MITSUGIRLY lets the BREEZE flow through her hair-Spring Break Review/Pictorial

mitsugirly

Defrag actually doesn't help with BSODs, it simply arranges the fragmented files together so the processor doesn't spend time looking for files in different places.

And computers are hardy, the only thing in computers that goes bad with regularity are hard drives.

Hard drives are also the reason computers run slow.

I get that. For me it's a starting point. Sitting at one end of computer we could all throw **** at a wall and hope for the best, but in reality we know nothing about the problem and neither does she. I haven't fixed other people's computers in years but id always start with virus and defrag and see from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

In 1968 we used to lay our hair on the ironing board, place the iron on our hair and slowly pull our heads away from the iron. But not within sight of our parents!

See, this was invented way before I started doing it. :D My daughter and her friends use to lay on the floor on a towel and their friend would iron the hair. That's where I got the idea from. But, doing it myself I can't exactly lay down and iron it on the floor so I just came up with the idea of using a towel folded up and making it straight while ironing in the air, looking in the mirror just like you would using a straightener. :p

Glad to see another one of your awesome reviews! I'm impressed with the quick turnaround time, I wasn't expecting on seeing this so soon.

I've only sailed Carnival once, on Pride, and I have to say so far that the decor on Breeze looks MUCH nicer and brighter IMO.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting to start so soon either but there were a lot of impatient people asking for it. :D :p

Yea, the Pride is a little different since it's like a renaissance era/time decor. This is more up to date. But I still loved the Pride too. I like "unique" ships. :)

Thanks for the review so far!

You are welcome and thanks for joining me Jethro! :)

Our first cruise on the Breeze ( we've sailed her 3 times in a cove) we had the room directly across from the laundramat. OMG. Every single night young people gathered there and "partied" til all hours of the night. There are so much better places on the ship. LIke lounges that have chairs so you don't sit on the floor of the hallway and laundramat. They never did lock that door all cruise week. Numeous calls to customer service desk resulted in nothing. We asked once if they could just keep it down (that was at 4:00 a.m. ) and they only got louder. Never again will I have a come anywhere near a laundramat.

That's odd that they would pick that area to hang out in and party. Were they super young...like shouldn't have been drinking young and maybe hiding from their parents? That's just weird.

Love, love, love your reviews and your "quirky sense of humor". Thank you so much for taking the time to share your cruise with us!

Aww, thanks so much. Glad you are here to tolerate another. :p

We are sailing on the Breeze in September with my 6 year old son and 7 year old nephew. Not sure if this review is helping me pass the time or just making me even more excited. Curious to see how your daughter liked the kids camp.

5 months from today we will be on the Breeze!

How exciting. I hope you all have a wonderful cruise!

Love reading your reviews. We'll be going on the Eastern Caribbean this Fall. I will be a change from doing so many Westerns.

Yes, we have done the Western so many times as well and it's nice to change things up a little.

I would start by defragmenting the computer. Basically, if it does this, the puter maybe salvageable. If it doesn't let you defrag; you many have a big problem that will frustrate you more than the computer is worth. I am assuming you already ran it through an antiviral software program.

I have defragmented plenty of times (both before and after this occurrence over the years) and it doesn't do anything for the problem. Yep, ran it using several different types of antiviral programs as well. :(

On a better note, I did find a really bad-arse computer that I'm interested in getting...

An all-in-one HP 34" curved display!!!! :D :eek: She's massive! And purdy!

I sent you an email with some steps.

Hopefully, we can sort this out for you.

One option is to do a clean wipe and reinstall from system restore.

But we'll get to that later.

Thanks. I'll sign on and see what we have. :)

Yea, we thought about a reinstall. Hubby has also been trying to get me to do the Windows 10 upgrade but I just hate the way they work and can't figure them out too well (although I admit, I haven't spent a lot of time on them). I guess if I end up with a new computer, I'll have to learn Windows 10 anyhow. :cool:

As I was telling Jethro above, I'm looking at another all in one HP with a 34" curved screen. She's o-so-mighty looking! :D (That's what got me side tracked once I started posting here earlier). LOL

P4011361%20copy-L.jpg

I hate when I have just one picture left over so I'm going to add this extra in on this round.

This was set up (I believe in the Atrium) so it qualifies right?

The one thing I REALLY liked about the Breeze was that every night when they set up a place to take pictures, it was out of the way (with the exception of the glass winding staircase, which can't be avoided) they had some type of little "cubby hole" that they were tucked in out of the way from the rest of everyone else passing by. It did not require people to dodge in and out of others getting their pictures taken, it did not require us to stand in a line waiting for the photographer to snap a picture and us hurry on by. They have things set up GREAT as not to disrupt the photographer, the people getting their pictures done and the public walking by. Kudos to you Carnival!!!

P3260196%20copy-L.jpg

OVATION THEATER:

P3260183%20copy-L.jpg

P3260185%20copy-L.jpg

P3260186%20copy-L.jpg

P3260187%20copy-L.jpg

One thing about Carnival is their theater seating...it's amazing compared to NCL. If you are in the floor seats, there's so much room and you have tables for your drinks and plenty of foot-room and room for people to go around you. Then they have these nice bench-type seats up above as well.

P3260188%20copy-L.jpg

Then I had the experience of sitting in these upright chairs way up above. Ugh! I didn't realize these existed and I wish I never knew. LOL No slouching involved in these chairs and not even enough room to relax your legs let alone allow someone to walk by you. They were TERRIBLE!! Seriously...I had to sit sideways to have a place to put my feet when on the top row.

P3260191%20copy-L.jpg

Yes, we have done the Western so many times as well and it's nice to change things up a little.

I have defragmented plenty of times (both before and after this occurrence over the years) and it doesn't do anything for the problem. Yep, ran it using several different types of antiviral programs as well. :(

On a better note, I did find a really bad-arse computer that I'm interested in getting...

An all-in-one HP 34" curved display!!!! :D :eek: She's massive! And purdy!

Ohh that sounds nice :)

Enjoying your review. Keep it coming

Spent yesterday reading your Birthday Cruise review. I had to find out about your cabin steward.:eek: I see your patience finally ran out when the laundry, supposedly, went missing. Loved the Mermaid tail.

You are welcome and thanks for joining me Jethro! :)

That's odd that they would pick that area to hang out in and party. Were they super young...like shouldn't have been drinking young and maybe hiding from their parents? That's just weird.

Oh no they were in their 20's and early 30's. Same basic group of 6-8 people. I was really pissed at Carnival that they wouldn't do anything and wouldn't lock that door at a reasonable hour. It involved buckets of beer, bottles of booze and LOTS of pot. Just ridiculous. It only happened on our first Breeze cruise. We've never had noise problems like this on any other cruise.

Love the review so far!!! I love the Breeze!!! I have read a few of your other reviews and always enjoyed them.

I see ads on my Facebook all the time for mermaid lap blankets. They look and are shaped like mermaid tails. I always think of Sakari that she would probably like them. Does she still swim with her mermaid tail?

The Ovation Theater is great...go early for seating and avoid the higher rows and behind the pokes!! Yup, I learned my lesson the hard way too!

Looking forward to more entries!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app