What is the best carnival gift card discount

roultjm

thank you firemanbobswife. so, no fees incurred to decrease the 20% off benefit? sorry, im not that familiar with buying on ebay or using paypal. your input is much appreciated.

Nope. No fees! Got 2 the last time and some the times before that as well. Impatiently waiting for more :)

Make sure to have your PayPal account set up ahead of time. When they are available, the system bogs down and it will be next to impossible to get taken care of then.

i have a question about the ebay flash sale. i tried to help my dad buy a carnival gift card the last time i read here about the flash sale. first there was nothing that said they were on sale. i fugured it would show up at checkout and second my dad said he would be charged both from ebay and from paypal for the transaction. so we never bought them. i'm hoping to be more informed the next time. would anyone who has done this please help answer this. tia :)

In addition to what firemanbobswife said, the total you get before completing your order will be what you authorize PayPal to pay so you won't be charged anything else. If there is any shipping or anything it will show in the total so if something looks off, double check the order. Just make sure the total before completing the order is correct and you're good to go.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

How many gift cards can you buy with ebay? Can they be applied to my cruise fare if I buy pack and go (pay in full at time of booking)?

The coupon code sometimes have a limit of 1 or 2 per PayPal account. I was able to use it for my regular booking as its used like a normal gift card so I don't see any reason you couldn't use it for "pack & go".

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yeah they require points but honestly I don't even use that card that much and I have wayyyy more points than it costs to get the discounted gift cards. It costs 10 points to get a $100 Carnival gift card for $90 and I have like 1700 or something

If anyone has an Amazon GC balance or Amazon GC you can now use them to buy a carnival GC (or any GC they sell) on Amazon

Really? That's good news! I can buy amazon gift cards at office supply stores and get 5x points on my credit card, then buy Carnival gift cards with those on Amazon.

Really? That's good news! I can buy amazon gift cards at office supply stores and get 5x points on my credit card, then buy Carnival gift cards with those on Amazon.

ok,

Which card gives you 5x points at office supply stores?

ok,

Which card gives you 5x points at office supply stores?

Chase Ink+, a chase business card.

I think most people that get this card consider "selling stuff on ebay" a business and get approved for the card. Chase doesn't seem to care.

Wouldn't that be the same as just using your Amazon Store Card and saving 5% by buying the Carnival Gift Cards through Amazon? I like the fact that they take the 5% off the statement. But if you don't have the Store Card (which is super easy to get) then that makes sense.

Of course I like the other deals better like eBay but it's better than paying full price.

Chase Ink+, a chase business card.

I think most people that get this card consider "selling stuff on ebay" a business and get approved for the card. Chase doesn't seem to care.

Correct, any of the Chase Ink varieties. I have the Chase Ink Classic, which is the no annual fee version, but I don't know for sure that it's still available. I rack up hundreds

I have a legit business though the record... not selling through ebay. :cool:

Wouldn't that be the same as just using your Amazon Store Card and saving 5% by buying the Carnival Gift Cards through Amazon? I like the fact that they take the 5% off the statement. But if you don't have the Store Card (which is super easy to get) then that makes sense.

Of course I like the other deals better like eBay but it's better than paying full price.

Depends on how you redeem the points. Chase UR points can be transferred to travel partners, so I can convert them to other points (like United or Hyatt) and get closer to a 1.8 cents average valuation out of them. Makes the total "savings" closer to 9%.

Still not as good as combining it with 4x Fuel Points from Kroger as I stated above, but at least this redemption is available year round.

Depends on how you redeem the points. Chase UR points can be transferred to travel partners, so I can convert them to other points (like United or Hyatt) and get closer to a 1.8 cents average valuation out of them. Makes the total "savings" closer to 9%.

Still not as good as combining it with 4x Fuel Points from Kroger as I stated above, but at least this redemption is available year round.

Makes sense. That's one of the few cards I don't have so I wasn't familiar with their reward program.

• 3 weeks later...

Just happened to come across this thread. Thanks to OP for posting question as I had no idea discounted gift cards were out there somewhere. And particularly as I have only used eBay a couple of times.

I am cruising summer 2017 and hoping I can catch a few of these deals between now and then.

Can you on pay via PayPal?

Just happened to come across this thread. Thanks to OP for posting question as I had no idea discounted gift cards were out there somewhere. And particularly as I have only used eBay a couple of times.

I am cruising summer 2017 and hoping I can catch a few of these deals between now and then.

Can you on pay via PayPal?

Yes. Actually for the flash sales through eBay you must check out using PayPal.

If the 8% eBay bucks deal interests you, check your email and make sure you got the invitation then click it. I ordered my GC through PayPal Digital Gifts this afternoon and already have it in my email.

Publix had $15 off a $100 card with a $50 grocery purchase before Christmas, but that's the one and only time I have seen that sale.

I wish they would bring it back!

Hey suzycruiser2 it's back at Publix until 5/6/16 :)

There is a coupon in the purple flyer (not the regular weekly ad, but the health and beauty purple flyer) with all the sale ads in the front of the Publix stores. The details are:

$15.00 off With the Purchase of $150 in Carnival® Gift Cards And $50 in Groceries.

Limit one deal per coupon. Subject to availability. See gift cards for details, terms and conditions. Original coupon and single transaction for at least $50 of groceries required, excluding alcohol, tobacco, lottery items, money services, postage stamps, phone, and gift cards, and prescriptions. Publix accepts only one minimum purchase coupon for every minimum grocery purchase, meaning minimum purchase coupons cannot be combined. Customer is responsible for all applicable taxes. Reproduction or transfer of this coupon is strictly prohibited. All trademarks are property of their respective owners. The gift cards featured are not sponsors or otherwise affiliated with this company. Offer good through 5/6/16 at all Publix locations. Coupon valid April 23 - May 6, 2016. LU #14027

I echo what everyone else has said: The eBay flash sales are the best, I get a $100 gift card for $85. I've got 2 so far. Keep in mind that when these sales happen, both eBay and Paypal get overloaded and sometimes you get error messages, just keep typing the code and trying, and you should get it eventually.

Besides that, I also get 10% off at Verizon/AARP/Citi -- I buy a couple every few months ... I have my next two cruises already paid for (10/2016 & 2/2017) with these gift cards ...

cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

You can use the carnival gift cards from Verizon to pay off your balance right? I know the RC ones are only used to book, not to pay balances. I need to make a big payment, I should get these