MITSUGIRLY lets the BREEZE flow through her hair-Spring Break Review/Pictorial

mitsugirly

DECK 12 SPORTS AND WORKOUT AREA.

They had a cool little workout area outside on the back of the ship. Sakari had a lot of fun with it. I have to say, some of the things they had there were "different" and I had never seen any equipment like that before. But still neat. Sakari went up there several times during the cruise to "work off her lunch" with some friends.

P3311243%20copy-L.jpg

P3311247%20copy-L.jpg

P3311252%20copy-L.jpg

This is where I would take my frustrations out on my Jade room steward from the month before. Just saying....

P3311253%20copy-L.jpg

P3311254%20copy-L.jpg

This machine was pretty neat. You sat in the chair and pushed up on the bars and you lifted yourself up...so basically you are using yourself as the weights and lifting your own weight. It would push you and your chair up in the air as you lifted.

P3311256%20copy-L.jpg

In the middle below the ropes course was a very cool area that you could play corn hole, ping pong, pool and get drinks and such. It was very colorful and I loved this cute little area. I don't have many pictures here, but you will see more on it later with pics. They are mixed in somewhere with my "daily" pictures of what we did.

P3311250%20copy-L.jpg

They also had a hot dog stand up here which was cool but only open during certain hours.

P3311249%20copy-L.jpg

Water Park.

I didn't get a lot of pictures of the waterpark outside of the time frame we were actually there. So you will see most of those during the review when we were there. It was SO COOL!

P3290619%20copy-L.jpg

P3290618%20copy-L.jpg

Loved the cute little colorful chairs they had around the ship. Believe it or not, they are quite comfortable.

P3290624%20copy-L.jpg

Yes, it's been a long course for sure. I'm so glad it's coming to an end and I completed my paper tonight. I'm working toward another Nursing degree (Bachelors).

Nice! Congrats for making the decision to further your degree. I didn't think there was much difference between the A.A. and the BSN until I finally decided to further my degree (21 yrs after getting my Associate's). As you've seen there is a huge difference. I immediately went on to get my Master's; also well worth it. I wish you the best! :)

DECK 13

SERENITY

I'm sorry folks, we never spend any time in here and was only back here once for a little bit during the evening and that's when I got pictures. So, only night time pictures and they're not very good. But you get the idea.

P3290598%20copy-L.jpg

P3290599%20copy-L.jpg

P3290616%20copy-L.jpg

P3290617%20copy-L.jpg

Cloud 9 Spa.

We are not spa people. I will probably never utilize this area on any ship, but I usually try to get pictures. I didn't even find it until the middle of the cruise, so no pictures from inside and only the outside.

P3290625%20copy-L.jpg

When you are outside in the Serenity area, there's a glass dome and when you look down into it, there's a pool to the spa area.

P3290600%20copy-L.jpg

This staircase went down to the spa/pool area I believe

P3290601%20copy-L.jpg

I guess if they think you like to hang out in the serenity area, they will entice you to come to the spa by giving you previous of the areas inside from the outside. LOL

P3290606%20copy-L.jpg

P3290612%20copy-L.jpg

DECK 10

BEACH POOL AREA

I loved these little cabana's they had by the pool area on each side. Parents could sit there and watch the kids and still be in the shade and have water on their feet.

P3290644%20copy-L.jpg

I love this too. What a great idea!

One floor up and overlooking the pool in the back were some really comfy chairs to hang out in.

One side was smoking and the other side was not. I have to say that people are very rude and inconsiderate. They would come to the smoking area and lay down and take a nap there. Like seriously? I know the chairs are comfortable but smoking chairs are limited and if you need to take a nap, find another place!

I think I would have been tempted to stand right next to those napping people & be as loud as I could, LOL

Edited by Bluemoon319

DECK 11

KIDS CLUB-CAMP OCEAN

I Sakari's age group, there were plenty of computers to play games on.

Now I will admit that Sakari sometimes plays games on my computer...but not often. However, she is more of a craft person and loves making things and drawing of course. They sure don't seem to do much of that in this age group (even on NCL) and I think this has started to become an issue with her. She would rather just sit around and draw while she's in there instead of playing a game on the computer. They did have other activities for them to do and theme nights of course. But just wanted to put this out there that this age group is just not working out too well for her on the ships.

That's sad to read. It wasn't like that when my son was young enough to be in Camp Carnival. They did have computers, but not nearly anything like these pics are showing. A sign of the times I guess :( (sigh). I hope they do a better job when Sakari gets into the next age group.

I just found this review and just got caught up on all 10 pages :)

We were on Breeze in 2013...beautiful, fun ship. We never even made it to those lower decks, lol. I loved the Red Frog Rum PUB and the ropes course. And of course, the Water Works!

I remember reading your reviews of Little French Key and some other place that was an all inclusive water park? Do you remember which port that may be?

I can't wait until your port pictures!

Was it the Ron Jon water park near Port Canaveral (her Carnival Dream cruise) you were thinking about?

Here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=38528111

You would LOVE Cabana's (the buffet) on the Disney ships. They are beachy too. This is from the Dream

8684982841_3b3f852c52_z.jpgcabanas1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

8685021831_dcfe9d1402_z.jpgcabanas8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

8685028105_4941e415d4_z.jpgcabanas10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And the Magic

14119873791_cc2949dde4_z.jpgboarding19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

15345097874_e8aebf5400_z.jpgmag32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The Breeze looks beautiful. I heard Guys is really good. i must get on Carnival just for that eventually

FAHRENHEIT STEAKHOUSE:

Thanks for your review. Did you notice, are there tables for two at the steakhouse not so close together? I would be very upset if I paid for the steakhouse experience and was placed right next to someone else.

P3311282%20copy-L.jpg

One side was smoking and the other side was not. I have to say that people are very rude and inconsiderate. They would come to the smoking area and lay down and take a nap there. Like seriously? I know the chairs are comfortable but smoking chairs are limited and if you need to take a nap, find another place!

I agree with you! Not to start a smoking controversy but it's even worse when those "nappers" look at the smokers like they're bothering THEM by smoking....on the smoking side! Can't we all just respect each other and keep to our own side and co-exist in harmony at the same time???:confused: I'm sure there are smokers out there that would like to blow a little extra smoke their way just to annoy them back!:;)

Kim, I love everything about your reviews! Love the pics, love the insight, love your sense of humor. You have me cracking up sometimes. Happy birthday to Sakari...they grow up so darn fast!

I've been on NCL once and RCCL all the other times. This has me really wanting to try out the Breeze!!!

TIDES POOL in the aft

Also, someone commented on the first day that the pool was already shut down because some child pooped in the pool and it had to be cleaned.

I do know that we would also see it shut down two other times during the cruise and it being cleaned. Really? Are there that many people allowing their children in the pool (I would guess) with diapers? That's usually the scenario when this happens. Children that are not potty trained are not allowed in the pools...plain and simple. It's a health hazard, but people always break the rules.

I worked for the YMCA for six years - I could provide you with some real disgusting horror stories on this subject. People just amaze me sometimes.

Kim

What do you mean you could ask for the burgers on the Dream? They do not have Guys burgers on the Dream. They have their normal burgers with the usual toppings and some stuff you can add that is on the serving line.