Carnival Pride

I checked at 5 am and ship tracker shows her just about to enter the bay at the bay bridge tunnel complex. Figuring about 8 hours to travel the bay....what time is everybody planning on getting to the pier?

tHank YOU!!!!!

You are welcome. She is moving pretty slow 😞 However, she is one of my favorite ships and I would not mind a few days at sea relaxing. I hope they resolve the issue soon and that you are able to enjoy your cruise. Likely I will see her as she sails by here again in the morning. It is usually midnight on her return to Baltimore, and close to the same on her way out.

Sad that this ships were made to go GREAT distances in less time, as well as fit through the Panama Canal, and they tend to end up limping around.

And are hardly used for its two main purposes.

We had one broken azipod on the Miracle in its premier year.

Sad that this ships were made to go GREAT distances in less time, as well as fit through the Panama Canal, and they tend to end up limping around.

And are hardly used for its two main purposes.

We had one broken azipod on the Miracle in its premier year.

Azipods have proven to problematic. Cruise ship engines are almost always in use, 7 days a week and 365 days a year. Stuff happens, they work fine the vast majority of time.

Saw this on FB

Carnival Pride delayed do to propostion problems scheduled to be alongside baltimore at 6pm tomorrow, it will strt boarding at 8-10pm. Will miss grand turk on next voyage.

I know this is so frustrating for you upcoming cruisers. I don't know what a proposition problem is? Fill us in please. :(

Will be thinking about all of you on this day of not knowing and waiting. Hope you will be enjoying the cruise ASAP! :cool:

My girl friends mom is on the ship now and texting us. The current journey has been horrible. Ship was leaning very bad and is limping along. It's being helped (assuming tug boats) back to Baltimore now. I would not count on this going out anytime today or tomorrow.

CM1984, the OP meant propulsion problems, not proposition problems. I assume it was an autocorrect-typo issue.

Marinetraffic has Pride still in the Virginia part of the Bay, just north of Eastville, still south of Exmore!:eek: She must be limping along very slowly.

What is her current speed in the Bay? Ship always clocks a few knots slower in the bay.

Can't help but think if it was really this bad CCL wouldn't have just cancelled the next voyage. I'm assuming Baltimore port has the ability to do some underwater exploring once docked?

Edited by HamSammie

I would be checking with the cruise line and consider your options. Not sounding good from my friends mother that is onboard now.

I wouldn't. I'd wait for something formal from CCL. CCL support won't be helpful until they make an official announcement.

What is her current speed in the Bay? Ship always clocks a few knots slower in the bay.

Can't help but think if it was really this bad CCL wouldn't have just sit cancelled the next voyage? I'm assuming Baltimore port has the ability to do some underwater exploring once docked?

My tracking is showing 15.1 knots