MITSUGIRLY lets the BREEZE flow through her hair-Spring Break Review/Pictorial

mitsugirly

This would be the first time I have ever received anything like the following. It was in the mouth of one of our towel animals.

P4021478%20copy-L.jpg

I'm not sure if this is something Carnival came up with to get the passengers to spend $$ or they only give this out to random people. Once again, I don't do the spa, so it had no value to me.

P4021477%20copy-L.jpg

Now notice the following...these were given with our "free water" you receive for being a "repeat" cruiser with Carnival. Notice how many are there and the names? Someone is missing....more on that later.

P4021461%20copy-L.jpg

Ok, I think that's all of my "random" stuff I wanted to share.

Time to get back to the "regular" review.

SUNDAY-EASTER!!!

We were up at 8am this morning (don't it figure since it was actually a sea day and we could have slept in). However, I heard this loud banging, which I tried to ignore, but the noise would continue. At one point I thought we must have been caught up in a storm and I was totally convinced that a gust of wind just overturned my chairs on the balcony and someone was stacking them up along the steel door, trying to find an escape to higher ground. A few more minutes, I thought the neighbors must have brought their fishing poles and they had managed to snag my table and chairs and were reeling them in as they screeched across the floor. Anyone who has had a balcony knows this screech! It's as bad as fingernails on a chalkboard. Ok, I might as well get up.

It was beautiful outside, our furniture was still in tact, there was no storm outside, but man our balcony stunk! You know how you pass places with the big air vents on the side of a building and it smells like rotten food with the air blowing out at you? Yep, that was the smell. Phew!

Before we left home, Sakari was playing with my snapchat and made a bunny picture to send back home to her brothers and sisters for Easter. It was now time to send that picture to them.

IMG_3910%20copy-L.jpg

As we got ready, Sakari was watching the Cartoon Network, only it was the Spanish Cartoon Network???? It would go back and forth between English and Spanish and I was super confused because it was the only cartoons on the t.v. the entire cruise.

Since this was a sea day, we decided to head to the MDR for a nice sit down breakfast. When we arrived, they told us if we expected to be seated alone, we would have a little bit of a wait. However, if we could sit with another family, there was no wait. Ok, well let's do this thang then!

They took us over to a table and we sat down. However, we were the only ones at the table. Maybe I misunderstood them?

I took a look at the menu:

P3260251%20copy-L.jpg

...And Sakari discovered they had new pictures loaded on Snapchat since she was on it last.

P3260253%20copy-L.jpg

She would send new updated "live" pictures back home to Kendra for Easter.

IMG_3937%20copy-L.jpg

Meanwhile, they managed to sit another family with us finally. Parents and two children. Ok. So they bring out the danish and rolls...and I'm unrolling my silverwear to get a fork to get one and the other family is using their fingers to grab the food. Um....ok. Are we going to get our own basket since we have become germaphobes on this cruise after contracting noro on the last? Nope, they expected us to share these rolls. Sigh.

P3260252%20copy-L.jpg

I'm a friendly person. I really am. I'll talk to anyone. But I am a tad bit shy sometimes and usually never make the first move unless the opportunity really presents itself. BUT.... I do not like to share a table with strangers. Never have, never will. (Now I'm not saying if I've met you on the cruise and we're like "Hey, let's go grab a bite to eat at the MDR", then you are not considered a stranger.) These people never said one word to us the entire time. You get the occasional glances over and your eyes meet and you think "OMG, I hope they didn't think I was starring at them" look back. Very uncomfortable. This is something that I totally hated when cruising back in the 80's and 90's = Being forced to eat with people I don't know. I enjoy our meals and it's usually an opportunity to sit and discuss things, make plans, talk about private things, enjoy each others company, reflect on the day...not within the ears reach of others to overhear. Then now I have people putting their fingers on the food that I am to eat. Sigh! I knew it was a bad idea.

We had to wait on the other family to decide what they wanted before we could place our order (since they arrived after we did, we sat for awhile). Then after placing our order, it would be 45 minutes before our food ever arrived. I watched people come in way after us, sat down at a table for 2 or 3, order taken right away, their own "private" basket of rolls/danish, food came out, they ate, they were getting up to leave....all while we were waiting on our food still. Like seriously ridiculous!! All because I was stupid enough to say "Sure, we'll sit with another family". I told my husband "Never again. I would rather wait until a table became available because these people came in after we did and they managed to get a smaller table...which would have been ours."

Our food finally arrived

P3260254%20copy-L.jpg

Once we were done, we got up and left. I'm sorry, I'm not waiting for the other family to finish just because I had to wait for them to arrive. They never said one word to us and we were outta there and outta that uncomfortable situation.

I found this sign hilarious, while probably directed toward me, and had to snap a picture of it.

P3290582%20copy-L.jpg

A sign crafted by John Heald maybe?

After breakfast we decided to go down to Ocean Plaza/Red Frog and Sakari discovered the Foosball tables...where we would spend the next hour or so doing tournament after tournament. She just absolutely loved this game.

P3260267%20copy-L.jpg

P3260272%20copy-L.jpg

Daddy let his winnings be known to all of those around.

P3260273%20copy-L.jpg

We played foosball until it was time for the scavenger hunt. Sakari was looking forward to this. Last year on the Pride they gave all the kids a paper and they had to hunt around the entire ship for the place by figuring out the clue. Once they found the place, they would receive some candy and a sticker and then on to the next clue. Once you made it to the end, there was an Easter party with cake and a dance. She loved it.

This was different and we wouldn't find out until after we were already knee-deep in the game. The had the "team leader" line up around a circle and we were given a list of items we had to run around the ship and take pictures of. For each picture you got, you get so many points. You had a total of 15 minutes to complete it and be back on the circle.

What we managed to get...

Untitled-1%20copy-L.jpg

Whale tail

A fountain

Ping pong table

Bottle cap

Picture of a frog

Smiling bar tender

Grumpy person

High five the entertainment staff (which we got wrong because they wear red)

"All dressed up strawberry"

Getting an alcoholic drink at the bar

Getting ice cream

hear, speak and see no evil-worth 5 points

15 minutes went by QUICK!! And this is not anything I can see a young child doing. Here's momma duck racing around getting these items and pictures and dragging my pour family with me. We made it back with about 10 seconds to spare and stood on the line. There were only 3 families back. Um ok...so much for the "rules" They waited and waited and had I known that, I would have managed to take more time and get more items myself.

In the end a family of 3 young teenage girls won I believe with some outrageous amount of points, which I can't see how, but we had just wasted about 1 hour of our time doing something we thought was going to be an actual Easter Egg hunt. It left me wondering what happened to the Easter Hunt.

Well sad and depressed that Mr Bunny wasn't going to present himself as we expected, we decided we would cheer Sakari up by heading to the water park because water makes everything better!

SUNDAY-EASTER!!!

Since this was a sea day, we decided to head to the MDR for a nice sit down breakfast. When we arrived, they told us if we expected to be seated alone, we would have a little bit of a wait. However, if we could sit with another family, there was no wait. Ok, well let's do this thang then!

<snip>

I took a look at the menu:

P3260251%20copy-L.jpg

OK this seaday brunch looks like an improvement. Last brunch menu I saw had mac n cheese and captain crunch french toast. This is more like it!!!

P3260252%20copy-L.jpg

P3260254%20copy-L.jpg

Oh yeah... This is some good eats!!

Hey Kim,

I'm really enjoying your review of the breeze. Really great! Do you have a date set to sail on the vista yet? I'm set to sail on October 7, 2017. Way too long of a wait. The only good thing is maybe your review of her will be out before then.:p

Mitsugirly, I am still following and enjoying your review. I do very much understand your reluctance to share table with strangers. Even though I have had some previous great results with that (pre your time dining), I did have two very uncomfortable and somewhat unpleasant experiences as well, and once YTD came to be, I have stuck with that, yes, even though I cruise solo. You only need one or two bad experiences to turn you off from shared tables.

I actually don't mind dining alone, since I like to eat, and run so to speak. I typically order an appetizer and a main, am then done. So hate to sit around while others come late, and then order multiple items, and 5 courses, meaning I have to wait for my main course a loooong time lol.

I do like sea day brunch, so I will bear in mind, if on my next cruise I am given that line, of having to wait for a table for one....I will insist on waiting. I hate the thought of a communal bread basket, when I don't know the other people at my table. They should give tongs with that basket when they sit strangers together. JMO.

Sakari is eight???? Where does the time go? Happy Birthday to her!

Looking forward to more of your review.:)

Edited by SMSACE6

Thank you for all of your reviews and Happy Birthday to Sakari! We are just off the Dawn and booked our excursions based on your reviews!! We're cruising the Magic in June, so I'm following this to check out your NCL v. Carnival comparisons!

We've been dining at our own table now for quite a few years due to a few unpleasant experiences

We're like you and want to plan and talk about things while we're eating and certainly don't like waiting for other groups to sit and decide what to order as well

Recently we ate at the Seaday brunch and were lucky they had a table for 3 right away

Oh and I would of asked the waiter for a additional basket of Danishes/Breads just for us 😜

Hope you guys are having lots of fun for Sakaris Birthday. Happy Bday Sakari

Sakari sure does make a cute Easter bunny!

Sorry you had such an uncomfortable experience at breakfast.

Thanks and I hate that it was uncomfortable too. I'll know next time though.

A sign crafted by John Heald maybe?

That's funny because when I read it and said "I HAVE to get a picture of this because it sounds like something John would say" and the hubby is like "Who's John?" LOL :D

Happy 8th birthday to Sakari!

Thank you. She had a wonderful birthday.

Do you have the fun times for this cruise? I would love to see them.

Thanks! Loving the review and pics!!

Yes, I always include them with my reviews.

OK this seaday brunch looks like an improvement. Last brunch menu I saw had mac n cheese and captain crunch french toast. This is more like it!!!

Oh yeah... This is some good eats!!

I'm not sure when you did the sea day brunch (or how long ago), but this was the same menu they had a year ago when we were on the Pride. It's yummy!

Hey Kim,

I'm really enjoying your review of the breeze. Really great! Do you have a date set to sail on the vista yet? I'm set to sail on October 7, 2017. Way too long of a wait. The only good thing is maybe your review of her will be out before then.:p

Thanks and glad you're enjoying it. We do not have a sail date for the Vista yet. The prices will probably have to come down a bit for me. The room I would want is a little more than what I'm willing to pay so far. :D

Mitsugirly, I am still following and enjoying your review. I do very much understand your reluctance to share table with strangers. Even though I have had some previous great results with that (pre your time dining), I did have two very uncomfortable and somewhat unpleasant experiences as well, and once YTD came to be, I have stuck with that, yes, even though I cruise solo. You only need one or two bad experiences to turn you off from shared tables.

I actually don't mind dining alone, since I like to eat, and run so to speak. I typically order an appetizer and a main, am then done. So hate to sit around while others come late, and then order multiple items, and 5 courses, meaning I have to wait for my main course a loooong time lol.

I do like sea day brunch, so I will bear in mind, if on my next cruise I am given that line, of having to wait for a table for one....I will insist on waiting. I hate the thought of a communal bread basket, when I don't know the other people at my table. They should give tongs with that basket when they sit strangers together. JMO.

Sakari is eight???? Where does the time go? Happy Birthday to her!

Looking forward to more of your review.:)

Yep, my very first experience on a cruise back in the 80's consisted of a very rude, very much older, couple that was assigned to our table (we were 21 at the time and enjoying our anniversary). They ended up asking to be moved to another table with people "more their age" but there was a lot of rudeness during the first two nights they were at the same table. I just don't like sharing a table with strangers. Now I will say that I can be sitting at a table out on the deck and someone looking for a place to sit, while holding a plate, and I will speak right up and ask them if they would like to sit by us. It usually strikes up a conversation...but it's just gotta be "that person"...and you know "that person" when you see them. ;)

YES!! Eight years old....oh em gee! I can't believe it. Time flies when you're having fun...cruising. :p

Thank you for all of your reviews and Happy Birthday to Sakari! We are just off the Dawn and booked our excursions based on your reviews!! We're cruising the Magic in June, so I'm following this to check out your NCL v. Carnival comparisons!

Thanks for the comments and the birthday wishes. How did you like the places you decided to go on the Dawn? Hopefully they turned out good.

We've been dining at our own table now for quite a few years due to a few unpleasant experiences

We're like you and want to plan and talk about things while we're eating and certainly don't like waiting for other groups to sit and decide what to order as well

Recently we ate at the Seaday brunch and were lucky they had a table for 3 right away

Oh and I would of asked the waiter for a additional basket of Danishes/Breads just for us 😜

Hope you guys are having lots of fun for Sakaris Birthday. Happy Bday Sakari

I really did think about asking for another basket of breads, but I really didn't want to seem rude to the other family. I hate coming off as rude and that makes things even more awkward. But put in that position again and it would definitely happen. :o

Happy Birthday to Little Miss Mermaid, Sakari! Hope your next year is filled with more adventures on the high seas!

Thank you and I'm sure they will be. :)

So it has been a crazy busy day today. Sakari turned 8 today, BUT NOT before everyone could come over and sing Happy Birthday to her. She told everyone that she's "about to be 8 as soon as you sing Happy Birthday too me."

I surprised her with this cake...

13007124_10154255760968706_5186371823483901006_n-L.jpg

13007222_10154256419143706_2224854259860805297_n-L.jpg

And she got her a mermaid blanket, which she is now sleeping in. THIS was a shock to her since she had never even seem them yet...even though they came from the same company that makes her mermaid tails. HA! I pulled one over on her...FINALLY!

12985407_10154256418748706_5749818027242212763_n-L.jpg

She had a great day of family and friends over, a cookout, riding her new pro Haro bike, then going to the trampoline jump place and then out to dinner. She was so tired I had to threaten her just to get her into the shower tonight instead of going straight to bed. :p Now THAT'S how you wear out an 8 year old. :D

So I would say that she had a great year being 7 with 4 cruises under her belt just during the age of 7. Yep, what more could any child ask for? Oh yea, another cruise, I forgot. :eek: And ask she did!

I am glad to hear that Sakari had a great birthday! :D

LOVED the cruise ship cake! I want one of those for my next birthday!

I am sure the mermaid bllanket will be a favorite thing. You may never get it off of her! :eek:

Of course Sakari was asking for another cruise! She is your daughter, after all, and you've trained her well! :eek: I suspect that you have already created the next generation of cruise addicts!

Just finished your Jade review yesterday and found another Mitsugirly review. Yay! Btw, sorry your cabin steward was so awful and the norovirus ending. I love your reviews. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks and glad to have you here.

I am glad to hear that Sakari had a great birthday! :D

LOVED the cruise ship cake! I want one of those for my next birthday!

I am sure the mermaid bllanket will be a favorite thing. You may never get it off of her! :eek:

Of course Sakari was asking for another cruise! She is your daughter, after all, and you've trained her well! :eek: I suspect that you have already created the next generation of cruise addicts!

I know, wasn't that birthday cake awesome? She is very much my daughter and loves her cruises. :D

Happy belated birthday to Sakari!!... the cutest mermaid of them all!, and congrats to the proud parents for having such a wonderful family!! :)

723349871_1751340.gif

Aww, thank you so much. I can't wait to show her this picture when she gets home from school today. :)