Policy on baby formula - sealed?

jplee3

Hey all,

I was wondering if RCCL has any explicit and strict policies around bringing baby formula or cereal on board. Our travel agent is pretty insistent that we can only bring sealed/unopened baby formula onboard.

Does anyone have any recent experience bringing unsealed formula on? Will they allow it or not?

Edited by jplee3

FWIW I just called the RCCL number and confirmed that they won't care if it's sealed or not. They may check the contents but otherwise it's not a big deal.

Thanks for reporting back, I'm sure others will benefit from this info.:)

Are you bringing powdered formula ? If so and depending on the age of your baby you also might want to bring nursery water if that's something you normally use...if not then..whatever works for your little one.

On our last cruise on the Mariner last Dec 2015, we had both sealed and unsealed powdered formula milk on our carry on and luggage. We even brought ice packs and breast milk stored in a cooler. No problems encountered.

• 3 years later...

Hate to bump such an old thread, but my wife and I are taking a cruise in May with our 9 month old and we’re thinking about bringing little prepackaged bottles of formula that are premade and ready to go. This way we don’t have to bring a ton of powdered formula and need to constantly worry about mixing and making the bottles. 

My question - do these little premade formulas count against the number of pre-packaged non-alcoholic beverages we can bring? I think I read the limit is something like 12? We’d certainly want to bring more. 

Edited by dslucas

Just now, dslucas said:

Hate to bump such an old thread, but my wife and I are taking a cruise in May with our 9 month old and we’re thinking about bringing little prepackaged bottles of formula that are premade and ready to go. This way we don’t have to bring a ton of powdered formula and need to constantly worry about mixing and making the bottles. 

My question - do three little premade formulas count against the number of pre-packaged non-alcoholic beverages we can bring? I think I read the limit is something like 12? We’d certainly want to bring more. 

They do not count against your 12 bottles  water or soda  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dslucas said:

My question - do these little premade formulas count against the number of pre-packaged non-alcoholic beverages we can bring? I think I read the limit is something like 12? We’d certainly want to bring more. 

No...these are considered a "special needs" item...and you can bring as many as you think you will need.