Lifestyles VIP Serenity Beach - still valid?

Keys2Heaven

Just back from the Valor and had also booked the VIP resort with limited guests, 40 I think. This was in fact cancelled and replaced by an Iberostar resort. I sorry but it was nothing like the VIP Serenity tour described. We were assured by the tour desk it was the same, WRONG. We left the resort after 30 minutes, no chairs available at the beach or around the pool. You got to eat at the buffet and they gave you a 10% off coupon for their restaurants, not much like "All Inclusive". There were no instructions given of what time to meet the return bus or where it would be. Our cab ride back to Amber Cove was $60.00. I would not suggest this replacement tour to anyone.

Did you ask for a refund of the excursion since you left after paying for rt transportation already? Did you buy the package that included food or no?

Some people have said they were fine with the substitute at Iberostar. Go figure.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just back from the Valor and had also booked the VIP resort with limited guests, 40 I think. This was in fact cancelled and replaced by an Iberostar resort. I sorry but it was nothing like the VIP Serenity tour described. We were assured by the tour desk it was the same, WRONG. We left the resort after 30 minutes, no chairs available at the beach or around the pool. You got to eat at the buffet and they gave you a 10% off coupon for their restaurants, not much like "All Inclusive". There were no instructions given of what time to meet the return bus or where it would be. Our cab ride back to Amber Cove was $60.00. I would not suggest this replacement tour to anyone.

This is why we cancelled ours. Just thought it would not be the same experience. Some people obviously didn't care, and that's fine. To each his own.

Lifestyles is not a timeshare. I have no annual fees. When we were there last year, there was a buffet restaurant that was taken over by a day trip mob. Same at a previous timeshare that we used to own in Cozumel. Selling out vacant rooms is different from day pass visitors. I'd be okay with it if it were a limited number, but that's not what I've seen. Put yourself in our shoes. I'm guessing/hoping that this is what the problem is.

Also, there are many restrictions for dress codes at Lifestyles that I couldn't see working out with a day pass. That's why they only include the casual buffet.

I do hope you can all get things worked out and get refunds. I don't know anything about the Puerto Plata Iberostar, but I do recommend a land trip to Lifestyles! Good luck everyone!

i've been a timeshare owner for 29 years so i've been in your shoes. i see no difference in day use guests and renters. and i've never seen any product that one buys into that doesn't have some type of maintenance fee. the iberostar also has a dress code for the restaurants....only the outside buffet didn't have a dress code. again, i have no problem with day guests as long as they are courteous but i expect guests to be courteous no matter where they are and i hope carnival get's the problem sorted out so guests can start using the lifestyles resort. while i thoroughly enjoyed the iberostar it seems others really want to try the lifestyle.

• 2 weeks later...

After reading this thread a week ago - I almost cancelled our excursion. I am so glad that I did not! This excursion was not cancelled nor substituted.

We were in Amber Cove on the 27th and loved this excursion (Lifestyle Serenity VIP). One of the best excursions we have ever taken and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone. Very relaxing, absolute comfort, great food, terrific bar service, and well groomed beach. It was a real highlight of our cruise, and that's saying something since we also visited Half Moon Cay:)

I was there this week, the 27th also. We had a nice time. The only downfall was there was 2 big bus loads of people on the excursion, plus the people staying at the actual resort.