Dispute charge with credit card

OP sails in two weeks and the booking was made for a single. Don't think they can add names at this point.

Would be worth a try...would validate that they were selling SI GTYs only if he can't. In that case RCCL would have a pretty serious issue of bait and switch that they need to correct in their system. If that's the outcome they need to make it right to OP by giving him a better cabin or lots more OBC and charge it back to their IT department for allowing such bait and switch sales to take place in the first place.

Thanks for all the comments. Yes, I have thought about adding the second passenger then removing the taxes and fees at no show. I think the reason the website is showing the 1367.00 price for one and over 2k for two is because they are trying to fill up the studios. When I called to ask to be put back in the pool, RCI said I would probably still be assigned the studio because I'm traveling solo. No win situation here. And everytime I call, they say I am working with the guy that originally helped (or should I say didn't help) me out. They want me to upgrade, but I don't want to give them more money.

I remember a couple years ago someone with a special needs child reserved a cabin that showed it had a couch. When they got there it was a chair. Cannot remember the outcome but I think they had to stay in that cabin.

That was us with the infamous "chair" bed. Yes we had to stay in that cabin because they were sold out. Here's a picture incase anyone missed seeing that lovely thing. [emoji12]

OP I hope you are able to get some kind of resolution here. I think it is very sad what Royal is trying to get away with here! Don't stop trying, we had to go up many ladders to get some resolution for what they did to us. Hope you cruise is wonderful anyway.

c2d514c173bf3138bb7ee529c1c99e75.jpg

Well, I am still trying to get some satisfaction on my room assignment for the Apr 29 TA on Serenade. I was told to keep calling to see if a cabin opens up which it has. 9005. But they won't assign to me because it's not an IS GTY Only option is to upgrade to an OV for another 369 dollars The way I have been treated, I am having a hard time forking out more money. I did write a letter to CEO stating how studio cabins are not mentioned in the IS GTY category or anywhere in the booking process on website. So, If I don't accomplish anything, at least I can alert others of this bait and switch from RCI

I'm quoting from the new thread you started concerning your problem.

Does the above indicate your invoice shows you actually had a SI-GTY, Studio Inside guarantee, booked and not another regular inside guarantee like a Z-GTY or Q-GTY? I don't believe RCI offers an IS-GTY as there isn't such a category designation.

Cabin 9005 isn't currently showing available. Even if it was what RCI is saying is that you were assigned a studio inside cabin for your SI-GTY and even if that cabin, which is an Cat. K or an upgrade from your current studio, it also would cost more to have that cabin for you cruise. Since cabin 9005 is no longer available so now the lowest category available is an OV, likely a Cat. I, which will also cost more to upgrade to.

Edited by robtulipe

I usually book Inside GTY staterooms and have never had a problem before. This problem all stems from the studios on Serenade that are not listed on their website in the booking process. If I had known that there was a chance that I could get a studio of 108 sq feet, I would have passed. So, If I want a different cabin, I have the option to upgrade to an OV GTY. The resolutions department that I dealt with last week was a total waste of energy and time because nothing has changed, They told me to keep calling to see if something opens up, which I did and it didn't matter. I am still in a studio, paying 200%. What is the point of a studio if they are the same price as a cabin that sleeps up to 3 people? Frustrated at this point.

I'm quoting from the new thread you started concerning your problem.

Does the above indicate your invoice shows you actually had a SI-GTY, Studio Inside guarantee, booked and not another regular inside guarantee like a Z-GTY or Q-GTY? I don't believe RCI offers an IS-GTY as there isn't such a category designation.

I never saw an interior guarantee available for 2 people, even when I saw 'regular' (ie not studio) interiors showing. There was only a 1 passenger guarantee available.

Same with the balcony: the guarantee only came up (and still came up this morning) when you put in 1 person; it was not available for 2.

It's still a little deceitful when the cabin description is not appropriate for what they are selling. But in Royal's favor, the price was very good. I know OP keeps saying that they are paying 200% of the price, but can it be 200% when a guarantee for 2 is not available?

The 'regular' interior price was around $2800-2900 plus tax while the single guarantee priced at $1367 (total price). I still think the balcony guarantee was the better deal.

**balcony guarantee for 1 is no longer available. It was ~$1767 (total). Current price for a single in cheapest balcony is $4727 (total).

Edited by marci22

I usually book Inside GTY staterooms and have never had a problem before. This problem all stems from the studios on Serenade that are not listed on their website in the booking process. If I had known that there was a chance that I could get a studio of 108 sq feet, I would have passed. So, If I want a different cabin, I have the option to upgrade to an OV GTY. The resolutions department that I dealt with last week was a total waste of energy and time because nothing has changed, They told me to keep calling to see if something opens up, which I did and it didn't matter. I am still in a studio, paying 200%. What is the point of a studio if they are the same price as a cabin that sleeps up to 3 people? Frustrated at this point.

I think you will continue to be frustrated, because you are not going to get the resolution you want.

The guarantee for 2 was available when I booked because I specifically asked if I added my husband, what would the charge be. RCI said just taxes and fees for second passenger.

It didn't last long then. I checked ~8:30am, so they would not have allowed you to add the second person by then anyway, as there was no availability left. That is probably why they were unwilling to negotiate further.

Btw did you see the availability yourself? They may have just given that as a standard answer, without realizing that the guarantee was only for singles. If they tried to put it through, it may not have worked.

Edited by marci22

The guarantee for 2 was available when I booked because I specifically asked if I added my husband, what would the charge be. RCI said just taxes and fees for second passenger.

I've seen it posted here on CC of 2 booking a studio inside cabin on Radiance class but they couldn't be large people to be able to have both sleep in the bed in that cabin.

It sounds like you didn't realize you booked a SI-GTY. That's the problem with looking online for cabin availability as it's not clear what exact category you are looking at until you go further into the booking process by clicking on Change Location but you can't do that with a guarantee.

I've seen Cat. SI being offered by RCI on Radiance class, not often as there are only three per ship, but in this case it appears only a SI-GTY was available and that wasn't clear to you. When I check out the SI-GTY, which was the only inside guarantee available at that time for your cruise, it had no square footage or other cabin details in its description.

attachment.php?attachmentid=383159&d=1461016421

PB220360.jpg.8640cdf5ff79e26c7e913cde73ade0f5.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Bottom line is RCI doesn't care. I pointed out to them that it is misleading to show a cabin with 165 sq ft then assign one that is 108 sq ft with a single bed up against the wall. That is probably why interior rooms for one are still available; studios that no one wants. One positive thing is that someone read my e-mail to the CEO and will be getting back with me in the next few days. (so they say)

Here's what appears for a SI cabin on the RCI website. This is from a future Serenade cruise. As you can see its details for the SI, in the lower part of this screen shot, are blank unlike the regular inside details above it. Could it be possible you have remembered only those details shown for the regular inside cabin which were on the same page?

Good luck with RCI.

[ATTACH]383164[/ATTACH]

Edited by robtulipe

Bottom line is RCI doesn't care. I pointed out to them that it is misleading to show a cabin with 165 sq ft then assign one that is 108 sq ft with a single bed up against the wall. That is probably why interior rooms for one are still available; studios that no one wants. One positive thing is that someone read my e-mail to the CEO and will be getting back with me in the next few days. (so they say)

So glad you did this - someone with authority needed to see your dilemma - I hope they are willing to do something for you.

Screen shot didn't upload properly in my post above.

attachment.php?attachmentid=383166&d=1461019771

We think alike! If they think that verbage makes it OK to sub a studio for an inside they are off their rockers. There is NO mention of a studio

Interior Stateroom Guarantee

This standard stateroom offers two twin beds, a private bath and all the amenities of our standard staterooms.

Beds

2 twin beds (can convert to a Royal King, measuring 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long)

Pullman beds

Occupancy

2-4 guests

Size

Varies by ship

I tried to get 9005, they told me it was not available in my category. I guess because I purchased an Inside GTY, choosing a cabin becomes another category? I call everytime an inside cabin comes available. (This is what resolutions advised me to do) They say the same thing everytime; upgrade.

I tried to get 9005, they told me it was not available in my category. I guess because I purchased an Inside GTY, choosing a cabin becomes another category? I call everytime an inside cabin comes available. (This is what resolutions advised me to do) They say the same thing everytime; upgrade.

If your res says IS Guarantee and NOT - SI Guarantee Id be calling and telling them AGAIN - what they are doing is awful

AND now its showing sold out - just checked

Edited by LovesCruising

Res doesn't say SI or IS. Just the cabin assignment. I just got off the phone again asking if we can add my husband. Off course I know we cannot occupy the studio cabin, but I suggested once something opened up, they move us. No deal. I also suggested they transfer this booking to another sail date but because I didn't purchase insurance no deal.

Res doesn't say SI or IS. Just the cabin assignment. I just got off the phone again asking if we can add my husband. Off course I know we cannot occupy the studio cabin, but I suggested once something opened up, they move us. No deal. I also suggested they transfer this booking to another sail date but because I didn't purchase insurance no deal.

ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com

She goes by the name of Laly.

Give it a shot. Email her.