Matt Mitchum's advance view of the Vista

jimbo5544

Just saw over on the big social media site that Matt Mitchum is posting segments of get to know the Vista. Two episodes to date done. The second is the Havana Area. Not sure when it was filmed, but things still need to be done. Most interesting item of note was that the Havana cabana areas (on the sixth floor) appear to look out to a high glass railing (looks 6 ft high) as opposed to a regular railing. What's up with that????

Just saw over on the big social media site that Matt Mitchum is posting segments of get to know the Vista. Two episodes to date done. The second is the Havana Area. Not sure when it was filmed, but things still need to be done. Most interesting item of note was that the Havana cabana areas (on the sixth floor) appear to look out to a high glass railing (looks 6 ft high) as opposed to a regular railing. What's up with that????

I wanna see!! How do you find it?

Eta: found it. Lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Huh, I just checked to deck plan. I guess that is how you can still walk around the outside walkway and provide privacy for these rooms. Not quite what I was expecting.

Jimbo do you see an area outside of the wall on the other side to walk? Definitely the area in between the cabana and the wall won't be for the public I figure. Too close. It's actually what I thought might be the case.

Also the hot tubs look pretty big to me.

Jimbo do you see an area outside of the wall on the other side to walk? Definitely the area in between the cabana and the wall won't be for the public I figure. Too close. It's actually what I thought might be the case.

Also the hot tubs look pretty big to me.

I do see the wall, and it is tight. Still would love to see how they stop people from walking around there. That will be a disappointment for us if true, we loved walking that outside area in the morning. I think you might be right tho.....

Do you think you could give a clue as to which of the dozens of social media sites you are talking about? Or a link? That, I don't think is against the rules.

Facebook. That's pretty much what everyone is always talking about. Follow Matt Mitchum

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So, I'm surprised about the narrow walk way too....but I think that is a good thing for those of us in Cabanas. I think it is very likely they are private. Do you think the wall is glass? I would think so.... The patios are big!

So, I'm surprised about the narrow walk way too....but I think that is a good thing for those of us in Cabanas. I think it is very likely they are private. Do you think the wall is glass? I would think so.... The patios are big!

Yes............ the patios do look big, guess that is where the hammocks go? Awesome that Matt is posting his video series of the Vista!

Yes............ the patios do look big, guess that is where the hammocks go? Awesome that Matt is posting his video series of the Vista!

We will see. They are still saying only hammocks on the suites

Do you think you could give a clue as to which of the dozens of social media sites you are talking about? Or a link? That, I don't think is against the rules.

Carnival Vista Behind the Scenes - Episode 1, iMax

Video link

Carnival Vista Behind the Scenes - Episode 2, Havana Bar & Cabins

Video link

We will see. They are still saying only hammocks on the suites

Totally agree! In around two or 3 weeks , the pictures should be showing up on the internet. We have to wait until Feb 2017 until we can see everything in person!

For those of you in a Havana Cabana on deck 5....I noticed that the glass wall does seem kind of high. I believe the wall is that height for all of Deck 5 from the restaurants on down. So when u look out you will see it but it is glass and I am sure will be kept spotless. It will also keep wind off of you. But also note that unlike lots of other regular balcony cabins, you do not have a solid divider between you and the next cabin so that is likely to promote a great breeze all the way down from the ocean! I know some of you think that the narrow walkway between your cabin and the glass wall may be open at night for others on the ship. I do not think so. I believe this will be private for you lucky Havana people! I expect there will be a gate at each end of the Havana cabanas on deck 5 that will be key card accessed. I am on deck 6 just above you in that lovely aft wrap cabin (at least I hope it is!). It provides access to all Havana stuff but is above the pool. It seems to have a regular height glass balcony wall. Not sure about the height of the glass on deck 5....you will all have to weigh in to Carnival on if you like it or not after you sail as it would not seem too hard to make it half height as the other balcony rails....

And those Havana lanais look huge....like having a front yard on a ship...

the Havana pool area looks cool....hot tubs are huge....I am hoping they can be set to jet & bubble without the heat as well as that would be fun! John Heald if you are reading this....pass it on to the Beards!!

Totally agree! In around two or 3 weeks , the pictures should be showing up on the internet. We have to wait until Feb 2017 until we can see everything in person!

we are Feb 2017 as well....we go Feb 25, 2017

I see we typed the wrong month :eek:. Meant to say Jan 14, 2017. Hope you have a great cruise on an awesome ship!

Everything is looking great, but I am so glad I cancelled the inaugural. NOTHING looks polished and finished for a ship that is supposed to be sailing 2 weeks from tomorrow. Literally nothing is done and passenger ready. It'd be super exciting to see all of these photos if I was sailing in January 2017... but I'd be pretty worried if I were supposed to be sailing in 2 weeks : /

Everything is looking great, but I am so glad I cancelled the inaugural. NOTHING looks polished and finished for a ship that is supposed to be sailing 2 weeks from tomorrow. Literally nothing is done and passenger ready. It'd be super exciting to see all of these photos if I was sailing in January 2017... but I'd be pretty worried if I were supposed to be sailing in 2 weeks : /

I'm betting it's done. Otherwise they wouldn't be allowing employees to show these videos. Just my guess....we'll see soon enough!!

Most of what you see in the videos and photos is protective wrapping on everything. The floors, walls, railings, etc. All that is really left is mostly cosmetic and quickly done. The crew area is completely done.

The Havana Cabana that Matt looks into.....is MINE!! Yes, that exact cabin! We are right at the pool end of the row of Cabanas on the Starboard side. How cool is that? I agree the walkway in front of the Cabana is narrower than I'd expected, but the glass wall out to see has always been in the renderings. That's not a surprise to me.

The Havana Cabana that Matt looks into.....is MINE!! Yes, that exact cabin! We are right at the pool end of the row of Cabanas on the Starboard side. How cool is that? I agree the walkway in front of the Cabana is narrower than I'd expected, but the glass wall out to see has always been in the renderings. That's not a surprise to me.

Mrs Fuzzmo, I forget, are you on the Inaugural? Just wondering if you will be sailing with us. :)