Le Galion Beach

l2f

Read over on sister site that someone visited LeGalion in April and stated there were "a tractor raking the sand the entire time they were there" doing work on the beach and a crew cutting trees.

Not questioning this was or wasn't happening just trying to find out if the work is complete.

Does anyone know or have recently visited can say if this work is complete?

Thanks

I wonder if the seaweed scourge hit Le Galion, calling for the raking. In previous years the other Atlantic facing beaches needed raking but Le Galion had seem unaffected.

Crew cutting trees sounds like general maintanence at this time of year to me and I would not be concerned myself.

I believe we still will go, ask the taxi to wait a minute to check it out, them when we see everything is fine, let the taxi go.

Just hope we have better (or faster) luck on the pick up taxi.

I believe we still will go, ask the taxi to wait a minute to check it out, them when we see everything is fine, let the taxi go.

Just hope we have better (or faster) luck on the pick up taxi.

Are you going to be in St. Maarten soon?

How far of a drive is it to Le Galion ? How much is the cab ? And does anyone have any pictures?

Sounds like a great place since we have two little ones but kinda scared about getting a cab back.

We did not purchase anything from the restaurant. However when we first arrived I went to the restaurant to pay for the umbrella and chairs we rental. The gentleman thanked me for coming up but said he would come down to us shortly.

The same gentleman came down the beach for us to pay for umbrella and chairs. This was the same person who we inquired about the taxi with each time.

Never really thought about us not using the restaurant, but I guess anything is possible.

How far of a drive is it to Le Galion ? How much is the cab ? And does anyone have any pictures?

Sounds like a great place since we have two little ones but kinda scared about getting a cab back.

Probably about 20 minutes from the pier and about $7/8 per person. If you are thinking about stopping anywhere else on the island, you might consider renting a car for the day - probably $60/70.

If you don't see a taxi dropping someone off when you are ready to leave, you can ask the people at the beach restaurant/bar to call one for you.

Yes late this month.

Just in case it hasn't been mentioned on Mondays in low season the restaurant is closed so it's important to secure a ride back to the ship in advance. One good thing about Le Galion though is that it's just off the main road that goes to Orient so worse case scenerio you just walk back to that road ( maybe 5 minutes) and flag down a taxi there. Have fun:)

Just in case it hasn't been mentioned on Mondays in low season the restaurant is closed so it's important to secure a ride back to the ship in advance. One good thing about Le Galion though is that it's just off the main road that goes to Orient so worse case scenerio you just walk back to that road ( maybe 5 minutes) and flag down a taxi there. Have fun:)

Thanks for the info. Fortunately it isn't a Monday.