UDP on Escape as of Spring 2016

juksing

I am sorry for asking this as this topic has been beaten into the ground but I have dug through all the previous posts and the info is somewhat conflicted.

We booked our upcoming cruise this summer way back in March 2015 when the freebie offer was UDP for all passengers in the cabin and this is properly reflected in MyNCL. My question is what is the discount/up charge specifically for Bayamo, Food Republic and Pinchas Tapas when you are dining under UDP? Some earlier posters linked to a FAQ (says 25% discount) which I am pretty sure is outdated and some folks have said NCL are treating UDP same as SDP (a set upcharge) as the UDP doesn't even exist anymore for new purchase. So just want to update the feedback regarding the UDP and those 3 special restaurants from recent cruisers. Thanks and sorry for asking his again.

I am sorry for asking this as this topic has been beaten into the ground but I have dug through all the previous posts and the info is somewhat conflicted.

We booked our upcoming cruise this summer way back in March 2015 when the freebie offer was UDP for all passengers in the cabin and this is properly reflected in MyNCL. My question is what is the discount/up charge specifically for Bayamo, Food Republic and Pinchas Tapas when you are dining under UDP? Some earlier posters linked to a FAQ (says 25% discount) which I am pretty sure is outdated and some folks have said NCL are treating UDP same as SDP (a set upcharge) as the UDP doesn't even exist anymore for new purchase. So just want to update the feedback regarding the UDP and those 3 special restaurants from recent cruisers. Thanks and sorry for asking his again.

We had the UDP on the Escape in February. Out of the restaurants you are asking about we only did Food Republic. But we did receive the discount - happened automatically, not issues at all.

Food Republic has a cost per item and the UDP discount was already applied to our check when it arrive at the table. ;)

See the terms and conditions for the SDP package for details, but yes, generally, they are applying the T&Cs of the SDP to the old UDP packages still in existence. Up charges of $15 for Bayamo, $7 for Pinchos Tapas. Food Republic is excluded from the SDP Package and is is strictly a la carte if you have SDP, but from the previous posters comments about Food Republic, it sounds like they are giving UDP holders a 25% discount there.

Also, don't forget your UDP has no limit on the number of meals per day like the SDP does. For instance, you could go to Pinchos early for pre show appys at a $7 upcharge, and then go to Cagneys for a steak dinner at 8:30 if you wanted.

Edited by punkincc

Agree with Pumpkin. I had to fight for my 25% off at Food Republic, but got it eventually.

We utilized UDP to the fullest. Had dinner with the whole family, then usually would have a separate booking for just the wife and I later for a light dinner/dessert. Going to miss that ability with SDP.

We didn't do Pinchas, but did Bayamo for the $15 up charge.

I also booked in March 2015, sailed Jan 2016.

Thanks folks for the clarifications. It is too bad that u had " fight" for things that you paid for. NCL brings this on themselves with all these changes, confuses the staff as well as the customer.

I like the idea of apps at one place and dinner somewhere else as we like appetizer choices at Le Bistro but the prefer the entrees at Cagneys.

Also use that UDP for Margaritaville for lunch. We did that a few times.

How does that work? Our UDP is for 4 specialty dining, and if for example we've already used it for 4 dinners, we can still use it for Margaritaville? I hope my question is clear. Having a hard time wording it :o

How does that work? Our UDP is for 4 specialty dining, and if for example we've already used it for 4 dinners, we can still use it for Margaritaville? I hope my question is clear. Having a hard time wording it :o

You are mixing up the promos.

UDP is not limited to number of uses.

SDP is for a specific number (4, in your case)

For SDP guests, M'ville counts as a meal if you use it for a meal.

You are mixing up the promos.

UDP is not limited to number of uses.

SDP is for a specific number (4, in your case)

For SDP guests, M'ville counts as a meal if you use it for a meal.

We do have it as a promo and it is 4UDP meaning 4 Specialty Dining if I'm not mistaken. If you booked prior to March 15, 2016, if you booked after it is 3UDP if I understand it right.

Please correct me if I am wrong :o

Edited by heckp

We do have it as a promo and it is 4UDP meaning 4 Specialty Dining if I'm not mistaken. If you booked prior to March 15, 2016, if you booked after it is 3UDP if I understand it right.

As Two Wheels Only stated - if there is a number of meals defined by your package it is NOT the Ultimate Dining Plan.

The UDP had no number of included or defined meals. It was truly as many meals as you wanted - with no restrictions.

UDP was a true unlimited dining. No limit. If you have 4 meals, then you have the Specialty Dining Package. Once you have used your free meals, you pay full price.

Also use that UDP for Margaritaville for lunch. We did that a few times.

Thanks for the reminder. sounds like a nice alternative to the busy buffets or O'sheehens or the stodgy dining room for lunch. We are on an 8 day cruise so will be taking advantage of the UDP as much as possible. I have actually been thinking just to go to moderno for the grill pineapple and than to anther place for our real dinner.

All the posters are correct in the SDP and UDP explanation, but do u have 4 adults in your room? If so maybe 4UDP on your reservation means 4 ultimate dining packages?

image.jpg.9b61e629bbd47768a4ec44a9588650cf.jpg

All the posters are correct in the SDP and UDP explanation, but do u have 4 adults in your room? If so maybe 4UDP on your reservation means 4 ultimate dining packages?

I went with what I have on my key card my last cruise (Getaway). My 2 promos were UBP and Specialty dining. On our key card it was marked UBP-4UDP. I didn't realize that there is a UDP and SDP. Our cruise coming in 30 days I chose the same promos again and no there's only my husband and I in the cabin

Edited by heckp

I went with what I have on my key card my last cruise (Getaway). My 2 promos were UBP and Specialty dining. On our key card it was marked UBP-4UDP. I didn't realize that there is a UDP and SDP. Our cruise coming in 30 days I chose the same promos again and no there's only my husband and I in the cabin

The problem is that NCL is using the same letters even when the acronym is different and means different things.

For example, NOBODY can buy the UDP (Ultimate Dining Package) nor can they receive it as a promo at the moment. Those who have it received/bought it before the SDP.

However, you can buy the SDP (Specialty Dining Package) or receive it as a promo at the moment. Some received it with 4 meals, some received it with 3 meals.

Here's the fun part. :o

If you buy a 4 meal SDP, the item number for it is.....4UDP.

Dining Packages Link

So, if someone posts "Hey, I bought the 4UDP...." that person is correct but they don't actually have the UDP. They have the SDP.

The problem is that NCL is using the same letters even when the acronym is different and means different things.

For example, NOBODY can buy the UDP (Ultimate Dining Package) nor can they receive it as a promo at the moment. Those who have it received/bought it before the SDP.

However, you can buy the SDP (Specialty Dining Package) or receive it as a promo at the moment. Some received it with 4 meals, some received it with 3 meals.

Dining Packages Link

So, if someone posts "Hey, I bought the 4UDP...." that person is correct but they don't actually have the UDP. They have the SDP.

The reason why I got confused when UDP was mentioned above. I'm glad to have found CC. Learning lots from the experts.

op just curious if you remember the prices for interior cabins when you booked, after fees? Did they include udp?

Just booked cruise may 28 sail date on escape and it was 1200 for 2 gauranteed interior. Curious about the price difference when booking so far in advance!

Dining Packages Link

Not to mention that NCL lately seems to be offering what looks to be the same perks - when if fact they have made changes. For example - the 3 meal SDP instead of 4 in the "choose your perks" promo most recently.

Easy to see how it has created confusion!

I sailed in February with the UDP and booked March, 2015. My experience was as stated by others except for Food Republic. I had to fight for our discount and it was not enjoyable. Never could get anywhere at the restaurant, and had to go to guest services. They emailed corporate and the next day they denied the discount as well. However guest services gave us the discount in good will. Honestly the discount was not worth the fight, the food is really good and worth the charge.

We enjoyed lunch at Margaritaville a couple of times and also got the volcano nachos to go to enjoy in Spice. They were amazing! Enjoy your UDP, in I never ate so good as I did on the Escape!

Hello, I booked my forthcoming 12/17 Escape cruise last December-

One of my promos was the SDP ($13.32 in charges)- because of when I booked am I still entitled to 4 specialty meals then vs. 3 which is what it changed to since?

I had 2 promos so my code on my reservation sheet is DINEBEV- with the $80.32 for beverages broken out seperately. - I don't have the 4 or 3 listed anywhere.

Thanks

Hello, I booked my forthcoming 12/17 Escape cruise last December-

One of my promos was the SDP ($13.32 in charges)- because of when I booked am I still entitled to 4 specialty meals then vs. 3 which is what it changed to since?

I had 2 promos so my code on my reservation sheet is DINEBEV- with the $80.32 for beverages broken out seperately. - I don't have the 4 or 3 listed anywhere.

Thanks

Yes - it's define by the booking date and what promotion was in effect when you booked.

I

We have been away from NCL for a while and are on the Escape in November. We have a dining package, on the invoice it is the "Platinum Latitudes 7 Day Ultimate Dining Package" and the code is UDP7PL. We assumed this is for dinners only, correct?

Most of the Specialty Restaurants are only open for dinner. M'ville is open for lunch and even though Bayamo is listed as open for lunch, recent cruisers are reporting that it is only open for dinner.

Food Republic is open for lunch but the UDP/SDP doesn't cover items purchased there. Some are reporting a 25% discount at Food Republic but others are reporting no discount at all.