Royal Caribbean Drinks Packages!

We are looking to purchase a drinks package on our upcoming cruise on Vision. Last year we bought the all inclusive drinks package on the Regal Princess and that included everything...beer, wine by the glass, spirits, cocktails, speciality coffees etc, all of which we really enjoyed! On checking the Royal Caribbean drinks package, none list spirits as being included, I telephone Royal Caribbean but spoke to a foreigner who just quoted everything on the website which I already knew, no help what-so-ever!

Can anyone confirm what exactly is included in these packages, both the premium and the select package.

Thanks in advance.

Pringle.

I'm a bit loathed to go for the 'ultimate' package to be honest as its way too expensive!

So if the 'premium' package does include spirits, what about the 'select' package...are there spirits included with that one?

I'm a bit loathed to go for the 'ultimate' package to be honest as its way too expensive!

So if the 'premium' package does include spirits, what about the 'select' package...are there spirits included with that one?

No. Just beer and wine and soda.

Edited by ragethjj23

Wine and beer are the only alcoholic beverages available with the select package. I used to get select but now upgrade to the premium.... Got tired of just beer and wine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I used to get select but now upgrade to the premium.... Got tired of just beer and wine.

Thanks all...okay that sort of makes my mind up, like you say cruzrman, 16 days of just beer and wine would be a little much, I do like a gin & tonic!

What about cocktails then, I know it's states mocktails are in but surely if spirits are included in the premium package then alchoholic cocktails are in the premium package too?

Yes alcoholic cocktails are aplenty with the premium package. . I too love gin and tonics especially with the included Bombay Sapphire gin. You must try the frozen Mojito's as well... Delicious.

Going on a 9-night cruise and approx. cost for drink package would be over 400.00!! That seems quite expensive...can anyone let me know what an average rum and coke would cost?

Probably around $9.

We have never bought the drinks package. We are considering this for our April 24 cruise on the navigator. Can anyone tell me if the after dinner drinks in tha main dining room is included? I have contacted RCCL and received two different answers. One says yes, the other, no. Help!!!

We have never bought the drinks package. We are considering this for our April 24 cruise on the navigator. Can anyone tell me if the after dinner drinks in tha main dining room is included? I have contacted RCCL and received two different answers. One says yes, the other, no. Help!!!

If you mean the after dinner shots, yes the shots are included, however the special shot glass is not - so ask for them in regular shot glass. If you mean alcoholic coffees, only included on Ultimate package. If you mean after dinner digestive like Campari or such, yes, included in both Premium and Ultimate.

If you mean the after dinner shots, yes the shots are included, however the special shot glass is not - so ask for them in regular shot glass. If you mean alcoholic coffees, only included on Ultimate package. If you mean after dinner digestive like Campari or such, yes, included in both Premium and Ultimate.

I think even this part is confusing. For example, if you want regular coffee with some Bailey's, then that would be included in the Premium package. But if you wanted some alcoholic drink that required espresso, then it would require the Ultimate package.

My husband & I like a Manhattan or 2 before dinner, preferably made with Maker's Mark. Anyone know the price of this drink? Would it be included in the Premium Package? I know that Maker's Mark is on the list, but I'm wondering if the price of the drink might somehow exclude it from the package. (We ran into this issue on another cruise line; we could get a shot of Maker's Mark, but adding sweet vermouth, bitters & a cherry to the drink put it over their price limit.)

In any case, unless we are able to get the 20% discount on the package (which has not yet been available for our July cruise on Serenade of the Seas), I'm not sure it would make financial sense for us to get the package. Guess it will depend on the price of the Maker's Mark Manhattan & whether or not it would be covered by the Premium Package.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

My husband & I like a Manhattan or 2 before dinner, preferably made with Maker's Mark. Anyone know the price of this drink? Would it be included in the Premium Package? I know that Maker's Mark is on the list, but I'm wondering if the price of the drink might somehow exclude it from the package. (We ran into this issue on another cruise line; we could get a shot of Maker's Mark, but adding sweet vermouth, bitters & a cherry to the drink put it over their price limit.)

In any case, unless we are able to get the 20% discount on the package (which has not yet been available for our July cruise on Serenade of the Seas), I'm not sure it would make financial sense for us to get the package. Guess it will depend on the price of the Maker's Mark Manhattan & whether or not it would be covered by the Premium Package.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

I don't know the price of a Manhattnn offhand, but I know it's included in the Premium package. If you take a look at the brochure, you will see that Maker's is included:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

I don't know the price of a Manhattnn offhand, but I know it's included in the Premium package. If you take a look at the brochure, you will see that Maker's is included:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

They rated that they knew makers is, but it may not be in the drink form. So a Manhattan is x amount made with whatever they normally make it with. A Manhattan made with makers is x + an upcharge and that might put it over the allotted amount. One way around it is to get the shot on the rocks and then ask for bitters and sweet vermouth on a separate transaction.

They rated that they knew makers is, but it may not be in the drink form. So a Manhattan is x amount made with whatever they normally make it with. A Manhattan made with makers is x + an upcharge and that might put it over the allotted amount. One way around it is to get the shot on the rocks and then ask for bitters and sweet vermouth on a separate transaction.

I understand what you are saying, however our most recent experience on Vision last month seemed to indicate that the higher end spirits were included in the package drinks. We had several Grand Margaritas that were made with higher end tequila and they were included.

If you have the Premium pkg and you ask for a premium wine with a price over the pkg limit, do you just pay the difference (like Celebrity) or the full cost of the drink?

Difference.

Okay...seemed to have started a little debate on what's on offer and what's not here!

Here's another question, on the Royal Caribbean website, the package is listed at £32+ for the premium package...is that price with the 20% special offer already taken off or is the 20% taken off after ordering the package?

I understand what you are saying, however our most recent experience on Vision last month seemed to indicate that the higher end spirits were included in the package drinks. We had several Grand Margaritas that were made with higher end tequila and they were included.

Unless changed since last spring, Makers Mark Manhattans definitely included in Premium package. Experiential learning [emoji48]

We are looking to purchase a drinks package on our upcoming cruise on Vision. Last year we bought the all inclusive drinks package on the Regal Princess and that included everything...beer, wine by the glass, spirits, cocktails, speciality coffees etc, all of which we really enjoyed! On checking the Royal Caribbean drinks package, none list spirits as being included....

I wonder if the issue is that they don't call it "spirits" but "cocktails"? I even looked at the UK site and the page there (searched for "drinks packages" in the search box on that site) shows "cocktails". That's the code word for what you would call "spirits". :)

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/discover-cruise-holidays/bars-drinks-packages/pdf/Beverage_Pkg_Pre-Cruise_Flyer.pdf

So, July 24th will be my family's first cruise and we will be onboard the Allure. We will have two teenage boys (15) and am debating getting the soda (or whatever it's called) package. How does it work? Do they have to carry a bottle around with them to use the machines? Does anyone know the price of just the soda package? Thanks in advance--told you I'm new to all of this :)