luggage valet question

I would like to do luggage valet. We are flying Southwest, and have a 12:30 flight. We are allowed 2 bags a piece, but will only have 2 bags total. If we tell them that both bags are mine, and he just has a carry on, will we be just charged $20, and the big thing is, will they check us both in, or just the person with the bags? If anyone has done this, will you please let me know?

When we did Luggage Valet with Celebrity we got our flight boarding passes the evening before departure. We did not have to check in with the airline at the airport and we got TSA precheck so we had a shorter line to get through the TSA clearance.

This would not have happened to both of us if we had only signed up one person. For us, it was well worth the expense not have to deal with luggage or stand online at check in or TSA.

Edited by JMG

I would like to do luggage valet. We are flying Southwest, and have a 12:30 flight. We are allowed 2 bags a piece, but will only have 2 bags total. If we tell them that both bags are mine, and he just has a carry on, will we be just charged $20, and the big thing is, will they check us both in, or just the person with the bags? If anyone has done this, will you please let me know?

It's a good question. I would think if you're on the same reservation number both passes should print.

It's a good question. I would think if you're on the same reservation number both passes should print.

I agree, if both names are on the same record locator, they will likely both be checked-in. However, the cruise line might not print both boarding passes. This is not a big deal as boarding passes can easily be printed at the airport.

To the OP, the bigger question is whether you purchased Early Bird. I strongly recommend you purchase EB for both passengers, as you have no idea when the ship will actually do the check-in.

We did exactly that. Just signed up 1 of us with 2 bags for the service and were charged just the $20. One of us got the boarding pass and the other I printed myself on the ship. We had already signed up for earlybird ck in to reserve a good ck in position

To the OP, the bigger question is whether you purchased Early Bird. I strongly recommend you purchase EB for both passengers, as you have no idea when the ship will actually do the check-in.

Absolutely agree. Even if you don't buy luggage valet, it's one less thing you need to worry about before stepping off the ship.

Thank you everyone! Yes, we have early bird check in, so we could just print the other one at the kiosk at the airport, as I will not have internet on the ship.

Perfect, nothing to worry about.:)

We want to do the valet service and there will be 4 of us and all 4 names are on one air confirmation so I imagine we will all buy the luggage valet service so will we all get a boarding pass? Our flight isn't til 7:35 PM so we have lots of time. Am I correct on this??:confused:

We want to do the valet service and there will be 4 of us and all 4 names are on one air confirmation so I imagine we will all buy the luggage valet service so will we all get a boarding pass? Our flight isn't til 7:35 PM so we have lots of time. Am I correct on this??:confused:

Generally, all the passengers would purchase luggage valet. However, with an airline like Southwest which alows two free bags per person, you can get away with putting both bags in one person's name and only pay for one luggage valet. Depends on your airline and the bag charges.