Riviera new thread : Happy hour and cocktails Ect.

iamkingofall

oder a a coupl'a of grey goose maritnis, and 2 glasses of wine and maybe an after dinner port..and you'r pushing over $100. with tip... Hardly a liquor pig and running back and forth to a stash ones cabin to guzzel before returning to socialize dosent sound all that fun.... sounds hectic.

When you can get the regular package as part of O life, all you have to add is $20 pp/pd/ its the best value you can receive from a pure dollar point of view

Economy is way better than a coupla of tours or $500 spending OBC. I thought like you.... and then tried it and was amazed at the savings....and the rexlation of not having to be somewhere at some at some time when I just wanted to take in the sunset......

Your call

Let me say this . 2 for 1 is a good thing .But cocktails , beer Ect. run $7.00 plus .If you drink in Manhattan N.Y. Your used to this . So 2 for 1 is decent , but an hour every night doesn't really wet my whistle . :rolleyes: As it's been said , if you spring the , I don't know , $55 a day PP ? For the package , you don't care . But I would rather use an onboard credit and pay for it as I go . And I don't think you can take the package day by day . The remainder of your cruise may be offered for the 10 , 9 , remaining days left on the cruise as they want to get the money out of you while they can . If your a liquor pig , by all means take the package . But I usually have a stash back at the homestead , and there are some stops along the way . Me , sober as a judge ? Don't count on it . :eek::eek:

Try $11 for well *$8 for beer and 18-20 for a call drink with tip.

$7 is a drink price in Barstow at Appelbys or Yuma at Chilies . not NY..... I just got r back from Chicago and $14-16 was the going price in the loop.......

Try $11 for well *$8 for beer and 18-20 for a call drink with tip.

$7 is a drink price in Barstow at Appelbys or Yuma at Chilies . not NY..... I just got r back from Chicago and $14-16 was the going price in the loop.......

Yeah , it gets expensive . We can still get drinks in normal restaurants and bars here for less than $7 or 8 . $6 or $7 for a 16 oz draft beer is not hard to find .I still can't figure what this O life rig a ma roll is .They keep spouting off about $20 PP , but I think that's for a premium upgrade . Aren't you paying $40 ,$50 a day PP ? for just the basic . I really don't care to do it .I'll get by . I have my methods . And I rarely use a shot glass .

Edited by iamkingofall

Prestige Select

Unlimited premium spirits, Champagne, wine and beer wherever and whenever you wish

from $59.95 per day

•House Select

Unlimited Champagne, wine and beer with lunch and dinner

from $39.95 per day

So 14 days X $60 ( you can keep the nickel , and by yourself something real nice ) . $840 PP . $1680 for a couple .And if you drink yourself sick and skip a day or two .I don't know , I wouldn't do it .

Prestige Select

Unlimited premium spirits, Champagne, wine and beer wherever and whenever you wish

from $59.95 per day

•House Select

Unlimited Champagne, wine and beer with lunch and dinner

from $39.95 per day

So 14 days X $60 ( you can keep the nickel , and by yourself something real nice ) . $840 PP . $1680 for a couple .And if you drink yourself sick and skip a day or two .I don't know , I wouldn't do it .

Yes, but, one of the options on the O life is a House Select drink package, and for $20 per person, per day, you can upgrade to the Premium.

This comes as a promo, you don't have to spend extra money. The other options, depending on the length of the cruise, would be 4 or 5 shore excursions per person, or OBC, which on my 17 day cruise is $500 per person.

I'm still trying to decide what to do, for us the Shore excursions do have real value, but the OBC really doesn't if we would use it for either Shore excursions or drinks on board. We've got enough stuff from the boutiques, any jewelry my wife would want wouldn't be covered by $1000 OBC and we really don't do spa treatments. We also don't drink enough fancy wine to make that an option to spend it on.

Yes, but, one of the options on the O life is a House Select drink package, and for $20 per person, per day, you can upgrade to the Premium.

This comes as a promo, you don't have to spend extra money. The other options, depending on the length of the cruise, would be 4 or 5 shore excursions per person, or OBC, which on my 17 day cruise is $500 per person.

I'm still trying to decide what to do, for us the Shore excursions do have real value, but the OBC really doesn't if we would use it for either Shore excursions or drinks on board. We've got enough stuff from the boutiques, any jewelry my wife would want wouldn't be covered by $1000 OBC and we really don't do spa treatments. We also don't drink enough fancy wine to make that an option to spend it on.

Well looks like you have a $1000 gift horse . I guess my point is , unless you take the full $59.95 , you only get the drinks at lunch and dinner in the dining rooms . And no liquor . I don't think I would be drinking all that every day .They may offer it for part of the cruise once onboard . But your booked , you use your OBC or leave it lay . The excursions through the line have had mixed reviews as far as price and value . But you would have to spend your own cash to hire help on shore . Myself , the excursions require you to get off your duff on time in the mornings and move . I'm pretty much of a beached whale on these things .Nice to see the ports , but I can do without .So looks to me like you best drink up .One way or another . :D

Edited by iamkingofall
I'm a thinkin feller

prepaid gratuities and at the min 300-400 obc. O's shore ex are over the top expensive so its inflated value. Getting a $400 OBC as an O choice for a 14 day cruise is short change You can get the basic package for drinks as a freebe worth $560...then for 20pp/pd you have unlimited prem drinks. So for $20 a day you can drink as much or as hifh a quality Like Hendricks, Saphire, Grey Goose, and stuff thats 20 a 0z shot...

( 2 glasses of wine) a cham + a nice chard and an after dinner port will set you back over $60 with tip....

Hey, I was just like you, thinking how can I possibly drink enough to make it pay... and what a waste.... However, I was way wrong....and I mean WAY wrong... I found as a lite drinker I more than made out... without pounding them down. You will find O has short pours, and many order doubles to make up ( you mention you dont measure so you are proably used to stiff drinks...you wont find em' on O unless you order doubles..I and I have seen folks order a tripple.... not me) Any way I kept a record for fun and without going crazy you could easily break $100 a day pp ....I mean easily with out being even remotely compromised....

Your call....but I would take notes if you dont and see what really happens

I am trying to figure out what to do with this as well. I have $1100.00 worth of on board credit for an 11 day cruise. I was thinking that I would buy 11 bottles of wine from the wine package at about $50.00 per bottle. That gets us through dinner and a possible glass of wine for me at lunch. I think that is still enough left over for 1 other drink per day for each of us. That's about all we drink and we will be off the boat for lunch on most days. Still thinking. Thoughts welcome.

prepaid gratuities and at the min 300-400 obc. O's shore ex are over the top expensive so its inflated value. Getting a $400 OBC as an O choice for a 14 day cruise is short change You can get the basic package for drinks as a freebe worth $560...then for 20pp/pd you have unlimited prem drinks. So for $20 a day you can drink as much or as hifh a quality Like Hendricks, Saphire, Grey Goose, and stuff thats 20 a 0z shot...

( 2 glasses of wine) a cham + a nice chard and an after dinner port will set you back over $60 with tip....

Hey, I was just like you, thinking how can I possibly drink enough to make it pay... and what a waste.... However, I was way wrong....and I mean WAY wrong... I found as a lite drinker I more than made out... without pounding them down. You will find O has short pours, and many order doubles to make up ( you mention you dont measure so you are proably used to stiff drinks...you wont find em' on O unless you order doubles..I and I have seen folks order a tripple.... not me) Any way I kept a record for fun and without going crazy you could easily break $100 a day pp ....I mean easily with out being even remotely compromised....

Your call....but I would take notes if you dont and see what really happens

OK , OK you win . I've finally got it .You straightened me out . If you get the basic package as a freebie , then cough up the $20 PP . Trouble was when this trip was booked we were not offered a drink package .We did get the gratuities , free internet , and then could get up to four excursions . She didn't book this until about the very end of DEC. No OBC at all for us .Internet , to me is real important . So I was spouting off as if I had OBC , but that was because a lot of the posters did have it . So I can see what your saying now . If you hit somebody hard enough in the head , they sometimes get cracks in their skull . Sitting in the Jersey Airport reading this .Flew most the night from SFO . O set us up unbelievably cheap on the airfare , but the routing kind of stinks . Miami bound in another two hours .

Edited by iamkingofall

There were really quite a few very nice Asians. I know there was a huge group from Toronto. Perhaps some were from Asia as well. Very polite and nice. I am not sure if they were also on the cruise before as I know that Orv was on that one too. Nice travelers.