Miami-Which hotel?

retire2cruise55

Departing Port of Miami next month and would appreciate hotel suggestions.

-We are flying into Miami the day before our cruise, so won't have a car/transportation. We can take a cab from/to airport.

-Price: Under $300 per nt

-Must have free wifi, be clean and modern.

* Currently considering Hampton (Mary Brickell), Intercontinental and brand new Homewood Suites.

Thank you!

Those are two good choices. :cool: I would also look at The Doubletree on Biscayne Blvd and the next door Marriott -- fewer dining options but with the benefit of some rooms offering a view of the port. :D

The intercontinental and a couple of other Marriott properties in downtown Miami could also meet your needs.

Good luck! :)

I would go wth Hampton Inn or Intercontinental and would add to it for consideration Conrad Hilton and the JW Marriott. The Hampton Inn and the two I just added are near Mary Brickell Village which has lots of dining options and there are other options near the hotels themselves.

Keith

For $300/nt a quick look online for a random Friday in May shows some pretty good deals. You could even do the Four Season, Viceroy, Marriott Marquis, Aloft Brickell or any of the Kimpton properties which are always fun. The restaurants housed in those higher end places will obviously be pretty pricy, but they are all in good locations. I like to splurge a bit on hotels so I would go for the Four Seasons, hands down. Intercontinental is $160ish which would be a steal for that property too if you wanted to slash your budget.

For $300/nt a quick look online for a random Friday in May shows some pretty good deals. You could even do the Four Season, Viceroy, Marriott Marquis, Aloft Brickell or any of the Kimpton properties which are always fun. The restaurants housed in those higher end places will obviously be pretty pricy, but they are all in good locations. I like to splurge a bit on hotels so I would go for the Four Seasons, hands down. Intercontinental is $160ish which would be a steal for that property too if you wanted to slash your budget.

Thanks Paul. I'm going to look at things this evening.