MITSUGIRLY lets the BREEZE flow through her hair-Spring Break Review/Pictorial

mitsugirly

It's too bad they didn't let you give it to someone else who would have appreciated it.

Right. I would have loved to give it to someone who could use it but figured you couldn't do that since they had my name on it.

Love the look on Sakari's face

Sorry about the scavenger hunt :mad:

It's it funny? She kept giving him that "simmer down, you haven't won yet" look. :D

Great job on the Cake! And I'm glad Sakari had such a great birthday.

She did and thanks.

Wish Sakari a very happy birthday even though it's a little late and I am jelous of her mermaid blanket. Lol! Loving the review...

Be very jealous because she's not letting it out of her site. :D

Mitsu.....as usual I am enjoying your review! I discovered this review about midway thru your Jade review (a week ago). Hope you neutered your cabin steward in your post cruise survey.:D

LOL, that seriously made me laugh. :p :D

That was the best birthday cake, ever! I am also going to surprise my daughter with the mermaid tail blanket (even though she's 20). She still reminds me that she never received a mermaid hooded towel when she was younger, so this should even the score. Thank you so much for your reviews, they are such great reading.

Hey, they make them for us "big kids" too. :p

I realize it didn't make much of a difference, but if you think you will be cruising with Carnival more, it makes a difference regarding the Loyalty Program. My son & I had a cruise that we didn't get credited for once, but it was an easy fix. If you go to "Manage, then VIFP Club, then My Cruises, there is a spot near the bottom of the page to file a claim for any missing cruises not listed. Our missing cruise never did show up on My Cruise, but the number of VIFP points shows up, which is all that matters to me.

No worries, all of his cruises are on his VIFP number, including this one. I double checked when we got home and they're all there. So, there just must have been some kind of glitch or something when checking in. :D

Thank you for taking the time to post the pics of your beautiful family (your little one is gorgeous!) and writing such an informative review.

Our first time o the Breeze is in 5 more weeks. She looks like a beautiful ship.

No matter how many times I cruise' date=' I am still so excited!!!

I do have a questions -- Do you remember if the Pixels gallery offered the photo package? The Magic offered a package where you can pick any 10 or 20 photos for a specific price? I took full advantage. We buy tons of cruise pics.

Thank you ![/quote']

You are very welcome and I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Hmmm, they might have offered a package, but I honestly don't remember if it was this cruise or my recent Jade cruise that said something about it. I always decline because I never know just how many pictures we'll end up with. I do know they have the "steps" of freebies along the way and punch your card. :)

Hi Kim, That was me that recognized you. You definitely did not give off a negative impression. I did see you a few other times, but they were at a distance. We had a great cruise. I am loving reliving it through you review. Great job, as always!!!!

Oh thank goodness. I'm so glad I didn't come off that way. I wish I would have ran in to more during the cruise and chatted some more. I love to cruise chat. :D

We did! Goff's Caye is the clearest water I've ever seen! My parents are on the Dawn now & are doing Little French Key tomorrow & Goffs Caye the next day.

Isn't it??? Like seriously the absolute CLEAREST water ever! I hope you parents have a great day at LFK and Goffs. We love them both! :)

Yes, the cruise will be on the Breeze. 14 of us total, all family, along with my mother's maid-of-honor from 50 years ago and her husband.

Oh wow, how neat is that??? I seriously hope you all have such a wonderful cruise on the Breeze. You all picked an amazing ship to get together on.

Thank you for another great review!

Thanks for the comment and glad you are here. :)

That's my deck! First pics I've seen of it. Thanks for posting it.

I turned 50 in January and will be cruising with 5 close friends and a larger group of about 35. Five of us are celebrating our 50th.

We have 34 days to go! Can't wait to read more of your review!

'

Oh how cool is that? Five of you all turning 50. That's amazing and a special occasion. :) Have a wonderful cruise.

Great Review!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much and glad you are enjoying it.

We are sailing on the Breeze in September with my 6 year old son and 7 year old nephew. Not sure if this review is helping me pass the time or just making me even more excited. Curious to see how your daughter liked the kids camp.

5 months from today we will be on the Breeze!

Heyyyy tcwoah! We're on the same sailing! Cant wait! :) :)

So back to 10pm and picking up Sakari. We are "late night" people and we eat dinner late at home (we just finished eating at 10:30pm tonight). I will say that Carnival has the most messed up times to eat that I have ever come across. With NCL, there's ALWAYS some place to eat. Whether it be the 24/7 Blue Lagoon/O'Sheehans (and we are talking all kinds of food, not just 1 item) and the buffet stays open most of the time with usually only 1/2 hour or so between meals that it's closed. (Or at least that's what it seems like, but I'd have to pull out some daily's to check). But we have never had a problem finding food on NCL at any given time.

With Carnival, they would close their buffet down at 9:30pm I believe. So, picking up your child from the kids club at 10pm, there's never anything to eat except PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA or going to the deli, and quite honestly there's not much there that I enjoy and definitely not anything Sakari likes. It made for quite a challenge this cruise and our schedules just never seemed to line up at the right time for dinner. Thank goodness Sakari at least got to eat dinner with the kids at 6pm, but of course by 10pm she was starving as well.

So tonight we would head to the Pizza Pirate where we would stand in the long line, waiting patiently, for pizza to be made and served...with an entire pizza only going to 2 people each time. Sigh.

After eating, we headed back to the room to find our towel animal for the night with my $50 spa card in its mouth.

P3270383%20copy-L.jpg

Sakari decided that her animals were unable to get along and they must be split up. That meant she needed to construct bunk beds for them to sleep in. She would steal my chair and this would be her creation for the night...complete with towels as their blanket. (Sorry for the blurry picture, I was trying to be inconspicuous when I took the picture).

P3270006%20copy-L.jpg

We headed to bed around midnight where I would continue to hear the clanging of something (I assume coming from the galley, but sounded like it was coming from my balcony) for about the next hour before I either drifted off to sleep or they stopped. I'm not sure which one it was at this point. It was annoying and loud! Don't book this room...like EVER. :p

So I just looked at my NCL daily to compare the "buffet" times of operation. Now most have 2 buffets (considered the Garden Cafe, which is the inside huge buffet area, usually located on both sides of the ship) then there's the "Great Outdoors", which is a mini type buffet, located on the back of the ship.

Here's the times they are open:

Breakfast: Buffet 6:30am-10:30am Outdoors 7:30am-11:30am

Lunch: Buffet 11:30am-3:00pm Outdoors 3pm-5:30pm

Dinner: Buffet 5:30pm-9:30pm Outdoors 9:30pm-11pm

Then many nights they would have "specials" at midnight, such as their "Mexican Fiesta" night and it's loaded with Mexican food and so on.

So does anyone see this pattern? One buffet closes and the other opens and then back again. You can get meals any time of the day from their buffet. This is what we are used to and would never notice a "shortage" of food on any cruise with them. This is what we would be missing on Carnival. :(

I will also mention that others on my roll call came back and was talking about the "lack of food" or being able to find it also. Many even posted that they managed to actually lose weight as well. So, I'm not the only one that felt this way.

We didn't need an Easter Egg hunt, we needed a food hunt on this cruise and many times we were pretty hungry at any given time because we would have to wait for something to open up...if it did at all. :p

Totally enjoying reading about this cruise. We sail on the Breeze in August and are so ready. Especially after reading this...... Thank you for your time and effort and for sharing your family and fun with us.

The picture with you and your family in fromt of the Breeze looked like the ship was about to run over you! :eek:

I hope Sakari's scrapes were healed well enough for her to enjoy the beach. I know from experience how much that salt water can sting.

Peanuts the elephant and his passport are really cute. :D

I am totally sick to my stomach and feel like I could puke now! I was working on uploading all of my pictures for the following day (Grand Turk) and was trying to remember how to make a "folder" within my gallery and deleted THE ENTIRE FOLDER NAMED BREEZE...with all the days and pictures I have posted so far. All completely gone!

I have contacted Smugmug to see if it can be recovered. I don't know what the process is or if it can be done. I'm seriously sick to my stomach now.

When folders are deleted, usually the pictures used around the net become invalid or don't show up. I'm not sure if they get the folder back if it will still have the same url or not.

Like I'm seriously sick now. This entire review could become null and void if they can't get it back. :mad:

:(

I am totally sick to my stomach and feel like I could puke now! I was working on uploading all of my pictures for the following day (Grand Turk) and was trying to remember how to make a "folder" within my gallery and deleted THE ENTIRE FOLDER NAMED BREEZE...with all the days and pictures I have posted so far. All completely gone!

I have contacted Smugmug to see if it can be recovered. I don't know what the process is or if it can be done. I'm seriously sick to my stomach now.

When folders are deleted, usually the pictures used around the net become invalid or don't show up. I'm not sure if they get the folder back if it will still have the same url or not.

Like I'm seriously sick now. This entire review could become null and void if they can't get it back. :mad:

:(

If you have a recycle bin, check there and then restore files. It could help. Best wishes!

Totally enjoying reading about this cruise. We sail on the Breeze in August and are so ready. Especially after reading this...... Thank you for your time and effort and for sharing your family and fun with us.

Thanks for your comments and I hope you have a wonderful cruise. :)

The picture with you and your family in fromt of the Breeze looked like the ship was about to run over you! :eek:

I hope Sakari's scrapes were healed well enough for her to enjoy the beach. I know from experience how much that salt water can sting.

Peanuts the elephant and his passport are really cute. :D

You don't think a bunch of scrapes would hold Sakari down from swimming in the ocean do you? :D:p

If you have a recycle bin, check there and then restore files. It could help. Best wishes!

No recycle bin on Smugmug, but they do have a "Hero" contact that can restore it for you within a certain amount of time...thank goodness! :)

MONDAY-GRAND TURK DAY!!! WOO HOO

Bang, Clang, Whisk, Boom...4am and this is what I'm hearing. Oh my gosh, what the heck am I hearing and why does it always sound like it's coming from my balcony? If the galley is up one floor, wouldn't it sound like it's coming from the ceiling?

I was up at 6:30am and getting the family up and ready for breakfast. We headed to the buffet by 7am where we would find the entire ship up there trying to eat before getting off in Grand Turk. It was pretty crowded and it was hard to find a seat.

P3270007%20copy-L.jpg

We pulled in to port at 8am sharp and off we went to enjoy our day.

We had decided to rent golf carts and drive around the island on our own. I know others had mentioned that it would be better to rent a car because it would be a better ride and have a/c, but I thought riding in a golf cart would be a lot of fun.

I had contacted Wet Money Rentals and reserved our cart months ahead of time. I was quoted a price of $60. I have been reading bad reviews lately about the other two vendors at the port (Nathans and Karib) and people having issues with their reservations, old broken equipment, or carts breaking down when they were out. So Wet Money it was...especially at the price of $60. Also another person had posted at the time I was looking to rent about contacting Karib (I think it was) and they were told that the golf carts would be down that month for repairs. I thought that was super weird that they would take an entire month to repair every golf cart at the same time. Wouldn't you maybe just do one at a time so that you still had some in service and making money?

We walked outside the port compound and I honestly had no idea where I was going. We came to the parking lot and just started walking. I didn't see anything. We stopped and ask someone where to go and they told us to "head out" and pointed in a direction. I thought we were out, but we would continue to walk on.

We made it to the street and I still didn't see anything but cars coming and going. Ok, what now? We decided to head in the direction we seen cars coming from and hoped for the best.

Now there's no place to walk along the road, unless you are in the road. But they are making a sandy sidewalk, but it does say "No entry" and I guess it's because they are working on it. However, "no entry" meant "entry" to me when I have a young child in tow and there's a lot of traffic.

P3270008%20copy-L.jpg

We finally seen the gates and the security building and knew we had to be heading in right direction.

P3270011%20copy-L.jpg

P3270010%20copy-L.jpg

Hey at least we weren't lost yet...we could still see the beautiful Breeze.

P3270009%20copy-L.jpg

Directly outside of these gates were all the rentals.

P3270012%20copy-L.jpg

The first person we came to ask who we rented with and we told them Wet Money. They said to "Hold on and I'll be with you after taking care of this couple". We waited while they helped the other couple pick out a cart and explain to them how to operate the golf cart. Then when it was our turn he ask me once again who we rented with and then ask the "price". Once I told him the price, he said "Oh no, you'll have to go with them and let me get someone from Wet Money to help you" Um ok. That's who I ask for anyhow. I guess maybe they all just rent to whoever and then give the money to the correct vendor, but was unwilling to accept such a low amount? Or either they are busy stealing customers, but was unwilling to steal us when they could have the opportunity to make more money?

P3270013%20copy-L.jpg

We spoke to a representative for Wet Money, gave him our price and he wanted to know who told me that price. Oh boy...here we go. I gave him the name and pulled out my email with the confirmation and he said "No, if he told you that price, then that's what you are getting it for and I believe you. No need to show me your paper." Ok, that worked for me. It was nice that he was trusting.

P3270014%20copy-L.jpg

He set us up with a golf cart, showed us where the gas was located and then noticed that we had a low tire. He ask us to ride him up to the "gas station"...and I use that term lightly, and he'd put air in it. So off we went and it was just about a block away, then we turned on a dirt road and there was a building that was like some rounded pole barn shelter place, but I guess that was their gas station. We pulled in one side and pulled out the other. We dropped him back off at the entrance, they gave us a map, and off we went.

P3270016%20copy-L.jpg

I decided to let the hubby drive because I wanted to take my life into my own hands and hang off the back taking pictures for all you wonderful people. Of course Mitsugirly falling off the back of a golf cart would also make a heck of a story for everyone as well right?

I think the hubby was getting a little too comfortable...keep your eyes on the road! We are driving on the street, on the opposite side of the road, and man this thing is fast! You need to devote all of your attention to the street.

P3270017%20copy-L.jpg

The Welcome sign...

P3270018%20copy-L.jpg

I guess this was their waterfront property?

P3270019%20copy-L.jpg

Less than 10 minutes into the ride and we would spot our first donkeys. Sakari squealed with excitement. She couldn't believe what her eyes were seeing. They were just roaming free, on the side of the road, without a care in the world.

P3270020%20copy-L.jpg

Now I knew that people were saying there were donkeys roaming free around the island and especially at the Lighthouse, but I had no idea we would see so many this day. We were specifically heading to the Lighthouse in order to assure we would see donkeys that day. (Since I was told they are always there and looking for a handout of food).

P3270021%20copy-L.jpg

P3270022%20copy-L.jpg

I would snap plenty of pictures along the way, just to give you a general idea of what's outside the port gates. I love taking pictures of the homes at places we go.

P3270023%20copy-L.jpg

The place to get all of your building supplies. Anyone wanna go in with us and build a summer beach house?

P3270025%20copy-L.jpg

The police station

P3270026%20copy-L.jpg

I'm not sure what this building is. I didn't see any signs.

P3270027%20copy-L.jpg

P3270028%20copy-L.jpg

P3270030%20copy-L.jpg

There were a lot of places that you could just head off in different directions. I had a hard time keeping the hubby going in the right direction. I think he wanted to explore. Stay focused please! We are heading to the Lighthouse, then we'll explore.

P3270031%20copy-L.jpg

Baby donkey. He was scared of us.

P3270032%20copy-L.jpg

Now let's talk about the roads. They left a lot to be desired. Pot holes every where on the road leading up to the Lighthouse. Remember me saying how it would make an interesting story if Mitsugirly fell off? Well you definitely have a better chance of hearing that store come true with these roads.

P3270033%20copy-L.jpg

Not only am I sitting on the back of the golf cart, facing the other direction and not really sure when we are about to hit a pot hole most of the time, but I am also hanging on to 2 beach bags AND I had a can of pop I was trying to hold and not spill AND of course my camera. I'm a multitask type of person. That's what happens when you have 4 children and several grandchildren. You learn to multitask well.

P3270034%20copy-L.jpg

P3270035%20copy-L.jpg

Do horses run free on the island too?

P3270037%20copy-L.jpg

P3270038%20copy-L.jpg

More paths the hubby tried to convince me to go down.

P3270036%20copy-L.jpg

P3270039%20copy-L.jpg

P3270040%20copy-L.jpg

P3270041%20copy-L.jpg

I can see the Lighthouse already! I guess we went the right way.

P3270042%20copy-L.jpg

We had the SLOWEST golf cart ever! Like seriously. There were people passing us in their golf carts and they zoomed by us like they were in a car. I guess that's what you get with a $60 rental? They give you the slowest golf cart they have in the fleet. It didn't bother me because we planned on taking our time, but I just had to throw that out there to give you an idea of the time it took us to get from place to place.

We left the port in our golf cart at 8:46am to head to the Lighthouse. We only actually pulled over once to ask if we should "take that road" to the Lighthouse and they said yes. We didn't stop for any pictures along the way, but slowed down a lot due to the pot holes. We arrived at the Lighthouse at 9:12am. So, honestly, I didn't think it was bad at all...considering the slow golf cart. Less than 1/2 hour and we were there. The vendor at Wet Money told us it takes 1 hour to get there. Maybe he takes an even slower golf cart there? Who knows.

I had read on the boards that they put in a zip line in this area. Well, this is it...

P3270045%20copy-L.jpg

I'm sorry, but if I'm going to zip line, it's not going to be at some type of contraption that looks like this. I can't even imagine this being any fun. All out in the open... just not my thing. Maybe I have been spoiled by ziplining in Roatan in the rain forest and different platforms. This place just didn't look interesting and I thought it probably takes away from the beauty of the surrounding area of the Lighthouse.

P3270046%20copy-L.jpg

This is the grounds at the Lighthouse.

P3270044%20copy-L.jpg

I had every intention on stopping at the Lighthouse and paying the $3 admission to get in and hang out for a little while. I had estimated this into my budget, but quite honestly, once we arrived, I really didn't see a need to go in. I was able to get my pictures of the lighthouse, we didn't need anything to drink, since we brought our own cooler loaded with pop to carry us throughout most of the day, and Sakari couldn't wait to get to the beach of course. Also, like I said, we went here in hopes of seeing the wild donkeys, and we had seen plenty of them on the way there.

The donkeys were outside of the lighthouse gates and hanging out in the parking lot.

P3270051%20copy-L.jpg

They are use to you feeding them and come right up to you when you arrive.

P3270049%20copy-L.jpg

P3270052%20copy-L.jpg

P3270055%20copy-L.jpg

P3270057%20copy-L.jpg

P3270056%20copy-L.jpg