!! Oasis !! 9 Days Medley Cruise ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

I absolutely love that place, glad to know that others are seeing the value of the venue.

First - thank you for this fabulous review. We are going on Oasis this Fall - can't wait!

Second - is there an age limit to eat in Vintages? I know I would enjoy it but wonder if my 12 you dd would be allowed?

Would you believe if I told you that this time around I did not have one hot dog =(.

How come they don't offer Colombian hot dogs :confused:

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%203-499_zpscldsimpf.jpg

What? No relish? I must have relish for my hot dog! Dang!

Loving the review, as always!

Gambee - Excellent, Excellent review and great photos. Your photos are amazing. I purchased a Sony NEX 3N after reading one of your reviews a while back. Still can't take good photos like you do (LoL. After being on Oasis a couple of times, it's nice to see her again through your review. Also, thanks for sharing the details about some of those paths in Labadee. Next time I go there, I will have to check out those locations. I had to laugh when I read your story about room service as that has happened to us a few time as well.

Congrats on your success and recent Citizenship.

Looking forward to the rest of your great review as always.

Added to my Oasis "to do" list today . Go way down past the sun beds on Adrenaline Beach. Walk the path at the base of the zipline on Labadee. :D

Would you please stop telling everyone about deck 5 aft? Can't we just keep that little secret between us? I am looking forward to some quality wake viewing and sailaway time there, but now I'm afraid it will be packed! :eek:

I don't know yet if we will be eating in Chops on Oasis, but we will on our upcoming Freedom cruise. Between you and A&L ONT, I think we are going to have to try the thick bacon. My waistline thanks you both. NOT! ;)

I'm making a note of your May 7 cruise on NC L, but I may not get to that review until after we get back from our Freedom OTS cruise on May 29. By the time you get back and get your review under way, I will be totally caught up in my own pre cruise preparation so I probably will not have as much time to spend reading as I do right now. I do promise to hunt you down and read the whole review when we get back, though. It willl help me get through the cruise withdrawal I'm sure I will have at that point.

Agreed, what a beautiful comment. I always get a little emotional when a cruise ends that my mother and I are on together since we live so far apart.

Hopefully one day I'll be on a cruise with Gambee, Gambee's mom and my mom.

I actually feel the same way. And we live ony 10 minutes part. I really miss our early morning cruise routine when it is over.

Waking up I noticed that the ship had slowed down quite a bit. Mom said the night before she had tried to go outside on the lido deck, but the wind almost knocked her down. My guess is that they went as fast as possible at night, so in the day it was less windy and more comfortable for the guests.

We were due to Arrive in San Juan @ around 2pm. OOOOOOoooooo, did I mention this was the very first time that an Oasis class ship stopped in San Juan Ever!!!! It was a momentous occasion, and one that mom and I would be a part of! How cool is that?

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-2_zpsqrpek6f8.jpg

I guess I have not talked much about our cruise director Drew, and the activities coordinator Hugo. Drew was good, but systematic. Then again, I could not imagine doing that job if he was not systematic. There has to be a script to follow, and he goes with that. Hugo to the right was good, but extremely goofy. He seemed to talk little with his mouth, but plenty with his hands. I am sure he is very personable, and I wish I was a sociable as he is, but through the distance was just hard to read him. As I have stated before, it takes a special people to perform these jobs, and to them I bow. They start @7am and go past 1130pm, with the aid of no adult incentives(well at least none that I am aware of :D). To that I have nothing to critique, these guys have truly hard jobs.

Hugo(right) had his hair done that day, LoL. Drew kept making fun of it. That is not his normal hair due.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-4_zpsackqtttv.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-5_zpsjkupmnwo.jpg

Our room in the morning.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-6_zpsfyfzzglr.jpg

Once again, I took another Emergan-C, my throat was not feeling right. I had enough of them smoking!

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-7_zpsddkanxq9.jpg

Excellent weather as you as you can see.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-8_zpsqwrmu8nj.jpg

As I was reading the Compass I noticed that they had the a Mass going on. I quickly told mom to get ready so she would not miss it. Religion is sort of a touchy subject. I have really tried to stay in touch with my roots, but it is truly hard when my religion shuns me for who I am. I am catholic, and I will die catholic, that will never change. God has been incredibly good to me, and for that I am infinitely grateful. It is just hard to justify the words of so many priests that hurt me deeply. It is much like a good friend of mine who is a Mormon, and he has a blog about being gay and Mormon. This is something that we deeply struggle with, we too want spiritual peace, it is just so hard to see so much hate coming from most religions for who we are. Yet we try to stand for ourselves, while maintaining a connection to God. Anyway, as for myself, I have found my connection to God in which he understands who I am, and knows that I love him deeply. But I rarely go to mass.

Enough of my blabbering, here is mom going into mass. I dropped her off at Dazzles.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-12_zpshaqlub7k.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-11_zpsv7iluaod.jpg

Edited by gambee

After dropping her off, I decided to go put a complaint about our smoking neighbors. It had really become annoying that we could not even leave the balcony door for a few minutes because the smoke would go in the room. These people must of been smoking about a pack each. Her voice was so deep that it almost sounded male, like I said I felt bad for the child.

This is where RCCL policy becomes tricky, it is said that they will fine you $250 for cleaning if you’re smoking in your room. Well, I won’t get ahead of myself, lets let the story evolve as it went. So I went to guest service and told there that I really wanted no issues with them, and I did not want them to know it was us. I was told they would be a check up on them and give them a warning. My thought is after the warning they would stop doing it…. They took my report, and told me that security would be there promptly. I took her word for it and left.

I was quite hungry, but I decided to wait for mom to finish mass to go eat. it was actually a long mass, almost one hour. After that she came back to the room and we went to Jonny Rockets for breakfast, FYI, it is free at this time.

I love his Art!

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-24_zpsxqq5wnju.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-25_zps06kzd1p8.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-26_zpscoan5idq.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-27_zpstgy1rjfh.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-28_zpsd0qg06zv.jpg

Mom was telling me about the priest and how he travels a lot to give his Mass and such.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-39_zpsdmghauaw.jpg

We were making our plans for that day.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-40_zpsjjbondr0.jpg

The silverware was a bit dirty, no big deal, just pointing it out. You guys know how easy I am with things like this. I just told mom to grab mine.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-41_zps0ffqzqct.jpg

I said it in my Allure review and I will say it again, I LOVE THIS PLACE. IT IS A NOT MISS!!!

Everything was super tasty. Moms'

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-42_zps8hbqfc8k.jpg

Everything tasted freshly made! Mine.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-43_zps7ixlekvp.jpg

After that we went to the Solarium to rest while we sailed into San Juan

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-53_zpsdzynbncw.jpg

It was a late quiet morning. I guess most people partied late the night before.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-54_zps235gqkc5.jpg

I also found out a great way to make mom walk faster. I would ask to get a picture for her so she could send to the family, then I would hold her phone and walk fast. She would walk super fast trying to catch up with me to get her phone back, and whala! You have a fast walking mom. I know, I know, Karma is a bitch, but hey it worked at that time =)

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-51_zps1ampacaz.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-55_zpsuiknbs03.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-56_zpsjgw2gb44.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-57_zpsm1cq1qov.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-58_zpsoo1zqrwq.jpg

The Solarium was slow that morning, most people slept in waiting for the port day. Only us morning gals were up and running, from what? I have no clue… U tell me. It is beyond me why I can't seem to sleep past 7:30 when I am cruising.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-59_zpsfc0afuev.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-60_zpsr4yr8epv.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-61_zpsggsvchfs.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-62_zpsnwclagdn.jpg