MITSUGIRLY lets the BREEZE flow through her hair-Spring Break Review/Pictorial

mitsugirly

Your daughter is seven? Wow, I can only imagine how much of a focus the video games are for te older kids. :( That's too bad. My kids will be 9, 10, and 12 when we are on the Breeze. I don't want them to only play video games in Camp Ocean.

Question about the basketball court- did you ever see soccer played here?

Thanks, enjoying your review. :)

So the door on my balcony will get closed if we had bad weather...and I'll be safe from the water coming in, but everyone else in the same row will drown? LOL Because I'm the only one that had a door like that and then the steps that led up above in the hole.

All cove balconies have the storm door, but not all have the steps/ladder.

Enjoying your review. We will be on the Magic next January.

What do you mean you could ask for the burgers on the Dream? They do not have Guys burgers on the Dream. They have their normal burgers with the usual toppings and some stuff you can add that is on the serving line.

I am sure she meant the Pride and it was a typo. it happens

Thanks for taking the time to share such a wonderful review! My DH and I just decided to take a Carnival cruise out of Galveston for our anniversary. We've cruised twice before on Princess, but seeing that we live in Houston, sailing out of Galveston makes a lot of sense! We have 3 ships to choose from, and the Breeze is 1 of them so finding your review is the 1st step of my research! Thanks!

What do you mean you could ask for the burgers on the Dream? They do not have Guys burgers on the Dream. They have their normal burgers with the usual toppings and some stuff you can add that is on the serving line.

According to the Carnival website the Breeze does in fact have Guys Burgers.

Yes, Breeze has Guy's. Mitsugirly is reviewing the Breeze and said she didn't remember them on the Dream.

BIGBO was referring to the Dream.

Edited by tandemcruzr

Hi Kim,

Great start on the review!

I cant remember all of the stops you had on this cruise. I know one was St Kitts. Was on Puerto Rico?

Anyway, not to hijack the thread but Im trying to finish up planning on my upcoming cruise. Do you have transportation info/costs for PR and St Kitts that you could pass along to me? Also food costs etc at Cockleshell Beach if you still went there (you had planned to at one point).

If you dont want to post here early I can give you contact info to email me.

We went to St Maarten, St Kitts, PR and Grand Turk on this one. So yes, they will be within this review.:)

You have a nice talent for sharing your cruise experiences. Thank you. I really enjoy being able to "take" more cruises than I can afford.:)

Why thank you so much for the compliments.

Happy Birthday to Sakari! [emoji322][emoji324][emoji322]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you :)

Nice! Congrats for making the decision to further your degree. I didn't think there was much difference between the A.A. and the BSN until I finally decided to further my degree (21 yrs after getting my Associate's). As you've seen there is a huge difference. I immediately went on to get my Master's; also well worth it. I wish you the best! :)

Thank you. I can't wait to get it over with. I'm pretty sure I will not be going for my masters. I have no desire to put such a degree to use. I will however, think long and hard about DNP or something along that line. :)

I think I would have been tempted to stand right next to those napping people & be as loud as I could, LOL

:D

That's sad to read. It wasn't like that when my son was young enough to be in Camp Carnival. They did have computers, but not nearly anything like these pics are showing. A sign of the times I guess :( (sigh). I hope they do a better job when Sakari gets into the next age group.

Things are really changing with her moving up from the younger to this age group. It just doesn't seem to fit her well. She use to beg to go there and beg to stay. Now it's the other way around. :(

You would LOVE Cabana's (the buffet) on the Disney ships. They are beachy too. This is from the Dream

cabanas1 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cabanas8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

cabanas10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And the Magic

boarding19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

mag32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The Breeze looks beautiful. I heard Guys is really good. i must get on Carnival just for that eventually

Those pictures are great and reminds me of this. You are right, we would absolutely love that. :)

Thanks for your review. Did you notice, are there tables for two at the steakhouse not so close together? I would be very upset if I paid for the steakhouse experience and was placed right next to someone else.

No sorry, I did not notice that. I just went in to take pictures and that was it. I don't eat steak, so other than taking pictures, you won't find me in here. The only thing I would be able to go by would be if it showed in the pictures I took. Sorry. :(

I agree with you! Not to start a smoking controversy but it's even worse when those "nappers" look at the smokers like they're bothering THEM by smoking....on the smoking side! Can't we all just respect each other and keep to our own side and co-exist in harmony at the same time???:confused: I'm sure there are smokers out there that would like to blow a little extra smoke their way just to annoy them back!:;)

Exactly. They have taken away from smokers time and time again and then you will find people like them still infringing those areas they want to complain about. However, I can't say for sure if the people napping were actually smokers or not. They might have been. However, it honestly doesn't matter one way or the other if they are because they shouldn't have just been "napping" in the one area they allow smoking. Go have your cig, then get up and go nap somewhere else!

Kim, I love everything about your reviews! Love the pics, love the insight, love your sense of humor. You have me cracking up sometimes. Happy birthday to Sakari...they grow up so darn fast!

I've been on NCL once and RCCL all the other times. This has me really wanting to try out the Breeze!!!

Aww thanks so much. I really appreciate it. :)

Enjoying your review. We leave in 13 days[emoji847]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I hope you have a wonderful time!

Thanks for the update, Kim. I am enjoying the ship tour a lot! Looks like there are a lot of comfortable places to hang out around the pools.

There is...IF you can get to them and they are available. ;)

I worked for the YMCA for six years - I could provide you with some real disgusting horror stories on this subject. People just amaze me sometimes.

Kim

I can only imagine!! :eek:

Whoops sorry, I meant the Pride. :D :o

We're onboard in two weeks. Loving your review and pics. Thank you!!

Have a wonderful cruise!!

Your daughter is seven? Wow, I can only imagine how much of a focus the video games are for te older kids. :( That's too bad. My kids will be 9, 10, and 12 when we are on the Breeze. I don't want them to only play video games in Camp Ocean.

Question about the basketball court- did you ever see soccer played here?

Thanks, enjoying your review. :)

Yep, only 7. They did do other things I believe. Just not the things she likes to do...such as crafts and drawing.

We did not go up to the Basketball court area often, so I didn't really pay attention. Sorry.

I am sure she meant the Pride and it was a typo. it happens

Yep, Oops and too late to correct. :D

Still enjoying your review and thanks for putting it together for us. I think I've mentioned we'll be on her about a year from now doing a b2b. We've wanted to sail on the Breeze ever since she was new and only now decided to book.

Thank you and you'll be glad you booked.

Love your review! We will be sailing on her in January 2017. Your pictures are awesome.

Is there a adult pool only on this ship? Usually in the serenity area on ships they have a pool or hot tubs for adults only.

Thank you. No adult only pool. There were kids in both pools and there isn't a pool in the serenity area. They did have 2 hot tubs in that area though. I would say that you probably have to have a membership to the spa for an adult only pool but I swear the night we were taking pictures of it some lady was in there with someone who didn't look to be an adult, so I may be wrong.

Great review, thanks for writing it! :)

Thanks for commenting.

Thanks for taking the time to share such a wonderful review! My DH and I just decided to take a Carnival cruise out of Galveston for our anniversary. We've cruised twice before on Princess, but seeing that we live in Houston, sailing out of Galveston makes a lot of sense! We have 3 ships to choose from, and the Breeze is 1 of them so finding your review is the 1st step of my research! Thanks!

You are very welcome. I do hope you consider the Breeze. She's amazing.

I had posted about the Dream and mentioned Guys when I meant to say the Pride. My mistake and that's what this poster was referring to. :)

A BAG A MIXTURE COMING UP...

Here's just some "random" pictures I took. No rhyme or reason, just because I guess I wanted to share.

A hallway

P3260170%20copy-L.jpg

With nice little areas that you would see people sitting around reading a book or relaxing with friends over a glass of wine.

P3260171%20copy-L.jpg

I found this sign hilarious, while probably directed toward me, and had to snap a picture of it.

P3290582%20copy-L.jpg

Always gotta have one of these pictures

P3311289%20copy-L.jpg

Elevator area

P4011365%20copy-L.jpg

P4021395%20copy-L.jpg

For those that are interested in getting the internet service, I have to say that this service (the way it worked) ROCKED!!! It was awesome compared to NCL's service if you have more than 1 device you were using on (like we do). We would switch from both our cell phone devices and the computer and have so many issues on NCL getting it to log off another device. With this service, YOU (the person trying to get on) could log off the other device with the push of a button. You didn't have to have that other device to log off and then go to your device to log on. AMAZING!!! (Then if you really wanted to mess with someone, like I do with my hubby, he could be on and I'd sneak on and log him off and get on...leaving him wondering why the internet got so slow all of a sudden...hehe, because I can).

IMG_3969%20copy-L.jpg

The public bathrooms were pretty weird if I say so myself. They all had some type of jungle or sea theme. It reminded me of some houses I knew back in the day that people ordered the mural scenes that covered an entire wall in their house.

P3311294%20copy-L.jpg

P4011368%20copy-L.jpg

P4011369%20copy-L.jpg

P4021401%20copy-L.jpg

The ship coin...find it if you can!!!

P4021389%20copy-L.jpg

I found that I DID NOT like the little ship map/directions they had on this ship. You could find one of these at every elevator. But once you found what you were looking for, you had to run your finger down it to find the floor. With my old 50 year old eyes, it was not easy. Momma said I never could draw a straight line, even with my fingers. It would take me a few tries each time.

P4021402%20copy-L.jpg

P4021403%20copy-L.jpg

Sometimes pictures are meant to test your intelligence. You know you get those little things from your friends that say iii ʎႨɹ!ƃnsʇ!ɯ sɐ ƃu!zɐɯɐ sɐ әɹɐ noʎ 'uʍop әp!sdn ʇxәʇ s!Ⴁʇ pɐәɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟ!

or the text that has numbers and letters in it

The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Well, this picture is for you guys...

P4021408%20copy-L.jpg

Thirsty? You have your choices between lemonade, lemonade, lemonade...and tea. Just great. It's a good thing that I really like their lemonade but I can't drink too much of it or I get a sore throat. They could use a little improvement in this department with their choices (like NCL has a variety of different flavors).

P4021437%20copy-L.jpg

One neat thing I found was the hot chocolate machine.

P4021438%20copy-L.jpg

Don't forget to use a paper towel and protect yourself, and me from your nasty germs, when exiting the public restroom.

P4021506-2%20copy-L.jpg

The entertainment schedule for the week:

P4021460%20copy-XL.jpg

You best believe I took advantage of this.

P4021462%20copy-XL.jpg

Then they gave us this with our first purchase. Later they would give you gifts for the milestones you would reach by purchasing photos. This included a free Shutterfly scrapbook (which I always do anyhow) and also a USB memory stick (which was a whale tale this time and last time I received one that looked like a ship).

P4021463%20copy-XL.jpg

Good to know stuff

P4021464%20copy-XL.jpg

Want free stuff AND earn points? Apply for a Carnival credit card.

P4021467%20copy-XL.jpg

If you need your laundry done, they can do it for you.

P4021469%20copy-XL.jpg