundred dollars to stay in the same room. It is that easy, 15 minutes to pack up in the old cabin and 15 minutes to unpack in the new one.

Clothes and suitcases are the easy part. The safe! I don't want to carry it around and I don't want someone else to move it. So, we always contact the new stateroom attendant and arrange to place our stuff in the new safe even if the new room is not ready/cleaned. Things almost always go smoothly. On the very rare occasion that they don't, there is a person called a supervisor. Enough said.

We just did this for the first time(B2B), and we did change rooms. Yes it is that easy. Just talk to your stateroom attendant, she did everything. Hung up cloths in the new room, baggage waiting for us. Gave her an extra nice tip.

Personally, we always move ourselves. The stewards have enough to do on change round day and its also easier to remember where you have put everything (I'm sure the nail scissors are in that little drawer in the bathroom!:D). They will lend you a 'hotel' trolley to hang your clothes on...its dead easy. As said, go and find your new steward a few days before change over and ask them to do your new room first so you can move in. We once changed from balcony to JS because we spotted the JS was £500 cheaper than the balcony...no brainer!

Simon

I echo others: Yes, it really is that easy.

When I have to move (I prefer the same cabin but it's not always possible), I try to have the cabins be as close as possible. If they are on the same corridor, I move myself. I have always been a "It's easier to do everything myself" kind of person. :)

(But I REALLY prefer not changing! ;) )

We always do b2b's and 99% of the time we get the same room for both cruises. On a few we have had to change rooms. For me its a no-brainer, easy and takes less that 30 minutes. My wife hates it (she has more stuff!) but only hates it until the change is complete, then loves the fact that we aren't heading to the airport to go home!

CptSticky, just wanted to say hello. We have cruised with you and your wife many times and have enjoyed some great conversation in the CL, etc. Hope to cross paths again soon. What is your next cruise? We are doing b2b2b on Allure in August.

Clothes and suitcases are the easy part. The safe! I don't want to carry it around and I don't want someone else to move it. So, we always contact the new stateroom attendant and arrange to place our stuff in the new safe even if the new room is not ready/cleaned. Things almost always go smoothly. On the very rare occasion that they don't, there is a person called a supervisor. Enough said.

We are getting ready to do a back -back in June - Fjords and then Baltic Capitals and are you saying we do not have to totally pack up suitcases and lock them up?

We are getting ready to do a back -back in June - Fjords and then Baltic Capitals and are you saying we do not have to totally pack up suitcases and lock them up?

That's right. Just pack things enough so you (or the stewards) can move them. Hanging stuff can go on the hangers. Also, as you are obviously in Europe, you won't have to do the stupid 'get off and get on again' that you do in US ports to go through immigration. Your new seapass cards should turn up the night before your secong cruise. Don't forget to check your bill for the first cruise (like you would normally) as both cruises are treated totally seperate.

Simon

Thanks so much for the info. I didn't even think to ask if we needed to get of the ship in-between cruises! Its great to know we can relax a bit because we have a very busy itinerary for both cruises! Thanks

CptSticky, just wanted to say hello. We have cruised with you and your wife many times and have enjoyed some great conversation in the CL, etc. Hope to cross paths again soon. What is your next cruise? We are doing b2b2b on Allure in August.

Next up is B3B on EX/Pacific Coastal in Sept.