Any PARTY bars / hotspots in K.W?

Cool Cruzer

Hi there!! Our ship..Rhapsody will be in port next year January sometimes after 1st of the year..Jan 10, I believe. Are there any PARTY bars/hotspots in K.W. that we could go to? I like to party until the cows go home. Not meanin to get drunk and everything..but to have a REALLY good time.

Any one know of a really good worthwhile place? Cover charge? What kinda scnery/atmosphere is it? Thanks!!

Key West is a sleepy little place at land's end. I'm not sure they have bars, but many lemonade stands. Average age of locals is about 85. Sidewalks are safely rolled up by sundown. Yep, a pure retirement community with cats and chickens. ;)

Yeah, ever since the Mormons bought up the island, the place has gone dry. Except of course for the underground speakeasys. Keep an ear out for Sloppy Joes, Hogs Breath, Green Parrot, Schooner Whart, Conch Republic, and Margarittaville. Use the codeword "swizel stick" to get past the guards. :p

Be sure to check out Adrian at Bare Buttom's Beach Bar it is across from Irish Kevins. Adrian used to play at Irish Kevins but unfortunately for the folks joking on this thread it may come to that. We were just in Key West on Sept 30th for my DH's b-day and

Kevin sold Irish Kevins and Adrian had to leave b/c they thought his show was too dirty (no nudity or anything but language and content..not good for kids). Anyway he is really good and funny we have seen him every year for 7 years. He plays from 1 to 5. They have excellent drink specials two for ones and a good deal on beer.

Ask him to play "Roll your Leg over" or "If you've never been out on a Saturday night".

Also check out Pete and Wayne at Sloppy Joes...pretty funny too!

Interesting about Irish Kevins - thanks for the tip. we always seem to go there for the craziness (all in good fun of course)

Of course, aren't all the bars closed in January for the AARP convention? I don't think Cool will be able to find anywhere to play. I'll be there in 40 some odd days so I will be happy to make it a scouting mission for you, Cool.

All right Kool.... gotta ask.... where in the world do you live that made you ask that question? That is like asking 'Can you gamble in Las Vegas?'

I'm just teasing :D , but KW is such a cool place it is hard to pick one great bar. Every one has it's own personality.

Hi there!! Our ship..Rhapsody will be in port next year January sometimes after 1st of the year..Jan 10, I believe. Are there any PARTY bars/hotspots in K.W. that we could go to? I like to party until the cows go home. Not meanin to get drunk and everything..but to have a REALLY good time.

Any one know of a really good worthwhile place? Cover charge? What kinda scnery/atmosphere is it? Thanks!!

My Mom lives in KW, i get down there about twice a year.

I've never heard of KW as a retirement town as listed in some of these posts. January will be a quiet time though. Walk up and down Duvall street there are bars every other store pretty much. Willy T's is nice, Sloppy Joes is a classic, Green parrot for Great music. Be sure to check out the sunset festival if you can

Have fun

WolfGang and the rest of you folks :

If ya must know..I live up in good ol Kansas City, Missouri. Yeah WolfGang..I'd like a report of your scouting mission. It'd be greatly appreciated. The wife and I...when we go on vacation..we GO TO TOWN!! We like to uhmm..PARTAY until the cows go home. We dont do that around here, cuz we've been to them all.

We're just looking for a hot spot something similiar to Carlos n Charlies...Senor Frogs which we will be finding in Cozumel. From what every one is sayin...I think we will DEFINATELY pay a visit to Sloppy Joes, Hogs Breath for sure. Any one else have any ideas or know of a happening place?

If you ever came to Kansas City..I'd steer you into the WestPort/Plaza area. It has everything...for the wealthy and not wealthy..and everybody else. Altho therw was this bar called "Evolution". Best dang place you can go to have FUN and then some! *Wink* Neighbors didn't like the bar scene I guess..and it closed down through the City Counsel. Party poopers!

Keep them ideas coming!!

Cool - add Irish Kevin's to your definite list. Here is my own personal Duval Crawl based on past experience.

Schooner Wharf Bar

Hogs Breath

Captain Tony's

Sloppy Joes

Bull & Whistle

Irish Kevins

Lazy Gecko

Margaritaville

Not all of these are on Duval but they are close. Some are laid back, some are high energy but they all have a nice vibe we like.

keywest.com has some good info and a couple of webcams to give you an idea of what they are about.

I would avoid Hog's Breath. It's a rip-off. The beer is terrible. If you read the label closely, it is mass-produced in Pittsburgh. Across the street is a micro-brew (can't remember the name) that makes a selection of its own stuff. Far superior.

My daughter will be days away from her 21st birthday when our ship stops in Key West. How conservative are those "retirees" who work in the above named watering holes? Would she be able to get in? If she wants something more than "lemonade" to drink would she be able to be served something like an alcoholic beverage?;)

• 1 month later...
Hey Wolfgang...any updates? Did you go do the look/evaluation for me? I'm still lookin to go do Hogs Breath and others. I wanna make it a PARTAY for me on my vacation. Any one else to chip in and give updates?

Thanks!!

No updates yet...our ship does not sail until Sunday!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived